Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Quote from: ER on January 22, 2023, 11:03:23 AM
Sorry, Eastenders, but if someone is "all mouth," how is there room for him to also be "trousers"? This seeming contradiction often kept me awake at night as a child, but I pretended it was jet lag.

The saying is "All mouth and no trousers". Did you possibly mishear it?
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

ER

Quote from: Alex on January 22, 2023, 11:04:57 AM
Quote from: ER on January 22, 2023, 11:03:23 AM
Sorry, Eastenders, but if someone is "all mouth," how is there room for him to also be "trousers"? This seeming contradiction often kept me awake at night as a child, but I pretended it was jet lag.

The saying is "All mouth and no trousers". Did you possibly mishear it?
No, at least on there they'd say Lofty was "All mouth and trousers." Maybe there are two sayings. (Just lookedi t up and there are entries for both ways of saying it. It means superficial.)
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

ER

Went to the Salvation Army store last week to buy some toilet seat covers and ended up leaving with a book called Chelsea, Chelsea Bang Bang, by Chelsea Handler, about whom I knew little, and I'm right now fifty pages in and I can't decide if she's a role model, or the worst human being not born in 1890s Austria.

ER

Still reading Chelsea Handler's books, still not sure how I feel about her. One minute I'm cheering in her corner, the next I feel like closing the cover and walking away. Although I don't have it, I understand she wrote a book about her one night stands. If I wrote a book about my one night stands there'd be no inside pages. I wonder if that's something I've missed out on? To me it seems vaguely yucky, to be honest, to meet someone you don't know and roll the dice on having sex with that person? Too many what ifs there, too many unanswered questions, too many impersonal feelings. But then again I've been told there's something of a demisexual in me. Is that accurate? I don't know, like Popeye I yam what I yam, but the more I think about Chelsea Handler's sex memoir, the more I am morbidly curious to read it.

Alex

Quote from: ER on January 24, 2023, 07:40:43 PM
Still reading Chelsea Handler's books, still not sure how I feel about her. One minute I'm cheering in her corner, the next I feel like closing the cover and walking away. Although I don't have it, I understand she wrote a book about her one night stands. If I wrote a book about my one night stands there'd be no inside pages. I wonder if that's something I've missed out on? To me it seems vaguely yucky, to be honest, to meet someone you don't know and roll the dice on having sex with that person? Too many what ifs there, too many unanswered questions, too many impersonal feelings. But then again I've been told there's something of a demisexual in me. Is that accurate? I don't know, like Popeye I yam what I yam, but the more I think about Chelsea Handler's sex memoir, the more I am morbidly curious to read it.

If it helps any, most of the one-night stands I've had were with women I knew quite well and we just had sex for fun. I once had a one-week stand where we travelled the country, staying at hotels and having sex in all sorts of places.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

indianasmith

Men are simple creatures, not unlike dogs.
All they really require to be happy is to be fed, snuggled, and reassured that they are, in fact, a good boy.
Women, on the other hand, are much more complex - a riddle wrapped inside a mystery tucked into an enigma and then stuffed down the barrel of a bazooka aimed at you by a crazed terrorist shouting threats in a language that is not of this earth.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

lester1/2jr

Jen Kirkman who used to be on Chelsea Handlers tv show, was the singer in my band in high school. She dated my best friend (the bass player) and ultimately hated my guts, typing and sending 3 page long letters detailing all my apparent problems. She wasn't very funny either

ER

Leah

It's been an interesting month this month has been.
yeah no.

ER

I've long noticed watching faith healers go through their schtick gives me an ASMR effect. Bob Larson's exorcism shows can do that too. I was watching an old video from the '50s of Oral Roberts at some tent revival where he was healing stutters and limps, and I felt a tingle run down my scalp to my back, zoom. When the people went up so Roberts could cure their back pain and poor digestion, he'd read the prayer cards they filled out and he'd give their addresses, and I just had to stop YouTube and Bing the houses to see what they looked like today. I think I have the gift of being easily entertained.

Leah

I forgot how painful it is to stand in stilettos lol.
yeah no.

ER

Quote from: El Misfit on January 28, 2023, 07:51:49 PM

Switchblades hurt much less.

Leah

Quote from: ER on January 28, 2023, 08:01:13 PM

Switchblades aren't as cute though.
yeah no.

Trevor

Quote from: El Misfit on January 28, 2023, 08:04:34 PM

The worst pain is when you walk in them and one of the heels snaps  :buggedout:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Leah

Quote from: Trevor on January 29, 2023, 02:41:03 AM
Quote from: El Misfit on January 28, 2023, 08:04:34 PM

The worst pain is when you walk in them and one of the heels snaps  :buggedout:
My heels have nearly made me stumble over more yhan once.
yeah no.