Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:47:59 PM
713352 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread: The Sequel « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread: The Sequel  (Read 158043 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #285 on: June 25, 2020, 05:32:40 AM »

I didn't realize they were on Generation Z already. I totally missed Generation Y. Wonder if they'll start again at "A" or they'll just start thinking up meaningful names instead.
Supposedly it'll be called Gen Alpha

Why not Gen Alpha-Bits?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #286 on: June 25, 2020, 05:40:09 AM »

I have an idea! Call them old people, middle-age people, young people, teens, kids, and babies!
Oh yeah-most important of all- dead people!

When did the naming of generations start anyhow? Maybe the 60's? No, Because the 20's were called he Roaring 20's by the late 30's. And the Gay 90's. (no, it meant "carefree" back then)- which seems like a nostalgic term. The Wild West is also an old term. The X,Z,Alpha thing... I dunno. The title for this generation should be Generation Cellphone.
By the way- I'm a "Baby Boomer." Which is the kids of folks who fVcked and s**t us out in the late 40's- early 60's.
It all just seems so stupid.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 06:03:29 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #287 on: June 25, 2020, 07:29:51 PM »

it is. and at least on my local news feeds, those labels are used as insults, and calls for" boomers" like us to" just die already!" , it makes me cry.

don't EVEN...EVER!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #288 on: June 25, 2020, 07:37:40 PM »

it is. and at least on my local news feeds, those labels are used as insults, and calls for" boomers" like us to" just die already!" , it makes me cry.

And people say I'm being paranoid...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #289 on: June 25, 2020, 08:15:07 PM »

And people say I'm being paranoid...

I think we all are.  Bluesad

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #290 on: June 25, 2020, 08:40:13 PM »

Sadly, I have heard this virus called "Boomer Remover."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #291 on: June 25, 2020, 08:42:14 PM »

I'll tell you what's real crazy, my friend. What's real crazy is that this plague s**t is killing ALL of us.
It don't give a f**k. And if you wan't to be in denial- well- I don't know what to tell you.  Bluesad

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #292 on: June 25, 2020, 08:45:21 PM »

Sadly, I have heard this virus called "Boomer Remover."

Eh. Morons trying to be witty.
I seen sharper wit in a Bowery Boys movie.  Lookingup
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 08:51:50 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #293 on: June 26, 2020, 09:45:51 AM »

Hearing that police in Glasgow have had to shoot and kill a man who stabbed several people killing three.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #294 on: June 26, 2020, 06:50:39 PM »

After watching the reaction of many people to the whole Covid thing and especially wearing masks I am never going to be able to watch a horror film and say "No one would ever be stupid enough to do that!" because people have turned out to be exactly that damn stupid.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #295 on: June 29, 2020, 04:30:00 PM »

My Facebook feed is turning into a mask-fashion show. Why people feel the need to express themselves and / or make statements with masks I just don't understand.
Just wearing a simple plain mask is oh so boring I guess.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #296 on: June 29, 2020, 06:15:20 PM »

My Facebook feed is turning into a mask-fashion show. Why people feel the need to express themselves and / or make statements with masks I just don't understand.

If making a fashion statement convinces them to wear a mask, I'm all for it. Hell, I even support "MAGA" or "Trump 2020" masks if that's the only way you could get people to wear them.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #297 on: June 29, 2020, 08:02:09 PM »

Perhaps El Topo's gun was a Harrington & Richardson, not a Hopkins & Allen like I thought..... They both look a lot alike...

Of course, for years, the poor quality of VHS had me thinking it was an Enfield or a Webley with a chrome job....

I still don't think it's a Schofield, because it's missing a telltale bulge under the barrel in front of the hinge, & I'm not too sure about the top latch.....

Makes me want to resurrect the Random Statement Nobody Should Care About thread...........................

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
claws
« Reply #298 on: June 30, 2020, 02:39:37 AM »

If making a fashion statement convinces them to wear a mask, I'm all for it. Hell, I even support "MAGA" or "Trump 2020" masks if that's the only way you could get people to wear them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are wearing masks and I'm all for wearing a mask. When I go shopping I don't stop, read and admire whatever little message or statement people have printed on their masks. Most people I know on Facebook wore masks right from the beginning, which is good. But after a few weeks they started to get experimental from being bored I guess. Now they just want to stand out from the rest, posing for selfies with their latest mask creation on a daily basis.
By the time this pandemic is over (if ever) I assume they'll have thousands of "witty" masks stored in the basement.

I just think it is weird that people always have to turn some things into a "thing" regardless the situation.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 04:11:01 AM by claws » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #299 on: June 30, 2020, 04:03:43 PM »

I have so many spreadsheets going right now, I need to make a spreadsheet to organize them.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread: The Sequel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.