Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:12:45 AM
714431 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Hero with a cane and small monsters/demons « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hero with a cane and small monsters/demons  (Read 20528 times)
Draug
Bad Movie Lover

Maybe we're at war with Norway?

« on: March 03, 2008, 07:43:02 PM »

When I was young I saw this movie about a man that tried to fight off small monsters/demons. Later in the movie he managed to get a hold on a cane that could kill the creatures easily. He just smashed their heads in with no problem.
He also meet the woman that follows him everywhere.

That's all I can remember. The cover of the video had the typical 80's well detailed painting of the guy swinging his cane at the creatures. I think it's night, and the woman is standing behind him.
The cover might be different in other parts of the world, this one was the north european cover.

Anyone knows what movie I'm talking about?

Movie 2:

I just remembered a movie a friend of mine told me about. The only thing he could remember of it, was a huge monster-looking thing that had grown stuck in the floor in a basement. It was HUGE, and something or someone were fooling people to open the door to the basement, where they got this push and fell right into the monster's maw.

Does it sound familiar with something?

I was wonderin' when El Capitan was gonna get a chance to use his popgun.
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 10:59:39 PM »

The second one might be The Kindred from 1987 costarring Rod Steiger and Amanda Pays.

The first one sounds familiar, did the cane have a silver tip or handle?

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Draug
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 11:08:25 PM »

Yes, I think the cane had that. If I'm not all lost, I can swear that when he hit some of the thingies something started to glow. Something alá the black vampire on roller scates in Fright Night part 2 when he got packed in the blessed carpet(?), it all started to glow and his face melted.
I'm not sure if the cane actually started to glow, it might be the light reflecting in it. But it was shiny in some parts.

And the movie about the cellar is not The Kindred. Have seen it many times, and the watermelon scene in the car still freaks me out. My friend said it was only one monster, and it was sorta stuck in the basement floor. And it wasn't candy for the eyes to look at it.

nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 02:24:51 AM »

It's probably too obvious to be movie 2 but ...

Little Shop of Horrors?
Draug
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 10:09:46 PM »

It isn't Little Shop Of Horrors either. I asked him many questions, but he could only remember that scene.
The movie is from the 70's or 80's, and he think there were some tentacles too.

Asked him if it could be From Beyond, Little Shop Of Horrors, The Cellar, Incubus, The Beast Within, Amityville 3, The Gate, The Evil, Nightbreed, or a part from the movie Necronomicon.
But he said "no" to every example I gave him. This is a real nutcracker. I wonder how many "lost" horror movies there are out there, that just waits to be found again.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 11:13:17 AM »

Another possibility for #2: Return of the Aliens: The Deadly Spawn

From the Dread Central review: "Focus falls on a small farm house in which the 'main spawn' (that's the big poppa) finds residency in the damp basement and proceeds to make a meal out of anyone who happens to head down there (and the basement becomes a pretty popular place)."  See http://www.dreadcentral.com/node/10159.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 11:34:37 AM »

My guess for #2 would have to go with the good Reverend on Return of the Aliens: the Deadly Spawn (released in recent years as simply The Deadly Spawn), or it could be a similarly themed movie called The Abomination, about a mutant tumor thing from outer space that grows as it's human host brings it more and more victims.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 11:49:53 AM »

I don't believe that #2 is "The Deadly Spawn."  It matches somewhat, but the creature does not get stuck in the basement, nor is anyone fooling people into opening the door to get eaten.  We do see a huge version of the monster at the end, which is the size of a hill.

"The Abomination" sounds like an excellent possibility from Anubis' description.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 03:35:16 PM »

The Abomination is a loose match.  It isn't stuck in the basement, it's growing out of every nook and cranny in the guy's house (cabinets, doors, washing machine, etc.).  The guy keeps killing women, chopping them up, and feeding the pieces to the Abomination.  At least one live, whole woman does get swallowed at the end.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Draug
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 02:31:03 AM »

I'll ask him if it was The Abomination. I have it on VHS somewhere, so I'll show it to him when I find it. Maybe that will trigger something in his memory.

Now the challenge is to find the name of the movie with the cane. I'll continue to google until I find the clues I want. But the internet is a big place. Almost too big.

Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 06:42:31 AM »

My guess for #2 would have to go with the good Reverend on Return of the Aliens: the Deadly Spawn (released in recent years as simply The Deadly Spawn), or it could be a similarly themed movie called The Abomination, about a mutant tumor thing from outer space that grows as it's human host brings it more and more victims.

I have a copy of Abomination on VHS, its so bad i love it. Just the tv-evangelist alone is enough to make me burst into tears of laugher. Who ever just 'coughs' up a tumor? Its hilarious because its just like its no big deal to the guy's mother. If i coughed up something like that, if i didn't die from fright, i'm surely my first instinct would be to seek medical help or atleast make sure i put all the caps back on the sharpies...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Draug
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 10:05:25 AM »

I asked him if it were The Abomination, but he said no. I guess this is one of those movies that don't want to be found. But who knows? Maybe it will float up to the surface one day?

I saw The Abomination again, and it was so cheesy. And what's up with the TV-Evangelist? He treated his jacket as if it were made of gold. This is a movie that is so bad that you just can't stop loving it.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 03:23:22 PM »

I asked him if it were The Abomination, but he said no. I guess this is one of those movies that don't want to be found. But who knows? Maybe it will float up to the surface one day?

I saw The Abomination again, and it was so cheesy. And what's up with the TV-Evangelist? He treated his jacket as if it were made of gold. This is a movie that is so bad that you just can't stop loving it.

For me, it was so bad I couldn't bring myself to love it to begin with.  Then again, it still isn't nearly as bad as The Prey.  At least The Abomination didn't overload most of its movie with filler.
Draug
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 02:10:07 AM »

For me, it was so bad I couldn't bring myself to love it to begin with.  Then again, it still isn't nearly as bad as The Prey.  At least The Abomination didn't overload most of its movie with filler.

The Prey? You mean the movie where the first 20 minutes goes like this:

*Eating*
*Yum*
*Looks at each other*
*Owl*
*Chewing*
*Licks the fork*
*Moth*
*Snake*
*Mmmmm...*
*Eating some more*
*Smokes pipe*
*Hearth beating*
*Mouse*
*Doing the dishes*
*Chopping wood*

etc...

Then some screaming, strangling, molesting, and in the end a beautiful view of some mountains?

TeddyR

Menard
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 05:45:14 PM »

For #2, have you eliminated Alien Contamination (a.k.a. Contamination) as a possibility? Not an exact match.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Hero with a cane and small monsters/demons « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.