Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:45:33 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread: The Sequel « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread: The Sequel  (Read 160093 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #420 on: September 12, 2020, 07:55:36 PM »

Higher fiber foods like broccoli and cauliflower isn't keeping me feeling full for some reason. Beans as well.

yeah no.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #421 on: September 13, 2020, 08:20:26 PM »

Mused about this before in one form or another, but it's funny how the rich always tell you how you can save money by doing things you can't afford to do...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #422 on: September 14, 2020, 09:12:41 AM »

If I was Jewish I'd like to think I'd have been born in Australian in a brown house on a small street in the suburbs of Melbourne, to a mother who was allergic to cats and had a weight problem, and a father who cussed under his breath but never aloud, and who liked to throw things away.

I'd have had an older brother with a fixation on bathing, and a grandmother who lived with us and gave us lots of money.

One day as I was studying very hard for the right college, maybe age ten or so (because I'd be like so smart) I'd take a break and be walking my poodle in the park and come across a dead teenager hanging in the woods, and my parents would get me lots of counseling, but in fact I'd kind of like to tell lurid exaggerations about the body in the park.

I'd finish high school a year early and get into the second-best college on my list, and then I'd go bad because I'd fall in with this domineering lesbian who would screw my mind up about men while we smoked a lot of hashish. Finally, being three years older than me, she'd admit to me it was all a stage she was going through and she wasn't a lesbian and did not hate men, and she'd say sorry for being a bad influence, now don't go join a death cut in the Outback, will you not, Bec, honey?

I hated her after that and was only partly sad when seven years later she got crippled in a plane crash.

My last year at university would be a mix of anger and vulnerability, and I'd think I was pregnant for most of a semester, but would have no idea why I thought so, and finally I'd graduate with honors and get a job where I was making a whole lot of money, and then I'd move to Sydney and suddenly have this incredible life with awesome friends, and I'd be very happy til my brother visited one day and pointed out didn't you ever notice, Bec, that your friends are all like actor-slash types, and lay-about poets, and they're hanging out with you cuz you always pick up the tab when you're out for  drinks and noshing?

That's not true, Brad is also sleeping with me, so there, I'd shoot back, which would make my brother raise his eyebrows and say something apt but crude, and later I'd realize he'd been right, it was my money and generous nature my so-called friends took to, not me!

That was a painfully hard realization, so I quit hanging with my friends and went into therapy, took a vacation in southern India one year, Israel another, got involved with a man from Pakistan who'd always tell me his family could never find out he was dating a Jewish girl, and after some bad relationship choices I ended up living with this Welsh dude who had a daughter back in Cardiff he never saw but I'd always try to talk him into having her come visit.

Finally on my thirtieth birthday I would decide I had spent my whole life investing in other people's happiness, and I'd marry a man I met at group therapy, and one day I'd wake up and be fifty, and I'd silently scream inside because my G-d my life was mostly done and how had I been so wrapped up in marriage and my daughters that I was entering the homestretch of life, and dear Lord above, I needed to do something worthwhile, and quick!

So I'd quit my job and open a bookstore art gallery poetry coffee shop, and go broke but by the time I was sixty and discovered a lump in my breast I'd feel I did something worthwhile with my time, and wouldn't mind so much the cancer that I instinctively sensed was going to kill me.

But I'm not Jewish.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 09:14:45 AM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #423 on: September 14, 2020, 11:30:44 AM »

When you are studying the hunting habits of, and best ways to fight off a crocodile to make a D&D fight realistic, you are overthinking it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #424 on: September 16, 2020, 03:45:23 PM »

"OK l like the other night when I was up real late smoking Northern Lights, I saw this weird documentary on YouTube about how Sharon Tate actually didn't die in the Manson family attacks because this dog like saved her when its owner sicced her on that Tex dude's man parts? I want to know, was what I saw a reenactment....or like...security footage, maybe? It was really good security footage if it was. But like does Roman Polanski still believe she's dead, you think? Has she been in anything else since then? IMDB says no but I didn't look at her Wikipedia page."

LilCerberus

« Reply #425 on: September 17, 2020, 10:16:15 PM »

I think somebody on this forum brought this up before, but I was thinking, instead of remakes, the "Nightmare On Elm Street" series should have a series of prequels......

Maybe figure out made him crazy in life, maybe delve into his desire to drag his victims into his fantasy world...

There was some teasing at his origins in "The Dream Child", whereas "Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare" was way too in your face by depicting him as a psychotic youngster, exacerbated by abusive father, and the rather pretentious coping mechanism he develops as a teenager...

There should be at least one movie about the life & times that created the monster turned demon named Freddy Krueger!

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #426 on: September 18, 2020, 06:29:25 AM »

I hit a new low weight this morning:  228.8 pounds!!!
Woo hoo!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #427 on: September 18, 2020, 11:27:14 AM »

I hit a new low weight this morning:  228.8 pounds!!!
Woo hoo!

Well here's to there being less of you to admire!  Smile

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #428 on: September 19, 2020, 01:09:18 AM »

Lying here with my phone battery down to 39-percent and I'm too unmotivated to cross this room and get my charger.

LilCerberus

« Reply #429 on: September 19, 2020, 02:08:09 PM »

Tree fell clear across Castlewood Rd yesterday, blocking traffic & knocking out power to my block for just over seven hours.....

For the life of me, I don't know why, but I figured that would be the perfect excuse to get up off my @$$ & do some grocery shopping.....

LilCerberus

« Reply #430 on: September 19, 2020, 07:30:03 PM »

If an Australian of the Yiddish persuasion made a certain well known exclamation, would they mean "'Oy!", or would they mean "Oi!"
And how would anyone other than an Australian or someone of the Yiddish persuasion be able to tell?

LilCerberus

« Reply #431 on: September 21, 2020, 07:03:54 PM »

I wonder if Freddy Krueger got the idea for his glove from The Creature With The Blue Hand.............

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #432 on: September 22, 2020, 07:27:41 AM »

My adolescence was nothing like the kids have on Skins but then again I don't think anyone's was.  Well except for getting hit by a bus. Or rather a bus once got hit by me. I was talking to someone and walked right into a parked bus. So I had a run-in with a bus but also a borderline eating disorder, and a crazy mother, so does that make me more sympathetic to Tony or Cassie or Nips?

Okay, well you try being in a motel for two weeks watching '00s British TV and see if it doesn't get into your head.  Smile

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #433 on: September 22, 2020, 07:41:32 AM »

My adolescence was nothing like the kids have on Skins but then again I don't think anyone's was.  Well except for getting hit by a bus. Or rather a bus once got hit by me. I was talking to someone and walked right into a parked bus. So I had a run-in with a bus but also a borderline eating disorder, and a crazy mother, so does that make me more sympathetic to Tony or Cassie or Nips?

Okay, well you try being in a motel for two weeks watching '00s British TV and see if it doesn't get into your head.  Smile

Try 'Blacks Books' and 'Spaced' instead.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #434 on: September 22, 2020, 07:45:04 AM »

I'll seek them out. 

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread: The Sequel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.