Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:41:08 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM BAD MOVIES. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
Author Topic: THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM BAD MOVIES.  (Read 138181 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2019, 09:42:44 PM »

Telling the public not to panic always incites a mass panic.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2019, 12:16:45 AM »

If a barrage of missiles or a giant laser can't kill a giant rubber monster, then a tiny pistol definitely can't.

Seriously, I've seen too many monster movies/shows where they'll have tanks, jets, anti-aircraft guns, laser cannons, etc. firing numerous large projectiles at the monsters only to simply bounce off. Then cut to the next scene where there are people on ground level shooting it with a god damned pistol from like at least 2000 miles away instead of just running and/or hiding like a normal person. And of course, the projectile explodes for some reason (explosive-tipped maybe?) on the monster, but still has no effect. Sometimes it's a laser pistol, but same effect really.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Pacman000
« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2019, 06:20:47 PM »

If a barrage of missiles or a giant laser can't kill a giant rubber monster, then a tiny pistol definitely can't.

Seriously, I've seen too many monster movies/shows where they'll have tanks, jets, anti-aircraft guns, laser cannons, etc. firing numerous large projectiles at the monsters only to simply bounce off. Then cut to the next scene where there are people on ground level shooting it with a god damned pistol from like at least 2000 miles away instead of just running and/or hiding like a normal person. And of course, the projectile explodes for some reason (explosive-tipped maybe?) on the monster, but still has no effect. Sometimes it's a laser pistol, but same effect really.

Weirdly, I could see someone doing that in real life. BounceGiggle
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2019, 06:54:43 PM »

Various SF films have taught me that small,  agile fighters cannot be shot down by mounted rapid firing computer guided guns mounted on large vessels.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2019, 07:16:46 PM »

The devil doll (1936)taught me all matter is made of electrons, and electrons are made of electrical charges. The right type of conductor can draw charges out of electrons,  causing them to shrink along with the matter they make up.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2019, 09:50:39 PM »

Sharks are apparently from the planet gallifrey, as their stomachs are larger on the inside than the outside...

LilCerberus

« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2019, 11:28:00 PM »

A wooden railing will suddenly lose it's structural integrity the moment the person leaning on it is struck by a bullet, no matter which direction that bullet comes from or where the person has been hit.....

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2019, 12:58:01 AM »

A wooden railing will suddenly lose it's structural integrity the moment the person leaning on it is struck by a bullet, no matter which direction that bullet comes from or where the person has been hit.....

Good call.

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2019, 01:38:09 AM »

From Kong: Skull Island, if you are suddenly confronted with a giant ape, don't go flying your helicopters within arm's length of it.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2019, 09:22:35 AM »

From Kong: Skull Island, if you are suddenly confronted with a giant ape, don't go flying your helicopters within arm's length of it.

Similarly, watching the x from outer space taught me that some kamikaze pilots survived ww2 and taught japanese jet fighter pilots how to fly.

LilCerberus

« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2020, 06:58:51 PM »

From Lady Terminator, and Mad Dog Time

For some people, handling a firearm & chewing gum, at least with your mouth closed, requires a wee bit too much concentration...

VenomX73

« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2020, 08:17:22 PM »

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

when Godzilla is 'burning'... you DO NOT want to be anywhere near the area!

seriously!

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2020, 02:37:30 AM »

I learned that you will get yourself trapped in a phone booth and die when a bulldozer is coming at you from 100 feet away. 
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2020, 06:29:30 AM »

After watching the MSTK episode RADAR SECRET SERVICE, I learned that you can use a radar for pretty much everything. Radar is your friend and the savior of mankind.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2020, 04:28:51 AM »

From White Fire that getting another woman plastic surgery to look like your dead sister and falling in love with her is not creepy.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM BAD MOVIES. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.