Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:23:19 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 739660 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2100 on: March 17, 2017, 09:49:32 PM »

Small | Large

Midnights vs. Horsemen.  Thumbup

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2101 on: March 20, 2017, 07:59:40 PM »

Southpaw Regional Wrestling.
Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Southpaw Regional Wrestling.  Essentially, the WWE wrestlers are bored backstage and came up with these over-the-top '80s characters from Southern style wrestling.  Essentially a spot on parody of Mid South or Smoky Mountain.  This is what the creative department should do...let the wrestlers be themselves and come up with their own stuff.  When they give them a camera and let them go, it's fantastic in these videos.

"Get your tickets at the pool hall."   BounceGiggle

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2102 on: March 20, 2017, 08:35:58 PM »

Small | Large

These faction wars in AAA are so entertaining... Pagano and Psycho Clown are taking it a bit to the extreme...

bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2103 on: March 22, 2017, 12:26:31 PM »

on paper there really isn't much I'm looking forward to at WrestleMania this year, as was the case last year

Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens should be great

Triple H vs Seth Rollins -- if Seth didn't reinjure his knee this probably would've been great, now I don't know

Neville and Austin Aries could be great if they are given enough time

Shane and AJ Styles is a true wild card and seems random

the rest I don't have any interest in or build up to the matches just killed my interest

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2104 on: March 22, 2017, 08:38:28 PM »

I have zero interest in WWE by this point. Classic wrestling (or other modern promotions - mostly Japan/Mexico) is another story...

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2105 on: March 25, 2017, 11:19:02 PM »

That southpaw wrestling stuff was just pure GOLD! 

If the WWE went back to personalities and gimics like that, I might actually be interested in wrestling again. 

I'm with you on letting wrestlers come up with their own thing.  You cannon manufacture a Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, of Ultimate Warrior.  Let them go wild and see what they can do.  Sure you might have to reign them in or give them a push here and there, but at least they'd have personality again. 
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2106 on: May 13, 2017, 10:22:11 AM »

this years marathon WrestleMania didn't feel nearly as long as last years.........but 6+ hours is still way too long

and the House of Horrors match at Payback was the worst wrestling match I've seen live in quite some time

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2107 on: June 07, 2017, 09:32:06 PM »

An upcoming PPV is called Great Balls of Fire

A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #2108 on: September 17, 2017, 07:16:11 PM »

I have zero interest in WWE by this point. Classic wrestling (or other modern promotions - mostly Japan/Mexico) is another story...

I've felt this way for several years. I don't think I've watched modern wwe for maybe 7 years.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2109 on: September 19, 2017, 08:39:24 PM »

Chris Jericho just had the best run of his career.

AJ Styles is on fire. 

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2110 on: September 20, 2017, 05:42:24 PM »

Bobby Heenan passed  Bluesad Bluesad Bluesad

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2111 on: September 29, 2017, 11:10:56 PM »

I've felt this way for several years. I don't think I've watched modern wwe for maybe 7 years.

Yeah I now wonder why I didn't stop watching  it years ago too. It bears almost no resemblance to what I grew up watching...now I no longer watch any modern era stuff at all. Just rather watch the older stuff when we had stars like Hulk Hogan, the Macho Man, Andre the Giant, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Sting, Dusty Rhodes (the NWA version), Ric Flair, Nick Bockwinkel, Curt Hennig, the Road Warriors, The Midnight Express, and on and on. Stone Cold and the Rock were a cut above too.

Sorry to hear about Bobby Heenan passing. He was the greatest heel manager of them all.  (To me, he and Bockwinkel were the perfect duo.) And one of the best color commentators ever too.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2112 on: December 26, 2017, 10:27:09 AM »

CM Punk was the last great top guy the WWE had and they dropped the ball and let him leave.  I wish he was still actively working.
Small | Large

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2113 on: December 30, 2021, 02:19:39 PM »

He has returned to the ring in AEW. I wasn't watching WWE when Punk was active so other than the Pipebomb thing I don't really know the guy's in-ring performance from back then. So far in AEW, he seems a decent wrestler, but nothing special. He seems to be just enjoying being back. Maybe he just needs to readopt his old persona if he has changed it.

Kind of hoping Danhausen joins AEW when his broken leg heals up, with his whole "Very nice, very evil" thing going on.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2114 on: December 31, 2021, 11:34:34 PM »

He has returned to the ring in AEW. I wasn't watching WWE when Punk was active so other than the Pipebomb thing I don't really know the guy's in-ring performance from back then. So far in AEW, he seems a decent wrestler, but nothing special. He seems to be just enjoying being back. Maybe he just needs to readopt his old persona if he has changed it.

Kind of hoping Danhausen joins AEW when his broken leg heals up, with his whole "Very nice, very evil" thing going on.
If you've the capabilities, look up his ROH stuff or his IWA stuff from like 2001-2006 or 7.  His in ring work was peak then.

His WWE stuff from 06 to 14 was solid, but they didn't utilize him properly.

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.