Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:37:14 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 631329 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1830 on: July 08, 2021, 04:02:54 AM »

According to a recent study, since 9/11, four times as many members of the military have died from suicide as were killed during actual operations.

Bluesad That's incredibly sad.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1831 on: July 08, 2021, 07:45:39 AM »

Netflix was originally a DVD by mail service (anyone else remember that?) and the first EVER DVD they sent out was Beetlejuice. 

Why wouldn't I remember it? I still get DVDs in the mail from Netflix.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1832 on: July 08, 2021, 11:48:30 AM »

It's been raining so much around here ants are coming into my house.
We're getting a LOT of rain.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1833 on: July 08, 2021, 09:02:52 PM »

Netflix was originally a DVD by mail service (anyone else remember that?) and the first EVER DVD they sent out was Beetlejuice. 

Why wouldn't I remember it? I still get DVDs in the mail from Netflix.
Honestly, I didn't know they still did that.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #1834 on: August 26, 2021, 10:48:12 AM »

Mc (or Mac) in a last name means "son of".  So McDonald was "Son of Donald."  

However they were also suffixes for "Daughter of".  Daughter of Doandl would be NcDonald.  

There was even a "grandson of".  This was Vc and it was used in addition to the Mc Last name.  So Joe, son of Donald and grandson of Mike would be Joe McDonald VcMike.

claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #1835 on: September 06, 2021, 10:09:44 AM »

If I would order one 14.5 oz bag of imported Tostitos Scoops! Tortilla Chips from amazon.de it would cost me €15.79, which is $18.73.

Is it October yet?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1836 on: September 06, 2021, 10:19:11 AM »

^ Holy Moly!  Buggedout

I got it! Order nachos at a fast food joint- and tell them to hold everything- so you just get chips!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 10:22:46 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #1837 on: September 06, 2021, 10:46:46 AM »

We have nacho chips here in Germany, but no tostitos chips. I used to buy tostitos at the commissary at U.S. Army Installations here when I used to have access to go on base. I was craving tostitos chips the other day because I haven't had any in over ten years  Bluesad but I won't pay that much for a bag of chips. No sir.

Is it October yet?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1838 on: September 06, 2021, 10:56:49 AM »

Well, dam! Send me your address, and I'll send you a bag of chips! Unless, of course, postage is gonna cost me over $18!  Buggedout

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1839 on: September 06, 2021, 08:47:05 PM »

I remember my parents getting a lot of DVDs that way during my first college go around

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #1840 on: September 06, 2021, 09:43:59 PM »

Well, dam! Send me your address, and I'll send you a bag of chips! Unless, of course, postage is gonna cost me over $18!  Buggedout

Thanks but there are other places online that sell them cheaper. I might try one of those.

Is it October yet?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1841 on: September 08, 2021, 05:24:16 PM »

The American book that has been translated into more languages than any other from the US is 'The Way to Happiness' by L.Ron Hubbard.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chainsaw midget

« Reply #1842 on: September 14, 2021, 06:30:56 PM »

In 2004, a publishing company called PublishAmerica was trying to dispel rumors that they were a vanity press.  People pointed out that they would publish anything and they denied it. 

Then they decided to insult fantasy and si-fi writers, claiming the “quality bar” for both genres was “a lot lower than for all other fiction,” and that sci-fi and fantasy writers were “literary parasites and plagiarists.”

So a group of writers got together and decided to design the WORST book EVER!!! to see whether the company would publish it.

The book was called Atlanta Nights. 

It was full of grammar errors, had missing chapters, included one chapter twice, and had two separate chapter 12s.  Characters in the story would die and come back to life with no explanation.  One chapter was entirely computer generated and contained lines like "I know I was hungry, and impelling him lying naked. She slowly made for a man could join you I know what I ought to take you probably should have. He wants it worriedly. About think what to wear?”

The company accepted it and was ready to publish it right up until the authors revealed what they were doing, then suddenly the company explained that it didn't meet their standards after all. 
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #1843 on: September 29, 2021, 02:54:52 AM »

I was reading about "old" Hollywood recently. Back in the day almost every studio had a 4-7 year contract for actors, but that system phased out during the 1980s.
For example you had to sign a contract if you were an actor Interested in a part of a Universal production. This came with benefits,

rent free housing in Universal City.
extra income $350 weekly for 4-7 years (depending on contract) whether the actor was working or not. That would translate to $1,580 per week in 2021.
Guaranteed to appear in at least two Universal movies per year.
First dips on parts in Universal movies, TV movies or TV series if the head of talent at Universal liked the actor.
Salary for appearing in Universal movies or TV.
Actors were allowed to be in other movies outside of Universal during their contract, if the director or casting agent from another studio insisted.
It was possible but not easy to get out of the contract.

Not a really bad deal I reckon. The biggest problem was if the head of talent didn't like the actor for whatever reason. She (forgot her name but she could be a real biatch from what I read) would go out of her way so the actor wouldn't get work even though under contract.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 10:24:29 AM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1844 on: October 15, 2021, 12:48:06 PM »

Dr. Ernst Trier Morch saved thousands of Jews in Denmark by performing surgeries to transplant fake foreskins onto men so they could pass for gentile. He also invented a mixture of rabbit's blood and cocaine that would render bloodhounds unable to track fleeing Jews.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.