Main Menu

METAL!!!!

Started by RCMerchant, August 29, 2007, 08:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

That Heathen video brought back memories.
I used to blast this album in my car when I was a teenager.

And speaking of Testament, I used to crank up this album every day.
Practice What You Preach totally kicks ass!

Another great metal band I used to listen to quite a bit was Forbidden.
(this album is darn near impossible to find)

As far as I know, they've broken up but they do have a Myspace page.
I'm not sure if the band runs it or it's a fan tribute page.

Anyway, this is my all-time favorite Forbidden song.
(I love the singer's voice)

Step By Step
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpyZHXzChfU

Torgo

I thought that Forbidden had regrouped a little while back but I could be wrong. Great and underrated band nonetheless.   :thumbup:
"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."

voltron

I used to listen to all those bgands back in the day. The Forbidden album that got me into them wasForbidden Evil. CHALICE OF BLOOOOOOOOD!!! :thumbup:
"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"

VogNhymn

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vchm-RrXtU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vchm-RrXtU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Might be interviewing this band in a couple weeks.

zombie no.one

I bought a couple of 'metal'-ish albums today,   picked up a 2CD anthology of Samson (Bruce Dickinson's first band) and Johnny The Fox by Thin Lizzy. havent listened to them yet. the only samson album Ive heard is Shock Tactics, which is very good IMO, and most of the Thin Lizy stuff Ive heard - ie the famous tunes - are good.

Quote from: Ash on September 21, 2007, 05:42:52 AM

And speaking of Testament, I used to crank up this album every day.
Practice What You Preach totally kicks ass!

yeah I like that album. I had that on cassette for a while havent heard it in ages.

please do not mock my potato.

Shaggs[Pl]

I used to listen to metal for a long time. Trash, some Death and a lot of Black. Right now sometimes I listen to some Necrophagia's records or trash legends as Slayer, Kreator or Sodom. I don't listen to Black Metal anymore, but only band that I recall as the best is beloved Polish Evilfeast. It's the only band (well, it's one man project) which knows what is BM to be about. Simple rhythm and a lot of melody makes you into some hypnosis. Listening to it's "Mysteries Of Nocturnal Forest" is great experience.

Right now I'm mainly into hardcore music but well made trashcore or crossover isn't bad. I recommend: SSS, Suicidal Tendencies, Municipal Waste (my top 3)   

IzzyDedjet

I recently went digging through my stuff and came up with these little gems on cassette:

I just wish I had something to listen to them on

voltron

RCMerchant - you might dig a band called EyeHateGod if you like Sabbath and Kyuss. EHG are a lot more extreme though, but man do they ROCK!
"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"

voltron

Here's EHG's video for "Jackass In The Will Of God":
[youtube=425,350][http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCPv8ZLTNtQ/youtube]

Torgo

I'm stoked that I'm finally getting to see Megadeth live this Saturday October 6th.

Never have gotten a chance to see any prior lineups live but this current lineup that Dave Mustaine has is getting rave reviews. 
"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."

IzzyDedjet

Last time I saw Megadeth, they were in Washington, D.C. and Mustaine got plugged in the head with a beer can that someone snuck into the show.
Granted, it was after their set so it didn't really matter, but still...

As an aside, I've seen them I guess about 3 or 4 times and have never been disappointed.