Main Menu

Recent Movie Purchases, part 2

Started by Rev. Powell, April 25, 2020, 12:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kornula

Rev. Powell

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

kornula

Reverend Powell;  PARANOIA AGENT is mind blowing!  I am not a huge anime fan...but my roommate keeps suggesting anime I have learned to FREAKIN LOVE!

Rev. Powell

Quote from: kornula on January 04, 2021, 08:22:51 PM
Reverend Powell;  PARANOIA AGENT is mind blowing!  I am not a huge anime fan...but my roommate keeps suggesting anime I have learned to FREAKIN LOVE!

I loved all Kon's movies, so I expect to love this when I get around to it.

kornula

Quote from: Rev. Powell on January 05, 2021, 08:59:24 AM
Quote from: kornula on January 04, 2021, 08:22:51 PM

I loved all Kon's movies, so I expect to love this when I get around to it.

It is  a shame he died so young. :(

zelmo73

The Last Temptation of Christ (1988) and The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone (1990) on blu ray. The new version of The Godfather III (1990) technically came out last year to commemorate the final film's 30th anniversary, but I'm calling it (1990) because that's when we were first introduced to that hot mess. I bought it because I really want to like that movie because I love the first two films and I really want to like the trilogy as a whole, but before the new Star Wars sequel trilogy, The Godfather trilogy had been the worst trilogy I had seen because of the final film, and I'm really hoping that Coppola's remix can pull it off. I haven't seen it yet and I'm saving it for this weekend.
First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"

Rev. Powell

Ticonderoga 64

FatFreddysCat

Maximum Overdrive DVD at Goodwill for a buck 99
Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

kornula

Alex

I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

pennywise37

damn i love that movie i have it on blur-ray. the last thing i bought was  NCIS Seasons 4 and 5 for total of $14 bucks

kornula

THE MALTESE FALCON on DVD..but it has two other versions as well.  Just watched the first attempt from 1931.  Not much changed.. even the script is nearly identical...just the casting is not quite as strong.

pennywise37

there is actually 3 different versions the (1931) is a decent version i do not remember a thing about it than there's one that Bette Davis did in (1936) The 2nd one is Satan Met a lady (1936) that one is my favorite the (1941) version is a decent one but i love the Bette Davis one but many find that the weakest one i don't but to each their own i suppose.

kornula

Last month, I broke down and bought THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT on DVD from Amazon. 

Amazing movie. It's so good, the Beatles stopped right in the middle of recording an album to go over to Paul's house to watch its TV premiere.