Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:24:28 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Game are You Playing Now II? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: What Video Game are You Playing Now II?  (Read 58207 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2022, 02:17:35 PM »

Total War: Warhammer III. To be entirely honest I am feeling a bit let down by it so far. I wanted a game where I could play as any faction and set out to conquer the entire world. I haven't played it enough to tell if the full world is available, but I can't take just any faction. Oh well, I can always go back to Battletech.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2022, 01:12:12 PM »

RDR2 has gotten better but it surprises me that a game hailed as a masterpiece doesn't have more to recommend it.

I think I'm going to miss jumping into Elden Ring at launch because I can't see walking away from RDR2 so early in the plot, but Elden Ring is my next title and it's possible I'll jump ship if I get tempted enough.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2022, 01:35:16 PM »

I think I'm going to miss jumping into Elden Ring at launch because I can't see walking away from RDR2 so early in the plot, but Elden Ring is my next title and it's possible I'll jump ship if I get tempted enough.

Apparently Elden Ring is getting unprecedented positive reviews. I'll wait awhile until it's patched but if these notices hold up I'll probably get it, assuming that someday I'll have free time to play video games.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2022, 01:09:20 PM »

As of three minutes ago ELLLLLDEN RIIIING!

Added after a couple hours of playing.......

This is an intense, fascinating, and intricate game that has more beauty than Dark Souls, and gives a player more choices to make than Bloodborne or Demon Souls. It stands on its own but does resonate with past FROM titles, and every few moments reminds me I am playing Dark Souls 4, albeit a less vicious installment in the series. It absolutely draws you in and activates curiosity about this vast, perilous world you're dropped into without much information. I'm enjoying it and so far it shows every sign of living up to the glowing reviews. I really think this is a game that will bookmark a new era in the industry.

It's been that good.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 05:22:56 PM by ER » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2022, 10:21:58 PM »

As of three minutes ago ELLLLLDEN RIIIING!

Added after a couple hours of playing.......

This is an intense, fascinating, and intricate game that has more beauty than Dark Souls, and gives a player more choices to make than Bloodborne or Demon Souls. It stands on its own but does resonate with past FROM titles, and every few moments reminds me I am playing Dark Souls 4, albeit a less vicious installment in the series. It absolutely draws you in and activates curiosity about this vast, perilous world you're dropped into without much information. I'm enjoying it and so far it shows every sign of living up to the glowing reviews. I really think this is a game that will bookmark a new era in the industry.

It's been that good.

WHAT SHE SAID!!!
This game is GLORIOUS!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JuanSnz
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2022, 11:05:33 PM »

Meanwhile, everyone is playing Elden Ring, I'm downloading Conan Exiles. I gonna give it another chance.

I only hope that Elden Ring doesn't become in a few weeks the new Cyberpunk 2077. Too much hype, too much game's awards before even the game was finished and launched, and few days after the release...the horror.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2022, 11:51:48 PM »

Meanwhile, everyone is playing Elden Ring, I'm downloading Conan Exiles. I gonna give it another chance.

I only hope that Elden Ring doesn't become in a few weeks the new Cyberpunk 2077. Too much hype, too much game's awards before even the game was finished and launched, and few days after the release...the horror.

I hope so too but I can say it isn't a day-one letdown like No Man's Sky six years ago.

Conan Exiles is a survival game, isn't it? If it's the one I'm thinking of it looked interesting. There was also a Conan game, not that one I think, whuch was like Age of Empires. You built cities and economies and waged war with giant arachnids and seige weapons, and that one made me want to play it but I never did.

JuanSnz
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2022, 10:42:41 AM »

Conan Exiles is a survival game, isn't it? If it's the one I'm thinking of it looked interesting. There was also a Conan game, not that one I think, whuch was like Age of Empires. You built cities and economies and waged war with giant arachnids and seige weapons, and that one made me want to play it but I never did.

Yes, Conan Exiles is a survival game, based of course in the Robert E. Howard's Conan canon, but not in a particular story or arc.

The game you said that looks like a 'Age of Empires' is call 'Conan Unconquered' and I think is based on King Conan stories.

Also, there is Age of Conan, which is a MMORPG with mostly free content, that according to the official description 'takes place within the continent of the Hyborian kingdoms, a year after the events depicted in Robert E. Howard's Conan novel The Hour of the Dragon'.

All the three games are licensed of Funcom.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2022, 03:26:33 PM »

I beat CP2077 in the first few weeks after it came out and am like 15 hours into Elden Ring.  No chance of it being another CP2077, it's already technically much better than CP2077 was (especially if you're playing both on a base console, PS4/Xbone) and a much better game too despite some technical problems.  I'm getting stuttering issues which I really shouldn't for a PC as strong as mine, but other than that really good.  CP2077 had endless bugs, glitches, crashes, falling through the world, broken quests, bad performance, and I was on a PC well above the minimum specs - it was far worse on base consoles.

Also, Elden Ring so far is wonderful.   TeddyR
JuanSnz
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2022, 05:25:10 PM »

^ Yes, I read some reports from relieved players that Elden Ring is not the new Cyberpunk 2077, besides the fps drops, and other flaws.
Sadly, as my PC is not a gaming rig, and the price on Steam, I'm not giving a look to the game for the moment (for that reason I said, 'every is playing Elden Ring...' in another post).

Get fun!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2022, 08:37:17 PM »

Elden Ring (all hail Elden Ring: Hail! Hail!), day three report card.

The Good: almost everything.

The Bad:
It's annoyingly difficult to travel great distances in a straight line when the terrain is so mountainous, with so many cliffs. It's like Skyrim minus the road signs and guards who kvetch about getting shot in the knee. Fast travel helps but not when you're exploring new areas.

The Ugly: Most of the foes you sink your sword into are sooo ugly they look like their parents were siblings as well as monsters.

Bottom Line:
A classic of the 2020s, Elden Ring takes the baton from Dark Souls and does what it did in the 2010s, only better.

First Term Grade: On a scale of negative two to positive thirteen, I'd give this game a twelve!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2022, 10:30:59 PM »

I can't disagree much!  ELDEN RING is a blast.  My problem is my approach to the game - I tend to find a boss I want to beat and keep hammering at him, then go harvest souls - er, I mean, runes - until I can level up a time or two, and then hammer on him some more till I finally win. I've made about 40 runs at "Magrit the Fell Omen" and still haven't beaten him.  I need to explore more.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2022, 07:03:16 PM »

After a month of playing Elden Ring and getting my character to level 67,  I have reached a point where I need a break.

I still think this is an impressive game but it's not a perfect game, meaning it has some real flaws.

I played every Souls title to at least NG2, and one to NG5, and found no matter how hard they were they remained fun, and that pushed me to keep going to challenge a boss for the tenth time, to keep pushing on against whatever frustrations arose, and while I went into Elden Ring "prepared to die" I have found myself lacking that motivation, not because the game is hard (it's not as hard as any Souls game) but because....it's devoid of some x-factor the Souls titles had that kept them enjoyable no matter what madness they threw at you.

So, I am going to stop playing Elden Ring now for however long it takes to get me motivated to leap in again. Maybe this summer? Maybe never.

Good luck to everyone still battling it out in that perilous open world!

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2022, 04:07:06 AM »

My conspiracy theorist workmate is obsessed with Elden Rings and says he can no longer play Dark Souls because this new game does all the same stuff but better. He really wants me to play it, but somehow him encouraging me to do something only makes me want to do it even less at the moment.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2022, 03:25:23 PM »

Nevermind, I'm back in love with Elden Ring.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Game are You Playing Now II? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.