Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:59:23 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 85
Author Topic: Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection  (Read 211277 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #555 on: December 02, 2021, 11:27:50 PM »

Remember, at 10,000 posts you're still a Kraken, with or without the initiation rites. You dont have to get in the car with them when the Rev and Trevor show up at your house holding duct tape and a blindfold.

TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #556 on: December 02, 2021, 11:29:01 PM »

You can ignore me all you want, but I highly recommend doing whatever Trevor asks. You do not want him to "loose the underpants."

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #557 on: December 03, 2021, 12:17:05 PM »

Underpants really don't work all that well with a union suit.....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #558 on: December 10, 2021, 12:29:40 PM »

I've actually had men try to tell me a male getting thunked in the testicles hurts worse than childbirth does for women. Not to diminish y'all's pain but I just can't think that's possible.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #559 on: December 10, 2021, 02:08:41 PM »

RIP Michael Nesmith

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #560 on: December 15, 2021, 12:31:02 AM »

Oliver Stone's Nixon was really awesome I need to see it again.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #561 on: December 15, 2021, 08:49:45 AM »

I've actually had men try to tell me a male getting thunked in the testicles hurts worse than childbirth does for women. Not to diminish y'all's pain but I just can't think that's possible.

It's hard to measure a short-lived intense pain against an extended pain. I will say that absolutely no man in the world would agree to be kicked in the nuts for hours on end if they knew they'd get a son or daughter out of it when it was all over.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #562 on: December 17, 2021, 11:12:21 AM »

It's hard to measure a short-lived intense pain against an extended pain. I will say that absolutely no man in the world would agree to be kicked in the nuts for hours on end if they knew they'd get a son or daughter out of it when it was all over.

There was a question posed here about what if humans had a mating season (good question) and I asked someone not long ago about the consequences of sexual reproduction being a painful act. (Supposedly it is for some species, like female cats.) I think life would not be able to thrive if this were the case. I had a class called Biology of Reproduction and honestly, the way new generations are brought into being is varied and complex, and some species have a gender whose entire purpose is simply to be the breeder of future members of the species. (The queen among a colony of ants and bees comes to mind but there are others.) Even aside from the fact that it's the study of, well, mostly sex, reproduction as a subject is strangely sci-fi and compelling to read about because is can be such a complex process, with species existing who carry out fertilization and gestation orally, and some others who asexally clone themselves by mitosis. It's crazy.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #563 on: December 18, 2021, 12:41:10 PM »

Oliver Stone's Nixon was really awesome I need to see it again.

Agreed: Sir Anthony Hopkins made Richard Nixon human, especially what he said to JFK's portrait: "They look at you, they see what they wanna be, they look at me, they see what they are."

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #564 on: December 18, 2021, 03:50:23 PM »

^yes I love that line
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #565 on: December 18, 2021, 04:52:58 PM »

Kanye West changed his name to ' Ye.'

"Ye"?  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
What a has been dope.

Small | Large

« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 04:59:04 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #566 on: December 19, 2021, 07:24:59 PM »

I was shocked to find Paris was the most litter-free capital city I'd ever visited. The French are selective neat freaks, scorning litter but not always being tidy when it comes to themselves. A train in Paris smells like tobacco and heavy perfumes and colognes, and here and there an unwashed scent hanging around a person, even the well-dressed, yet the trains are almost antiseptically clean.

London was dirty almost everywhere but I loved it anyway. I was once there  in the company of a local, and as I watched person after person walk along and toss down their empty wrappers and drink cans, I asked him why people did that, and he seemed surprised I'd ask, and said, "They just do."

Washington DC was very mixed, clean one neighborhood, dirty another. The dirtiest parts were not always the poorest.

Nassau was a facade that hid its real nature, looking good on the surface, but someone there told me about a dead homeless man left in the street off the tourist section for a whole day, lying there, getting stepped around, no one caring to get him off the sidewalk, and that was probably the real Nassau.

Wellington, New Zealand was decently clean, Ottawa was cleaner than DC, Brasilia surprised me by being tidier than I'd figured it'd be, but in Brazil all the public services seemed to operate on bribes.

Ankara was amazing. Well-scrubbed and filled with polite locals who seemed personally honor-bound to be as nice as possible to a guest in their nation. Turkey was not at all what I was expecting.

Dublin though was always a  litter-strewn s**thole when I'd slip across there every summer with my grandfather and see the wonderful museums. The trash that lay all over Dublin, especially north of the river, that bore out all the scorn my west country grandmother ever heaped on it.

I'll not speak of other the other capital I visited because if I put a name to it, few would believe I'd truly been there.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #567 on: December 19, 2021, 10:59:09 PM »

I remember being very impressed with how clean and neat Tokyo was.  The Japanese don't like litterbugs at all.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #568 on: December 21, 2021, 12:10:12 AM »

Malroux, an art critic, is I think the one who made sure Paris stayed clean via constitutional type order.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #569 on: December 21, 2021, 04:30:45 PM »

I always get a little depressed on the winter solstice, because it means days are getting longer.

I like night.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 85
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.