Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:42:25 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread: The Sequel « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread: The Sequel  (Read 160083 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #510 on: January 24, 2021, 06:35:28 PM »

So....
Does that make it okay to hate Biden for his history of bigotry, racism & racial gaffes?

If that were true, I'd hate him too. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #511 on: January 24, 2021, 06:49:38 PM »

So....
Does that make it okay to hate Biden for his history of bigotry, racism & racial gaffes?

It "IS" true. Google it.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
pacman000
« Reply #512 on: January 24, 2021, 07:09:11 PM »

Once I wandered the Land of Metaphor...

I came to a city. A great crowd had gathered, listening to a speaker. He said terrible things about men in the city who wore white robes with gold trim. I left there, taking a mountain pass to the next city. On that road there was a cliff. I saw a man wearing white robes with gold trim hanging off the cliff. The speaker was there, & he offered the man his hand. “No,” said the man in the gold-trimmed robe. “I would rather die than be helped by you.”
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #513 on: January 24, 2021, 07:53:52 PM »

So....
It "IS" true. Google it.

Why don't you calm down?  I simply stated IF.  And no, I don't believe your assertion.  It's self-serving aside from stupid.  To the point, it's another example of WHATABOUTISM.  More to the point, I was responding to ER's question.  Not you. 

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #514 on: January 24, 2021, 08:03:52 PM »

How about this: Hate bigotry.  Pity bigots.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #515 on: January 24, 2021, 08:28:21 PM »

I am calm...
And, this was a statement of fact, not a belief on my part, which is why I suggested you Google it.

Conservatives have been called "bigots" for several decades, and we learned to brush it off for just how silly of an accusation it was.
Then, after 2016, we began to realize just how seriously people believed it when they made these obscene statements.
And now, all of a sudden, the new language states that conservatism is some sort of "cult".

The language is growing increasingly dangerous, and this is why I take issue with the question being an absolute or a relative.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #516 on: January 24, 2021, 09:16:00 PM »

...The language is growing increasingly dangerous, and this is why I take issue with the question being an absolute or a relative.
Yeh, genius?  I see BIGOTRY as an absolute.  Does that mean we agree? 

LilCerberus

« Reply #517 on: January 24, 2021, 09:29:32 PM »

...The language is growing increasingly dangerous, and this is why I take issue with the question being an absolute or a relative.

Well, for for example, ever since I came back to this town from TX 30yrs ago, I occasionally tend to encounter people who will speak only with glowing praise & love for people that I personally knew only for their wickedness....

Will I speak out & tell them they are wrong?
No.
I'll simply sit back & respect that knew a different side of them than I did......
Dissent shouldn't be shut down as it has been lately, but rather, room needs to be made for enlightenment.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #518 on: January 24, 2021, 10:33:29 PM »

Yeh, genius?  I see BIGOTRY as an absolute.  Does that mean we agree?  

Well, for for example, ever since I came back to this town from TX 30yrs ago, I occasionally tend to encounter people who will speak only with glowing praise & love for people that I personally knew only for their wickedness....

No.
I'll simply sit back & respect that knew a different side of them than I did......
Dissent shouldn't be shut down as it has been lately, but rather, room needs to be made for enlightenment.
It was a yes or no question.  
I think you are a fool.  Not because of your political opinions, but because I thought we were friends.  I think it is foolish to trash friendship.  I do not think trashing friendship is enlightened. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 11:24:20 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #519 on: January 25, 2021, 12:50:50 PM »

Yeh, genius?  I see BIGOTRY as an absolute.  Does that mean we agree?  

No.

You don't do it in public? Just on the intenet, then!

Because you scream "fake nooz" at anyone who disagrees with you.
Scream in ALL CAPS!  Bluesad
Mellow out, man. Life goes on.  Unless you have a stroke by being so p**sed all the time.

Remember when you used to write about BAD movies? Remember that?  Bluesad
Here's enlightenment-
Take it easy! It's a new day. It's a new world.
Live today- because tomorrow we die!
And I think that's from a movie.
A No-Prize for anyone who can tell me which one. Because I ain't sure.  Question
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 12:58:03 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pacman000
« Reply #520 on: January 25, 2021, 01:52:49 PM »

The Bible, roughly: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes%208%3A15&version=NKJV

Ecclesiastes 8:15
New King James Version

15 So I commended enjoyment, because a man has nothing better under the sun than to eat, drink, and be merry; for this will remain with him in his labor all the days of his life which God gives him under the sun.

To avoid taking the above too much out-of-context:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes+12%3A13-14&version=NKJV

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
New King James Version
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God and keep His commandments,
For this is man’s all.
14 For God will bring every work into judgment,
Including every secret thing,
Whether good or evil.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 02:39:24 PM by pacman000 » Logged
LilCerberus

« Reply #521 on: January 25, 2021, 04:31:37 PM »

No.

You don't do it in public? Just on the intenet, then!

Because you scream "fake nooz" at anyone who disagrees with you.
Scream in ALL CAPS!  Bluesad
Mellow out, man. Life goes on.  Unless you have a stroke by being so p**sed all the time.

Remember when you used to write about BAD movies? Remember that?  Bluesad
Here's enlightenment-
Take it easy! It's a new day. It's a new world.
Live today- because tomorrow we die!
And I think that's from a movie.
A No-Prize for anyone who can tell me which one. Because I ain't sure.  Question

The people I was talking about respecting were in reference to adults I knew as a child... These other people were adults at the time... Very long story... Spoon River, two sides to every coin, & so on & so forth....

And there was a time once when the people who spoke to me this way would do so online, but wouldn't do so in person, and it was mutual....
This changed in late 2017, when I was asked to volunteer at WRWK...
I was board opping for two angry talk show hosts who literally had NO IDEA what they were talking about, and after a short time, found myself having to pipe up...

One quickly realized she was in over her head & dropped out... The other realized she had to start reading up on what she was talking about, and quickly earned my respect, in spite of our opposing political views.
I even learned quite a few things that were wrong with the KeyStone Pipeline that the environmental crowd & the lamestream nooz didn't think were worth bothering with...
Point being, yes, I can be this way In public if necessary, and if necessary, I am willing to engage those I find unreasonable.
BUT, if a reasonable counterpoint is presented in a reasonable way, then I'm open to it.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #522 on: January 26, 2021, 10:34:06 AM »

^ as long as they agree with you.
Cerb- I think your a good guy, and your heart is in the right place, but I think you were hoodwinked by a pro con artist.
And don't believe all the bulls**t you read on internet chat rooms.
This is the age of Bulls**t. I stay off social media (except here and my Tumblr blog-shamless plug  Lookingup)
I try to think for myself. Background noise don't help.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus

« Reply #523 on: January 26, 2021, 10:54:50 AM »

^I'll just say, calling me names doesn't work.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #524 on: January 26, 2021, 11:05:02 AM »

Today is TONY WILLIAMS birthday - Raffine

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread: The Sequel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.