Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:37:32 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Worst VHS Cover Artwork! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45
Author Topic: The Worst VHS Cover Artwork!  (Read 368417 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2010, 07:18:47 PM »

Speaking of bad covers:

Oh sure, it isn't a movie, but I have never seen such lazy cover work in my life!  This thing tells nothing about what is going on or what it has to do with guitars or with being a hero.  I mean look at the previous game's cover:

Well, that would be a guitar carry case and there's some leads an a foot pedal on the ground. So it does have something to do with guitars. Now, if only the game had something to do with guitars....  Lookingup

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle good one Circus Thumbup

Good point, but think about it.  What captures your attention more when looking at video game cover.  A guitar case or someone actually playing a guitar?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2010, 07:20:46 PM »

or someone actually playing a guitar?

I wish they all would.  Wink

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #197 on: January 09, 2010, 08:06:07 PM »

Agreed on the Guitar Hero cover.  How bland!
This one has NOTHING to do with the title.. or anything.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »

yeah no.
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2010, 07:05:47 AM »

I hate that cover!  HATE IT!

THIS is the only kind of cover this movie should have....

Period.

- TGWD

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
retrorussell

« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2010, 03:19:27 PM »

Look out!  There's a giant head behind you!

What a stupid cover.. it's like, "Hey buddy!  Long time no see!  Let me buy you a drink!"

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
hellbilly
« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2010, 01:06:51 AM »

What a stupid cover.. it's like, "Hey buddy!  Long time no see!  Let me buy you a drink!"

Never seen myself but from what I've heard the movie is pretty bad. So maybe the cover art is most fitting after all ;)
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2010, 04:45:26 AM »

You make that sound like all titles previously mentioned in this thread with bad cover art weren't already terrible to begin with. XD
hellbilly
« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2010, 07:14:21 AM »

You make that sound like all titles previously mentioned in this thread with bad cover art weren't already terrible to begin with. XD

BounceGiggle true, but then again I added a "wink"  Smile
retrorussell

« Reply #204 on: January 17, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »

Really, 7 Golden Vampires wasn't too bad.  It should've been better though IMO.

This one looks like she's thinking, "Hey, pervert!  Let go of my clothes!  And what's with that giant Peter Cushing head staring at me??  GROSS!!!"

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »

The disembodied Peter Cushing head reminded me of a classic poster that is pretty bad on closer examination.

Don't get me wrong. I like this style of poster, and I happen to have this one mounted next to my TV. That's given me lots of opportunity to study it.

It's got some good things going for it. Heroes striking action poses, giant Vader looming over them, Death Star battle in the background, but that's where it gets kind of shoddy. It's like the artist tried to cram in too many things and didn't worry about tying it all together. With all its little images, it actually has a lot in common with the badly photoshopped DVD covers of today. There's actually two X-wing battle scenes going on there, plus a little chunk of Tattooine that makes no sense at all. Yes, it's Luke's farm, but it serves no purpose here. They aren't even standing on ground. The artist has pretty much sized the characters according to importance, so we have the droids and Chewbacca hiding behind Luke's leg. The two great British actors needed to be recognized, so they get a couple of floating heads that are not to the same scale as anything else. Cushing is rendered in a monochromatic style. I suppose that's because he's bad. And while the other heroes are standing, Han is running, and he looks like he's going to circle around and plow right into Luke.

When I was a kid, I used to have the Hildebrandt version of the poster on my bedroom wall. And I always thought that one was cheesy. Darth Vader has one eye much bigger and flatter than the other, and it was apparently drawn before the roles were cast, so Luke looks like George Kennedy. But apart from that, it's actually much better. Luke and Leia are standing on Tattoine, with the farm behind them. The droids are standing with them, to the same scale but farther back. A clearly defined Death Star battle is going on in the sky above them, and then we have Vader (the only piece not integrated into the scene) looming over everything in a threatening manner. The composition is much better all around, and the style also has more of an old-fashioned pulp sci-fi feel to it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:52:44 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
retrorussell

« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2010, 01:55:55 AM »

Yeah.. depth perception/size is all out of whack in the first picture.

Um.. why does he have a disembodied girl's head on his left shoulder?  And is the blond girl in the pool with the girl being strangled by the invisible strangler?  If so, damn she's big!

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #207 on: January 18, 2010, 09:33:23 AM »

Not a vhs cover but a movie poster for some old Japanese flick which for some reason the trailer has become popular on the websites lately. Pretty lame if you ask me.
Small | Large

I watched the trailer and to be honest I don't see what all the fuss is about it. I've seen far crazier Japanese movie trailers than this.

Also

Smells like popcorn and shame
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #208 on: January 18, 2010, 10:26:16 AM »

Ok, that made me laugh out loud when I saw it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #209 on: January 18, 2010, 01:37:11 PM »

^ Me too  BounceGiggle

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Worst VHS Cover Artwork! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.