Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:09:15 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bands/Artists That You Never Really Could Get Into « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: Bands/Artists That You Never Really Could Get Into  (Read 43283 times)
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 29, 2011, 08:43:22 AM »

You hear someone, possibly one of your friends (if any  TongueOut TeddyR) constantly praise a certain band/artist. They go on and on about how great they are and that you should check them out. When you finally give in and listen to the songs, you can't help but feel unimpressed no matter how many times you attempt to enjoy the material. Maybe you like one or two songs, but the rest bore you to tears?

We've all gone through it and we all have some bands/artists that we could never get into.

Here are mine:

Van Halen
Skepticism
Darkthrone
Vlad Tepes
Satanicum Tenebrae
Behemoth
Post Chris Barnes-era Cannibal Corpse
Deicide
Possessed

Yours?
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 08:51:51 AM »

Jeez, I don't even know where to begin. TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 09:45:31 AM »

Couldn't get into Behemoth as well TongueOut
Most of the 2000+ bands from Century Media, they all just scream. TongueOut

yeah no.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 02:17:27 PM »

Dream Theater
The Strokes
U2
Bob Dylan
Radiohead
The Smiths
The Jam
Rolling Stones
REM
Pearl Jam

wouldn't be surprised if that reads like someone else's Top 10 bands ever. these bands do nothing for me, been subjected to hours or in some cases years of abuse to the ears from most of these. my girlfriend at school was obsessed with The Smiths and Paul Weller, and for a couple of years I lived next door to Dream Theater's biggest fan in the world or something
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:20:04 PM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 02:56:37 PM »

and for a couple of years I lived next door to Dream Theater's biggest fan in the world or something
I'm so sorry for you Bluesad

I can never get into any alt or grunge bands. All my friends love that kinda music, but I guess the only band I've found kinda decent is Alice in Chains.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 03:14:42 PM »

and for a couple of years I lived next door to Dream Theater's biggest fan in the world or something
haha, yeah it got to the stage where I knew what songs followed on from what others on which albums just from hearing it through the wall!. the thing is they're amazing musicians, it's just the actual music I can't get into...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 03:34:09 PM »

THE GRATEFUL DEAD . . . although the older I get the more I enjoy some of their songs.  Maybe I'll be a fan someday.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »

I tried listening to these and while I like a song here and there, I never took them them as much as most I knew at some point or another:

Bon Jovi
Metallica
Journey
Tom Cochrane
Maestro Fresh Wes
Monster Magnet
Radiohead
Megadeath
The Black Crowes
Poison
Motley Crue
Whitesnake
Madonna
Cher
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Aerosmith
Queensryche
The Cranberries

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 08:46:23 PM »

Bands/artists I couldn't (still can't) get into or see the overall appeal of:
Led Zeppelin
U2
Madonna
Cream
Eric Clapton
Rod Stewart
Grateful Dead
Fleetwood Mac.

I'm sure there's others, but these ones off the top of my head are ones I really can't stand.

I can never get into any alt or grunge bands. All my friends love that kinda music, but I guess the only band I've found kinda decent is Alice in Chains.
Personally I feel that Alice in Chains has the best overall output of that whole Seattle/early mid-'90s Alt/Grunge/Seattle type of scene, when compared to Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, etc.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »

Ah another one...Stone Temple Pilots

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 09:22:51 PM »

Ah another one...Stone Temple Pilots
I like em, overall, but yeah.

Far from great.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
claws
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 12:41:50 AM »

Anything speed, trash, death whatever metal.
Punk.

Evanescence
White Stripes
Pink Floyd
Europe

Basically every band/artist in the current charts.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 12:52:49 AM »

A lot of Classic rock really doesn't get any kind of reaction from me along with Grunge. I don't even like that phrase classic rock very much, especially when used as a genre. (For example what does Bon Jovi and Black Sabbath have to do with each other) but I do like some Older Rock, mostly the progressive kind. Its just really 90 percent of the stuff on Classic rock radio is garbage that people view with rose tinted nostalgia goggles.

Sorry just ranting here. BounceGiggle

voltron

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 09:32:37 AM »

Cannibal Corpse
Deicide
Suffocation
Nile
Cynic
Dream Theatre

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 01:26:14 PM »

A lot of Classic rock really doesn't get any kind of reaction from me along with Grunge. I don't even like that phrase classic rock very much, especially when used as a genre. (For example what does Bon Jovi and Black Sabbath have to do with each other) but I do like some Older Rock, mostly the progressive kind. Its just really 90 percent of the stuff on Classic rock radio is garbage that people view with rose tinted nostalgia goggles.

Sorry just ranting here. BounceGiggle

I like old rock, but you are quite right about classic rock becoming such a broad category that it's lost much of its meaning. Maybe I'm getting old, but I have, on a number of occasions, done a double take at what someone has classified as classic rock.

Classic Rock was a good term when rock and roll was only a few decades old, and what would be called just plain "rock" might have been around for a couple of decades. The term worked well enough when applied to something like 70s-vintage Aerosmith in the early 90s. It was basically a blanket term for rock of the late 60s and the 70s. The problem is that after 20 more years, it's encompassing things that were new or as-yet-unreleased when I was into "classic rock." Some of it is radically different, and wasn't even liked much by fans of the older classic rock, at least not the fans I knew. People are now lumping 90s grunge and alternative into the classic rock category, and even stuff as recent as the early 2000s, and it's only going to get broader and vaguer and more meaningless with time.

And I agree that a lot of classic rock radio is garbage. It has the same problem as classic rock compilation CDs - you get the same overrated, overplayed hits, over and over again, selected by people who really don't know the music or give a sh!t, to please the largest number of people with the least effort possible. Over two or three decades, there is a wealth of bands, albums and songs, including many great songs that never seem to get played. Listening to classic rock radio, you'd think some of the most prolific bands of the last 50 years only had a couple of albums and a handful of great songs.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 01:43:32 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bands/Artists That You Never Really Could Get Into « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.