Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:40:58 PM
714221 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread: The Sequel « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread: The Sequel  (Read 159921 times)
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #405 on: September 06, 2020, 12:31:38 AM »

^ and you know all of this how?

Because before I left town earlier today to go on a country drive with my wife, so far as I could tell, I was the last person to post in that topic. When we came back earlier this evening, I saw that Andrew had moved the topic.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #406 on: September 06, 2020, 12:35:00 AM »

And because you went on a drive that proves all that you said? Interesting!
 But why he pulled it ,and his reasons for doing so, I don't think that's for anybody to say. Except Andrew.
Not you.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 12:42:51 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #407 on: September 06, 2020, 01:23:37 AM »

And because you went on a drive that proves all that you said? Interesting!
 But why he pulled it ,and his reasons for doing so, I don't think that's for anybody to say. Except Andrew.
Not you.

Except that I read the post that was right before mine in that topic. I know about the ultimatum that was handed down and who said it. You don’t. I only mentioned the drive because I wanted you to know that I had more important things to do today then live on this forum like you do. So not only am I partial to inside information that you don’t possess, but I also lead a happy life outside of this forum. Oh, and my wife also has darker skin than Tiana does too. Isn’t that ironic? Don’t that just beat all?  TeddyR #TRUMP2020

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #408 on: September 06, 2020, 10:01:05 AM »

My cousin's daughter is living in South Korea and there is currently a major typhoon heading at where she is. Strangely she seems more excited than daunted.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #409 on: September 06, 2020, 10:03:55 AM »

^ I hope she stays safe.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #410 on: September 06, 2020, 10:08:15 AM »

Thanks, Ronny!

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #411 on: September 06, 2020, 04:00:04 PM »

There are over 8 billion people on the planet.

Even with all the @%&#  2020 has been giving us -statistically speaking   somebody somewhere is having the best year of their life.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
VenomX73

« Reply #412 on: September 06, 2020, 07:34:18 PM »

ok well I got the rear done, new brakes, rotors and drag springs...
not easy! I guess if its nice tomorrow I'll do the fronts!

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #413 on: September 08, 2020, 08:41:56 PM »

I guarantee you that someday 2020 will be the good old days.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #414 on: September 08, 2020, 10:12:53 PM »

I guarantee you that someday 2020 will be the good old days.

I think your right. When dinosaurs rule the Earth!

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #415 on: September 09, 2020, 12:18:49 PM »

Have you ever wondered why the widths of cars are standardized to the dimensions they are? Perhaps it is apocryphal, but the story goes something like this: Car widths are what they are because early car makers used wagon undercarriages as the basis for car bodies, and that's how wide wagons were. Why? Because the wheels were spaced in such a way that they would fit the ruts of European roads, and that's how far apart the ruts were. Why? Because many of the roads in Europe were built on top of Roman military roads that dated from the time of Julius Caesar, and that's how wide they were. Why? Because (and here, we finally get to the real answer), that's how wide a Roman chariot needed to be, in order to accommodate the width of the war horses pulling it. So, in some sense, the width of cars is not only an artifact of the way that things had always been, but is also an extension of the tyranny of Caesar. Remember that the next time you go pick up some groceries.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #416 on: September 10, 2020, 06:08:51 AM »

Chipotle open two restaurants in Germany in 2018. According to TripAdvisor reviews the staff doesn't speak German, which is unusual. Quality of the food has been declining in less than six months. Apparently they now use bagged chips instead of homemade, and some sort of pre-made meat, and they have reduced the bean option down to one and drastically reduced the overall portions. Never been there because they are too far away but this doesn't sound ecouraging.

Five Guys Germany doesn't seem to fare much better even though they are planning to expand throughout Germany in the next few years. People are complaining about the food being insanely overpriced and the burgers tasting average at best.

Beside the omni-present McDonalds and Burger King, KFC appears to be the strongest runner up amongst popular US fast food chains in Germany, with Subway and Dominos not too far behind. We used to have Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks but they closed shops in my area a few years ago.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 02:38:46 AM by claws » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #417 on: September 10, 2020, 06:42:17 AM »

Chipotle open two restaurants in Germany in 2018. According to TripAdvisor reviews the staff doesn't speak German, which is unusual. Quality of the food has been declining in less than six months. Apparently they now use bagged chips instead of homemade, and some sort of pre-made meat, and they have reduced the bean option down to one and drastically reduced the overall portions. Never been there because they are too far away but this doesn't sound ecouraging.

Five Guys Germany doesn't seem to fare much better even though they are planning to expand throughout Germany in the next few years. People are complaining about the food being insanely overpriced and the burgers tasting average at best.

Beside the omni-present McDonalds and Burger King, KFC is the third runner up amongst popular US fast food places in Germany, with Domino pizza at fourth. We used to have Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks but they closed shops in my area a few years ago.

I liked 5 Guys when we visited them in the states. They opened up in Glasgow and we went along. I have to agree about them being insanely overpriced and the food average. We could have had a full steak meal elsewhere for what they charged for a burger and a shared box of fries.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #418 on: September 11, 2020, 12:54:36 AM »

Rather disappointed that the horror movie 'Baskin', does not involve the woman from Tiger King.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #419 on: September 11, 2020, 07:45:35 AM »

My religious mother in law said she'd be voting for trump based purely on the whole abortion thing and for no other reason.

Because I've seen this a lot and out of curiosity I went and looked up the number of abortions per year in the US at the moment. Then I noticed something about the years, so I then started comparing the number of abortions in the US per year, all the way back to about 1980 and compared it to who the president was at the time. Some interesting result there.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread: The Sequel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.