Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:19 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Friday By Rebecca Black « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Author Topic: Friday By Rebecca Black  (Read 94422 times)
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2011, 08:04:53 AM »

I also think it's important to note that, as the criticisms of Black have gotten meaner and nastier, it's become somewhat natural to want to defend her. When I first discovered the song, obviously I made fun of it. Because obviously it's terrible. But I make fun of b-movies, too. I don't think they're terrible, and I don't get mean and nasty about it. I don't think of ill of Black, never did, and I have no reason to cal, l her names or issue her death threats or anything like that. Making it personal like that, like a lot of people have done, makes a guy like me, who is more from the school of "poking fun" than the school of "mean & nasty", makes me wanna say "hey, now... slow your role, chico!" and stand up for the poor gal. Yes, what's she's made is clearly lacking in serious artistic merit or even basic compositional competence. But that doesn't make her the antichrist or some villain. Besides, it's hardly any more vapid, disposable, repetitive, or uninspired than anything released by Madonna in the last two decades, or by Britney Spears throughout her entire career. In a twisted way, Friday's Disney-esque rejection of the more "mature" elements of modern-day bubblegum pop is a somewhat welcome, nostalgic return to the more clean, sanitized, cute n' cuddly bubblegum pop of yesteryear, when it really WAS bubblegum, pink and sugary and cheap and utterly, utterly disposable. And it somehow feels less processed than the overly clean-cut artists that the aforementioned Disney has actually churned out in the last few years.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2011, 08:06:06 AM »

I can't believe I just wrote that many words about Rebecca Black.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2011, 08:18:28 AM »

I can't believe I just wrote that many words about Rebecca Black.

Neither can I. Bet you feel real dirty now, hit the showers boy!  BounceGiggle

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2011, 05:35:53 PM »

The people that want to kill her are probably the same people who thing popular music is killing music and that the only good bands are from the 70s. (Note-For the record I like a lot of bands from the 70s, but people who ONLY listen to bands from the 70s kinda annoy me).

And if she was dead I couldn't laugh at her.

Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2011, 08:40:19 AM »

I'm still waiting for everybody to just knock it off and admit that you can't get enough of Rebecca Black. WilliamWierd1313 is coming to terms with it. 7 pages worth of discussion cannot be explained away. You love her. Admit it. You will feel better.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »

I have a confession to make, Last night, I... ::sob:: ...I downloaded an MP3 of "Friday." ""sob:: I just HAD TO OWN IT!

::weeps::

Hey, ::sniffle:: you know what? You're right. I feel better. This is great! This is, even, dare I say, FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2011, 10:54:06 AM »

I have a confession to make, Last night, I... ::sob:: ...I downloaded an MP3 of "Friday." ""sob:: I just HAD TO OWN IT!

::weeps::

Hey, ::sniffle:: you know what? You're right. I feel better. This is great! This is, even, dare I say, FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!

Small | Large

You relapsed oh wierd one........and I'm saddened.... Bluesad

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2011, 12:04:08 PM »

I'm still waiting for everybody to just knock it off and admit that you can't get enough of Rebecca Black. WilliamWierd1313 is coming to terms with it. 7 pages worth of discussion cannot be explained away. You love her. Admit it. You will feel better.

I think we have the same sort of affection for Rebecca as we do for any entertainer who gives us an unintended laugh. The song and the video are bad, but in the same entertaining way as many of the movies we so enjoy. And being that she's largely a joke, I find her much less offensive than say, Justin Bieber, who is no better in my opinion, but gets taken seriously.

And I agree that there's nothing wrong with pop music that just tries to be fun. I'd rather have some meaningless, bouncy tune about getting down on Friday than an overwrought piece of crap that tries to be deep and important, or sexualizes teenage girls enough to be almost creepy. Sure, Friday isn't a meaningful work of art, but it doesn't pretend to be.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »

or sexualizes teenage girls enough to be almost creepy.

You should definitely stay away from some of the OTHER music video Ark has been responsible for. ::shudder::

Shady s**t.

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2011, 10:28:14 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/11/rebecca.black.song/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Oh look she has a new song coming out.

I personally can't wait to make fu... oh I mean hear it. TeddyR

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2011, 08:24:42 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/11/rebecca.black.song/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Oh look she has a new song coming out.

I personally can't wait to make fu... oh I mean hear it. TeddyR

And the Rebecca Black thread just keeps on a spinnin'. Oh you guys crack me up.

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2011, 06:30:39 PM »

Might as well post this:
Small | Large

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2011, 03:56:48 PM »

ITS HERE!
Small | Large

I have to say I like Friday much better.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:59:07 PM by Criswell » Logged

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »

Her voice sounds better on the second song but only up to par with whatever trash Disney is pumping out now.

I asked one of our high school volunteers about the reaction to RB in her school and she rolled her eyes.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:31:16 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2011, 12:08:55 PM »

Her voice sounds better on the second song but only up to par with whatever trash Disney is pumping out now.

I asked one of our high school volunteers about the reaction to RB in her school and she rolled her eyes.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and bet that she has more fans among the creepy older guy demographic than she does amongst the 15 and under. Just a hunch.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Friday By Rebecca Black « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.