Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:20:03 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread: The Sequel « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread: The Sequel  (Read 158103 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #540 on: February 11, 2021, 07:59:18 PM »

https://zombo.com/ is still online!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #541 on: February 11, 2021, 10:28:05 PM »

Today at work I wanted to punch the main deli guy in the face......Did I say that work at a grocery store yet? Been there nearly a year.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #542 on: February 13, 2021, 10:56:28 AM »

I was pondering something and even mentioned when I woke up this morning. If thinking about food can make you hungry, and thinking about sexual things can arouse you, and thinking about something funny can make you laugh, and thinking about something frightening can scare you, I wonder if anyone has ever done a study in which someone thinks intensely about exercise, and then measured to see if that has any effect on the subject’s metabolism and physique?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #543 on: February 14, 2021, 12:10:22 AM »

"I'm gonna tell you how it's gonna be ....you're gonna give your blood to me"

- vampire Buddy Holly
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #544 on: February 15, 2021, 11:57:47 AM »

I hope everyone had a grand Valentine's Day, spent with your beloved squeeze, or at least your favorite b-movie sweetheart. We didn't go anywhere, wasn't feasible for a lot of reasons, plus I didn't want to, I'm away too often anyway, so I guess our old '00s tradition of going to the Hyatt Regency in Chicago for the holiday is just a memory, but it was still a sweet day spent with my family, waiting for the snow to fall, and I enjoyed it.

When I was in Catholic high school they used to tell us every year not to forget Valentine's Day began as a commemoration of when the Romans shot Saint Valentine full of arrows for....I dunno, not renouncing Christ or some such, and not to forget that when we celebrated the day, but that killjoy attitude always reminded me that religious celibates were sour-graping the rest of us who stood a chance of getting a romantic kiss on February 14th. (Something I was destined not to get til I was mid-way through their tyrannical hold anyway.)

So, may we all have the Valentine's Day we desire next year, in sweeter times.  Cheers

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #545 on: February 17, 2021, 04:34:46 AM »

I wonder what the correct term for the exact opposite of Renaissance man would be?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #546 on: February 17, 2021, 08:58:45 AM »

I wonder what the correct term for the exact opposite of Renaissance man would be?
A "Dark Age Dude"

claws
« Reply #547 on: February 17, 2021, 11:21:06 AM »

I wonder why people don't spontaneous combust anymore. Is it because of junk food?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #548 on: February 17, 2021, 11:53:49 AM »

I wonder why people don't spontaneous combust anymore. Is it because of junk food?

In December 2010, the death of Michael Faherty, a 76-year-old man in County Galway, Ireland, was recorded as "spontaneous combustion" by the coroner. The doctor, Ciaran McLoughlin, made this statement at the inquiry into the death: "This fire was thoroughly investigated and I'm left with the conclusion that this fits into the category of spontaneous human combustion, for which there is no adequate explanation."

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #549 on: February 17, 2021, 12:02:06 PM »

In December 2010, the death of Michael Faherty, a 76-year-old man in County Galway, Ireland, was recorded as "spontaneous combustion" by the coroner. The doctor, Ciaran McLoughlin, made this statement at the inquiry into the death: "This fire was thoroughly investigated and I'm left with the conclusion that this fits into the category of spontaneous human combustion, for which there is no adequate explanation."

Ah ok. It just seems like this sort of thing doesn't happen as much anymore.

-edit to add-

Benjamin Radford, science writer and deputy editor of the science magazine Skeptical Inquirer, contends, "Faherty's case may not be as mysterious as it looks. There was, after all, an open fire close to his burned body. It seems likely that a spark or ember might have popped from the fire onto his clothing, and caught his clothing on fire. It's not clear why the coroner conclusively ruled this explanation out." Radford also casts doubt on the plausibility of spontaneous human combustion, "If SHC is a real phenomenon (and not the result of an elderly or infirm person being too close to a flame source), why doesn't it happen more often?"

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 12:08:37 PM by claws » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #550 on: February 17, 2021, 03:34:24 PM »

In college I read a Skeptical Inquirer article that shot holes in the idea of spontaneous human combustion. I'm not saying TSI is the last word in every topic but I do think the researchers provided more reassuring theories than the unsettling idea that any of us could at any time erupt from the inside out in flames.

I agree though, SHC isn't something you heard about much anymore.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #551 on: February 17, 2021, 03:38:29 PM »

It's not something happens every day. It happened then just as often as it does now, I reckon. How many times has this been reported to happen in the last 200 years?  I'm sure some sorry soul exploded into flames for some reason we don't understand. Charles Fort started documenting it in the 1920's.
My opinion on it? I have no clue why someone would burst into flames. One theory is it only happens to drunks.
I hope not! Buggedout
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 03:46:50 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #552 on: February 17, 2021, 03:50:36 PM »

It's not something happens every day. It happened then just as often as it does now, I reckon. How many times has this been reported to happen in the last 200 years?  I'm sure some sorry soul exploded into flames for some reason we don't understand. Charles Fort started documenting it in the 1920's.
My opinion on it? I have no clue why someone would burst into flames. One theory is it only happens to drunks.
I hope not! Buggedout

Ha!!!!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #553 on: February 17, 2021, 09:44:29 PM »

Been a crazy week in Texas.  Ice storm last Thursday shut down schools and roads for 2 days, then a snowstorm rolled in Saturday and Sunday, and another one last night - we're getting an unscheduled winter break!

Of course, having no running water at the house sucks, and being on intermittent power blackouts isn't much better.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #554 on: February 17, 2021, 09:51:26 PM »

^ you folks ain't used to that , I reckon!
Ain't it groovy?  Cheers

Put heat tape on your pipes. Buy lots of candles and blankets. That's what I do.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 09:56:37 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread: The Sequel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.