Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:16:58 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases, part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Author Topic: Recent Movie Purchases, part 2  (Read 136802 times)
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2021, 05:55:40 AM »

Police Story 1 & 2: Criterion Collection on blu ray. I'm really stoked about this one, even more than I was about the Bruce Lee Criterion Collection that I bought on blu ray last summer.  Cheers

Police Story Criterion Collection? And Bruce Lee Criterion Collection?? I need to go to the shops more often. How is the video and audio quality?

I've only ever owned the VHS version of Police Story (1985) before, so I know that the blu ray has excellent quality. I love that it includes the original Cantonese audio along with the English dub, so you can appreciate the emotion in the original voice acting. Criterion does their usual excellent quality in restoring these films to their remastered original audio before dubbing and international distribution ruined them for purists. The Bruce Lee collection is a definite must-buy; even though it is 1080p blu ray, they must have remastered them in 4K or something because they can easily pass for 4K movies if you are watching them on a 4K TV.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
pennywise37

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2021, 09:36:21 PM »

last week i bought Evita  (1996) a favorite film of mine and i haven't seen it in years!  i love the music i think it's a matter of taste i suppose i don't think i've seen it since i was in my 20's or maybe even in my 30's so it's been a long time
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2021, 02:56:36 PM »

Orca..with Richard Harris and Bo Derek!

I reemmber watching it in 1978 in the theater... I remember it being bad. What I did not remember is it being hilariously bad.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2021, 11:42:00 PM »

Orca..with Richard Harris and Bo Derek!

I reemmber watching it in 1978 in the theater... I remember it being bad. What I did not remember is it being hilariously bad.

I saw that on TV when I was a little kid. I remember thinking "wow, a KILLER killer whale!"  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
pennywise37

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2021, 11:46:13 PM »

i don't think i've ever seen a movie as bad as  the one i mentioned recently Delta Delta Die (2003) that one is i think the worst movie i've ever seen in my life. i'm not naming Troll 2 cause i've never seen the whole thing i watched about 5 minutes of it and shut it off cause it was that bad
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2021, 10:51:52 AM »

i don't think i've ever seen a movie as bad as  the one i mentioned recently Delta Delta Die (2003) that one is i think the worst movie i've ever seen in my life. i'm not naming Troll 2 cause i've never seen the whole thing i watched about 5 minutes of it and shut it off cause it was that bad

s**t man, if you’re looking for some real bottom of the barrel stuff check out some of the other Full Moon movies from around that period. Basically up to 1996 they are either old enough to have a charm to them or benefitted from big studio financing via Paramount. In the late 2000s they had new investors from China which at least gave them enough money to make the movies look like...well movies.

But that in between period is filled with some of the most horrible crap you can imagine. Seriously, a high school video production class could have made some better looking things than some of those movies.
pennywise37

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2021, 04:22:47 AM »

yeah for a long time a lot of his stuff was pretty bad, i am thinking of the Howling film that they did in (1995) i think that was made after Paramount said F... to them but yeah that one is pretty bad. stiches (2000) yeah that one is just plain awful
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2021, 11:25:00 AM »

yeah for a long time a lot of his stuff was pretty bad, i am thinking of the Howling film that they did in (1995) i think that was made after Paramount said F... to them but yeah that one is pretty bad. stiches (2000) yeah that one is just plain awful

Haha I’ve had the DVD of Stiches sitting on my nightstand for a few months now. I’ve seen a truncated version of it in one of Full Moon’s clip show movies that puts a few truncated versions of movies together with very little rhyme or reason. From what I’ve seen I’d rank Stiches above some of the crap Full Moon has put out, but I haven’t had the urge to watch the full thing either. 
pennywise37

« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2021, 10:01:26 PM »

Band has done some great movies Re-Animator (1985) and From Beyond (1986) come to Dolls (1987) comes to mind 'Castle Freak (1995) and so many more the Trancer series etc.. but he's also done movies so bad that i dunno what he was even thinking on putting them out and the films he put out last year during the shut down are a good example of not only out of ideas but a man of desperation even though he no doubt was making some pretty good money on streaming and prolly ordering movies online from him too and merchandise as well. but all that is just guess work of course

but Stiches (2000) was also Dr.  see i forget the name of that film from around that time on how bad it it was!   
TheBouncer
New Visitor

« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2021, 02:21:37 AM »

Slugs (1988) based on the Huston book. A largely unheard of cast, the majority of whom did nothing other than this film in the industry. Some good kills though.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2021, 02:39:02 AM »

Slugs (1988) based on the Huston book. A largely unheard of cast, the majority of whom did nothing other than this film in the industry. Some good kills though.

I've read that one and the follow-up. I can't remember if it was in the first novel or second, but I reached a passage in the book where something happens to a guy sitting on the toilet. I read that section and passed it to the guy sitting beside me and told him to read it. The book was then passed from person to person until everyone in the room had read this particular passage. You could tell by the squirming look on everyone's face when they reached this one particular sentence.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2021, 08:57:30 AM »

Suddenly I'm finding cheap previously viewed DVDs of the recent Star Wars movies in every store I go to... last night I scored The Last Jedi for $8.99, and I wanna go back for Solo next chance I get (unless someone beats me to it).

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
TheBouncer
New Visitor

« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2021, 09:25:25 AM »

I've read that one and the follow-up. I can't remember if it was in the first novel or second, but I reached a passage in the book where something happens to a guy sitting on the toilet. I read that section and passed it to the guy sitting beside me and told him to read it. The book was then passed from person to person until everyone in the room had read this particular passage. You could tell by the squirming look on everyone's face when they reached this one particular sentence.

I found the first book amongst my shelf this morning so I will look out for that passage (if it's featured in book one) when I find the time to give it a read. Picturing the book being passed around and people being revolted, almost reminds me of crime scene evidence being passed around members of a jury for examination.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2021, 01:59:26 AM »

I found the first book amongst my shelf this morning so I will look out for that passage (if it's featured in book one) when I find the time to give it a read. Picturing the book being passed around and people being revolted, almost reminds me of crime scene evidence being passed around members of a jury for examination.

Having had a think about it, I think the passage in question is in the follow up (which I believe is called Breeding Ground). I would have been about 16 or 17 when I read it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2021, 06:23:45 AM »

Justice League: Snyder Cut.

A nearly four-hour-long sprawling epic. Is it better than the Whedon version? Well, that comes down to your own taste. I would say it is an exercise in storytelling bearing all the hallmarks of Snyder's established aesthetic. It is less entertaining as a tent pole movie in the Marvel tradition so I guess it comes down to appreciating movies as an art or just wanting to be entertained. Me, I like both versions for different reasons.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases, part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.