Main Menu

Movies rated X/NC-17 or "No One Under 17 Admitted" thread!

Started by retrorussell, February 03, 2024, 04:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Powell

37. BLONDE (2022)

A couple of intense sex scenes, but this probably could have gotten by with an "R."
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

retrorussell

38. THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY (1981)
The 2nd "Godfather Of Gore" (after Herschell Gordon Lewis), Lucio Fulci, weaves a rather daft story of the undead body of a mad scientist residing in the basement of a New England home, killing people to restore his life.  Relatives of his (living and non-living) assist the home's youngest resident.  The ads stated "No One Under 17 Will Be Admitted (18 in the UK)" for gory violence.  The TV spots were narrated by Theodore, who was the voice of Gollum in the animated THE HOBBIT and THE RETURN OF THE KING specials.
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

retrorussell

39. INGA (1968)
Sexy Marie Liljedahl hits the soft-core screen playing a 17 year old girl intended to be the mistress of an older man to help pay off his debts.  She instead makes off with her Aunt's young lover and soon samples many other men.  Rated X upon release for sex/nudity, later re-rated R.  Sexploitation master Joe Sarno directed.  Achieved much notice in the US upon the advent of late night cable.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

RCMerchant

I seen Lars ANTI-CHRIST. What a f**ked up film!
Also pretty f**ked up was his the IDIOTS (1998), which has some explicit sex as well.
I actually ordered this from one of those vhs tape companies the advertised in Fangoria!

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Rev. Powell

Most of Von Trier's films would get an NC-17 if he submitted them to the MPAA, but he just releases them unrated, which doesn't count for purposes of this list.

This one does (if no one mentioned it yet):

40. CINDERELLA (1977)

retrorussell

41. BLOOD FREAK (1972)
The original "killer turkey" flick!  Weird but bad and poorly made; it's about a biker who becomes a test subject for turkey meat that is drugged, and it turns him into a half-turkey, half-human monster with a thirst for blood!  Rated X for violence, drugs and nudity.  Edited a few years later for an R rating.

Trevor

Quote from: Rev. Powell on February 22, 2024, 08:55:05 AM
37. BLONDE (2022)

A couple of intense sex scenes, but this probably could have gotten by with an "R."

People who know how much I liked her warned me not to see this.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

retrorussell

42. WIDE SARGASSO SEA (1993)
Prequel to the Bronte novel JANE EYRE.  A woman owning a sugar plantation in post-slavery Jamaica in the 1830s is forced to marry an English gentleman and her sanity begins to spiral downward.  NC-17 for plentiful sex/nudity and violence.

Rev. Powell

43. IN THE REALM OF THE SENSES (1976)

Controversial because of explicit sex, I can't find out how/if it was rated in its original release (probably X), but it was rereleased in the 90s with an NC-17.

retrorussell

44. WHAT DO YOU SAY TO A NAKED LADY? (1970)
Silly "hidden camera" movie-- and written/directed by and starring Allen Funt from his Candid Camera show.  Sort of a documentary/expose on America's reactions to public nudity and sexual mores.  Rated X for nudity.  Belatedly edited for an R rating.  Richard Roundtree appears!

retrorussell

45. THE BODY SHOP/DOCTOR GORE (1972)
Mad doctor loses his wife in an accident, then tries to build a facsimile of her with body parts from kidnapped women.  He even has a humpbacked assistant!  Soooo original.. :(  X for gore/nudity.

Rev. Powell

46.  Happiness (1998)

Dark, dark comedy originally rated NC-17 for its depiction of pedophilia.

retrorussell

47. THE GORE GORE GIRLS (1972)
The original Godfather Of Gore, Herschell Gordon Lewis, directs this sordid tale of a detective and a reporter investigating the murders of strippers.  X for nudity/gore.  The only film director Lewis submitted directly to the MPAA, and one of the few films of his to achieve an X rating; also, his last film for another 30 years.  Comic Henny Youngman is in it!

retrorussell

48. MYRA BRECKINRIDGE (1970)
Based on the weirdo Gore Vidal novel about a schizophrenic transgender (played by Raquel Welch).  This notorious flop features many big stars/celebs, including John Huston, Mae West, Rex Reed, Jim Backus, John Carradine, and Andy Devine (and future stars like Tom Selleck, Dan Hedaya and Farrah Fawcett).  Rated X for sex/nudity, some of which was pretty surprising for a mainstream film.  Later re-released as rated R.  Considered by some to be one of the worst films of all time.

Rev. Powell

49. Lust, Caution (2007)

Rated NC-17 due to explicit sex scenes.