Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:42:26 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TROMA films « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: TROMA films  (Read 10713 times)
Mike From BBandBCs
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 12:11:21 PM »

Troma is hit or miss. But I seem to even like the bad ones.

http://badassesboobsandbodycounts.com/ - Badasses, Boobs and Body Counts
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 11:43:30 AM »

I love Troma!  The theater near me used to do a Troma night every Thursday, so between that and my dvd collection, I've seen a ton.  I recently saw Class of Nuke 'em High (always one of my favs) in Austin with Lloyd Kaufman in attendance.  It was a lot of fun and he was a lot cooler than I was expecting.  Off the top of my head, I've seen:

All the biggies (Toxic Avenger Series, Nuke'em series, Tromeo & Juliet, Terror Firmer, Poultrygeist, Kabukiman)
Cannibal The Musical
Screamplay
Monster in the Closet
Troma's War
Luther The Geek
Beware Children at Play
Parts of the Family
Teenage Catgirls In Heat
Trailer Town
Surf Nazis Must Die
Mother's Day
Rabid Grannies
Redneck Zombies

Some aren't all that great, but I pretty much always have fun with them...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 01:30:08 AM »

Luther The Geek

Had no idea that Luther The Geek was a Troma film! Quite enjoyed that one - pretty freaky litttle movie from what I remember.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 06:06:18 AM »

I've only seen one. Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead is an unwatchable offensive film with no redeeming qualities at all. It's only one of the handful of movies I started seeing that I didn't finish. There is nothing anjoyable about this.

Funny, I agree with you that Poultrygeist is "an unwatchable offensive film with no redeemi ng qualities at all." But that's exactly why I DO enjoy it. Loved it, in fact.

My personal favorite Troma movies, though, have got to be the ones in the Nuke 'Em High trilogy. Overall, though, I would say that I'm something of a Troma fanboy. I'd follow that company into hell (and, considering some of the things they've distributed, I think I'm allowed to say that I have).

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
slimrockwell
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 10:54:57 AM »

man, i've never seen Poultrygeist but now that i know its an unwatchable offensive film i think i want to see it. lol. love the old troma films.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 12:34:38 AM »

Luther The Geek

Had no idea that Luther The Geek was a Troma film! Quite enjoyed that one - pretty freaky litttle movie from what I remember.

Yep Luther was definitely a freaky but goody!  It's one of the ones that is not Troma made, but just Troma distributed...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Archivist

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 06:56:58 AM »

The only Troma movie I liked, and I did think that Kabukiman was kind of cool but not quite there, was a little-known fantasy-romance movie called Dreams Come True (1984).  It was about a young man and woman who met while astral traveling in their sleep - in the beginning, they don't know that they are astrally traveling, so they either chalk their nocturnal encounters up to dreams, or think they happened in physical reality.

There are some nice softcore moments, and the movie rattles along almost in a B-grade romance fashion.  Seemingly out of character for Troma, but according to IMDB, Troma produced it.  I haven't seen it since the mid 80's, and I wouldn't mind watching it again.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083853/

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 12:15:18 PM »

Troma is extremely hit or miss. The majority of "their" movies weren't developed and created in-house, but were pre-existing films marketed by Troma. But as for the actual Troma films like Toxic Avenger, Terror Firmer, Tromeo & Juliet, etc., I enjoy the majority of those.
melvinthemopboy3
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 11:33:48 AM »

I don't know how many of you guys are interested in Tumblr, but Troma has set up a new Tumblr account that's been posting some pretty sweet images lately. They've been putting up old ad slicks, promotional photos, foreign VHS tape scans and other stuff like that. Really interesting if you're into B-Movie history.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 01:27:56 PM »

As a (mostly) proud resident of New Jersey, I'm kinda sorta required by law to be a TROMA fan.  TeddyR

I watched'em shoot some scenes for "Class of Nuke'Em High" at a Catholic high school parking lot in my home town of Paramus, NJ. It was the scene where the mutant bikers smash up the school bake sale. For all I know I might be in the crowd in the backgroundd somewhere in that scene, I've just never been able to find myself when I watch the film.

One of my English teachers at Paramus High School, Joe Zarro, has a bit part in "Toxic Avenger" as the fat guy in the dry cleaner's shop. I believe he gets "pressed" to death (it's been ages since I've seen the movie). He was a wanna-be actor who was involved with local theatre and so forth, when "Toxic" came out everyone at school wanted him to show the film in his class but he seemed embarrassed by the whole thing. I guess he hoped his film debut would be something a bit more highbrow.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »

I love pretty much everything Troma related. I specifically adore the films that Lloyd Kaufman has directed, although Cannibal the Musical is easily their best film. Poultrygeist was incredible but Tromeo and Juliet has been one of my favorite 'first troma' films to show people.

Tomorrow evening Lloyd Kaufman is coming to my apartment to record an interview for my podcast and I couldn't be more excited!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »

Maybe it's just me, and I don't know how much Troma pays for them, but I noticed a steep decline in quality of the non-Troma produced, but Troma released releases.  Movies like Pot Zombies and Klown Kamp Massacre are terrible films.  Both feature Lloyd in small roles and while he's good in his particular role in both, the movies in general just are painfully boring.

I mean, these movies were available for free through their Comcast On Demand Free Movies network.  But damn, it wouldn't necessarily make me pay for such movies on dvd.

Sad thing is, both Lloyd and Michael Herz are getting up there in years.  They can't make too many more features.  Makes me wonder what's gonna happen to the studio if they're known mostly for newer movies like Pot Zombies as opposed to their eariler works, which are much more fun.

I know they got some PG-13 remakes coming out.  On one hand I think that's good, as it helps broaden the appeal.  But how many of today's youth, who don't have Monster Movie Matinee type shows, or programs like USA Up All Night or MonsterVision, would really be bothered to watch a low-budget '80s R-Rated/Unrated movie after watching a $20 Million PG-13 remake by Bruckheimer? Question

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 02:35:28 AM »

My website's booth was next to Troma's at Comic Con this year. I got to talk to Lloyd about the remakes and he basically told me that it's not to bring people to the old products as much as it's money to help finance their own movies. The money from the Toxic Avenger and Mother's Day remakes are going to go into making a Toxic Avenger 5 movie. He's even talking about incorporating characters from the Toxic Crusaders cartoon into Toxie 5 just because they'll have money to make those characters a reality. I'm kind of excited for that, specifically if they go with Nose-Zone
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 10:55:01 PM »

My website's booth was next to Troma's at Comic Con this year. I got to talk to Lloyd about the remakes and he basically told me that it's not to bring people to the old products as much as it's money to help finance their own movies. The money from the Toxic Avenger and Mother's Day remakes are going to go into making a Toxic Avenger 5 movie. He's even talking about incorporating characters from the Toxic Crusaders cartoon into Toxie 5 just because they'll have money to make those characters a reality. I'm kind of excited for that, specifically if they go with Nose-Zone
Sweet.  I had read about a Toxie 5...then nothing happened.  That clears that up. TeddyR

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 12:07:48 AM »

Interview was a success. I'm not shirtless... just wearing an unfortunately colored shirt

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TROMA films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.