Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:06:14 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 743185 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #720 on: April 12, 2012, 02:49:19 PM »

I've seen Regal three times in the past year.

Once on Raw this week holding back Cena, and twice more on Zack Ryder's YouTube show.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #721 on: April 12, 2012, 06:04:49 PM »

Well Happy, a lot of folks online do rate The Brooklyn Brawler (AKA: Steve Lombardi) as their favourite enhancement guy. The fact he's proven so memorable over the years shows he was indeed one of the most popular of the job guys.

# 6) Reno Riggins (one of my all-time faves, I always loved seeing him out there as he'd have surprisingly great matches with guys like Mr. Perfect, Randy Savage, Rick Martel and others)

Small | Large

# 5) Duane Gill (Gillberg) & Barry Hardy (so I'm cheating a little with this one but I really loved watching these guys as a team, Gill would go on to greater fame and some slight success as Gillberg - these guys also wore masks at one point and competed as  The Executioners)

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #722 on: April 12, 2012, 06:06:48 PM »

Once on Raw this week holding back Cena, and twice more on Zack Ryder's YouTube show.

I think Regal is like the GM on NXT or something. He's also their color commentator and very good in that role from what little I've seen.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #723 on: April 12, 2012, 08:57:16 PM »

Mike Quackenbush is a fairly decent wrestler/writer.
Small | Large

Frightmare.
Small | Large

I think Regal is like the GM on NXT or something. He's also their color commentator and very good in that role from what little I've seen.

Regal's actually vastly underrated on the mic, and in the ring.  He's great whenever he's a commentator or in a 'character' role, like Commissioner Regal a few years back.  I recall a time in like, '08 or so, when he seemed to be fairly popular with the audience and primed for a WWE World Title after winning King of The Ring, but got popped with steroids and suspended.  Shame.  Man deserved it.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #724 on: April 13, 2012, 03:40:30 PM »

# 4) The Conquistadors (so OK I'm cheating a little again but who didn't love watching these gold suited latin-american masked grapplers in the 80s, under the masks they were Jose Luis Rivera and Jose Estrada - they even got their moment to shine of sorts in the 1988 Survivor Series)

Small | Large

# 3) Tom "Rocky" Stone (who seemed to be in all the major feds as a regular enhancement guy over the years and often had surprisingly entertaining bouts in said role)

Small | Large

# 2) Dennis Stamp (another great enhancement guy who had surprisingly entertaining bouts making other grapplers look like a million bucks)

Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:45:21 PM by JaseSF » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #725 on: April 13, 2012, 06:57:18 PM »

This is from the old N64/PS1 game WWF Attitude.  Personally I dig the whole "Attitude" era the best.
Small | Large

The Mean Street Posse...loved these guys.
Small | Large

Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #726 on: April 15, 2012, 03:52:01 PM »

# 1) Barry Horowitz (I always looked forward to seeing Barry in action with whomever he was making look good week in and week out, Horowitz was actually always a pretty solid in-ring worker and they even gave him a push at one point following his shocking upset win of Skip, he'd briefly form a tag team with Hakushi but it wasn't too long before he was back to being the top regular enhancement guy be it in WWF, WCW or wherever. Horowitz actually had moderate success outside of WWF and WCW and even held titles in other feds in Florida and Global if I'm not mistaken.)

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Worthy of Honorable Mentions: Leaping Lanny Poffo, The Mulkey Brothers, Jim Powers, Playboy Buddy Rose, Pistol Pez "Shaska" Whatley, The Italian Stallion, Colin Delaney, Nacho Berrera, George "Scrap Iron" Gadaski, Sonny Rogers, Goldie Rogers, Brian Costello, Frankie Williams, Baron Mikel Scicluna, Johnny Rodz, Barry O, Terry Gibbs, Tiger Chung Lee, Rocky King, A.J Petrucci, Buddy Lee Parker, Charlie Fulton, George South, Jimmy Jack Funk, Joey Maggs, Outback Jack, Pat Rose, Pete Sanchez, Rene Goulet, Rusty Brooks, Houdini, Ricky Ataki, Todd Becker, Greg Robertson, Steve Olsonoski, Tony Leone, Ken Glover, S.D. Jones, Dusty Wolfe, Ken Timbs, Daryl Nickle, Dangerous Danny Davis, Mario Mancini, Scott Casey and Red Tyler.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #727 on: April 19, 2012, 06:32:54 PM »

Small | Large

Pretty cool old news item until the female journalist veers into trying to prove wrestling is fake and then shows footage of a chop and a smack that actually does make contact to prove her point?! Gotta love the Ramones music set to this and how great Hogan was way back as an heel.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #728 on: April 19, 2012, 10:37:16 PM »

seeing that clip of Horowitz  beating Skip on Superstars reminded me of how excited I was as a kid seeing him finally get a win

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #729 on: April 20, 2012, 07:06:51 PM »

How I wish this old ROH stable would reform - The Second City Saints! Why not Ace Steele too as a manager/second? Doubt it'll happen but it would be so cool if it did.

Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #730 on: April 24, 2012, 08:59:38 PM »

Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #731 on: April 24, 2012, 09:27:50 PM »

Small | Large

All the elements of what would become pro wrestling are there and perhaps even more...a lot of these guys were very legit in their day.

Small | Large

Pretty controversial stuff back in the days of kayfabe or when wrestlers claimed wrestling was as presented instead of pre-planned or an exhibition.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:35:50 PM by JaseSF » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #732 on: April 24, 2012, 09:32:29 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIcTlIE0p3I

All the elements of what would become pro wrestling are there and perhaps even more...a lot of these guys were very legit in their day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-6OdotH_4Q

Pretty controversial stuff back in the days of kayfabe or when wrestler claimed wrestling was as presented instead of pre-planned or an exhibition.

Actually watching a thing on one of the A&E channels about the history of pro wrestling, from the early days in the 1900's until the modern age with the entertainment it's become.  Interesting stuff.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #733 on: May 06, 2012, 01:05:02 PM »

Small | Large

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #734 on: June 04, 2012, 05:07:15 PM »

CM Punk was in Philly recently.

Announced that WWE has designed a new belt for the WWE title, and he hopes to be the guy to debut it, but that's WWE's call.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.