Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:47:21 AM
714233 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 743192 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #555 on: February 01, 2012, 10:33:48 PM »

Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #556 on: February 01, 2012, 11:18:47 PM »

So it looks like Undertaker-Triple H III at Wrestlemania this year....sure it'll be a good match but honestly it feels a bit too much "We've seen this before to me". Jericho targets Punk - figured that and the announcers don't pick up on Jericho thinks he the best wrestler in the world? Loved the Bryan-Punk match for as long as it lasted. Was surprised Sheamus didn't appear on Raw after his initial early appearance. So how long before Kharma targets Beth Phoenix? That should be good when it happens and will they remember the stuff with the Bella Twins?

Small | Large

Warning, this is funny but pretty offensive (a lot of overuse . most of it inappropriate of the "N" word). But a certain level of truth here.

Small | Large

This version of The Nation might just be the best faction of them all.

Small | Large

Imagine if the Nation could have went up against these guys. What a faction war that would have been.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #557 on: February 01, 2012, 11:28:01 PM »

Wonder if this will be Undertaker's last go-round. He's pushing like, 47. Not entirely old but, well, not much left for him except the streak.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #558 on: February 02, 2012, 12:02:39 PM »

I hope they announce Macho Man Randy Savage for the Hall of Fame.

I know Edge is popular, and deserves in, but to be there before Savage is a disgrace.

Considering how insanely famous and popular he was.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #559 on: February 03, 2012, 10:54:43 PM »

Bruno Sammartino should have been the first entry but you know, he'll never agree to inclusion. Backlund belongs in there too. And yeah definitely Savage too. Wrestlemania's in Florida, probably some more Florida names will go in - maybe even Kevin Sullivan? Man was he ever strange back in his Florida heel days...

Small | Large

Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #560 on: February 04, 2012, 09:53:10 AM »

I just bought the new 4-Disc Stone Cold dvd. 
"Sheriff" Steve Austin returns to Raw.
Small | Large

Stone Cold Beer Truck
Small | Large

What?
Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #561 on: February 05, 2012, 09:47:28 PM »

Booker T and Goldust were entertaining.
Small | Large

Small | Large

bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #562 on: February 06, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »

Wonder if this will be Undertaker's last go-round. He's pushing like, 47. Not entirely old but, well, not much left for him except the streak.

I would love to see him vs Cena next year at WM

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #563 on: February 06, 2012, 10:11:18 PM »

I would love to see him vs Cena next year at WM
Well, same here.  I look at it like this: if Undertaker maintains his schedule of promos and such from roughly the Rumble til 'Mania, with just 'Mania being his one match all year, he could substantially go 25-0.  Say what you will about WWE...but it's video production pieces and promo pieces highlighting a Superstar is pretty damned good.  They could make this match with Cena...probably without Undertaker even being in an ARENA until Mania.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #564 on: February 06, 2012, 10:16:37 PM »

Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #565 on: February 07, 2012, 03:55:36 PM »

I miss when wrestling was full of wild, crazy characters and was totally upredictable week after week , guys like Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, The Iron Sheik, the Ultimate Warrior and of course Hulk Hogan, the 90s had it pretty good too with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, The Undertaker, Mankind to name a few, even the early 2000s wasn't too bad with Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Rob Van Dam added to some of the 90s guys...now too many of the guys seem all the same (aside from a few veterans like Jericho, Taker, HHH, Big Show and some good young talent in CM Punk and Daniel Bryan), look all the same, seem interchangeable and sadly forgettable and the nuttier guys, I kinda like R-Truth, are now played more for laughs and comedy. Now they market it as WWE product, years ago the Superstars made the product themselves and were obviously alotted more freedom to let loose their own characters.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:57:50 PM by JaseSF » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #566 on: February 07, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »

I was a young kid in the '80s, but recall seeing the old shows with Hogan, George Steele, Savage, Ted DiBiase, etc.  While I liked it, I fell in love with wrestling in the late '90s with that great run it had from '96 til around '01 or '02.  With performers like Steve Austin, The Rock, Undertaker, Mick Foley, HBK, DX, The New Age Outlaws, and seeing the rise of people like Edge, Christian, The Dudley Boyz, Matt and Jeff Hardy, the rise of the cruiserweights like Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero.
Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #567 on: February 07, 2012, 10:24:05 PM »

WWF History...from Bruno Sammartino to Jericho...this video is about ten years old but still worth it.
Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #568 on: February 08, 2012, 10:09:23 PM »

...now too many of the guys seem all the same (aside from a few veterans like Jericho, Taker, HHH, Big Show and some good young talent in CM Punk and Daniel Bryan), look all the same, seem interchangeable and sadly forgettable and the nuttier guys, I kinda like R-Truth, are now played more for laughs and comedy. Now they market it as WWE product, years ago the Superstars made the product themselves and were obviously alotted more freedom to let loose their own characters.

I agree with the highlighted statement, but I don't entirely blame the current group of wrestlers here either.  Personally I started seeing a big big shift around 2005 or so.  The last truly great group of talent came to the WWE around 2001 or 2002 or so.  And those were leftover WCW and ECW guys. 

A bunch of the wrestlers in the late '90s were the last 'bastion' of guys who not only worked independant promotions, but got a chance in WCW, ECW or WWE.  Some even got the tail end of the old 'territory' system that existed at one point.  Not only that, but a lot of those guys also got international travel.  Perfect examples would include Mick Foley.  Mick Foley came in the business around '86 or so...the very end of the territory days.  He worked a bunch of them, then got to go to Japan.  Then got WCW, then ECW, and made it in WWE.  Jericho is a perfect example: worked in Calgary, Mexico, Japan, Smokey Mountain Wrestling, Germany, ECW, WCW, and WWE.  Getting to 'learn' your craft all over the place helps you infinitely. 

Newer guys (Cena, Orton, Heath Slater, Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Santino, etc.), never really had that opportunity to work on a gimmick or character, and are used to the training grounds of the WWE farm league of OVW, HWA or FCW.  Some guys (Cena and Orton notably) have, fortunately, worked with some of the 'legends' out there like Foley, Undertaker or Eddie Guerrero who helped them improve somewhat.  But the newer guys like the Barretts or Ryders or whomever didn't get that chance.  Sadly, it shows in some cases, as the matches these guys have look the same.  They'll work the same match night after night, and even if they botch a spot in a match, they'll retry it immediately.  In a company like ECW, if a person messed up, they'd be greeted with a very loud chant of "You Fu**ed Up!".  Sadly, the only guys today who may have lasted in ECW are likely Daniel Bryan and CM Punk.

You can see it in their work:

Small | Large

Small | Large

bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #569 on: February 08, 2012, 10:34:57 PM »

...now too many of the guys seem all the same

that's why I like Zack Ryder and The Funkasaurus: they look different and I actaully like them and their gimmick
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:49:39 PM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.