Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:58:59 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 83
Author Topic: Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection  (Read 205262 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #570 on: December 21, 2021, 07:41:31 PM »

TV's not just playing reruns, it's playing the same reruns.....
Makes me wonder how my step dad's doing.,..
He had to go into the hospital yesterday, & I'm now wondering how he's handling hospital TV....

His son lost his father in law last week, so I'm sure things, uh...
I'm at a loss for words.....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #571 on: December 22, 2021, 03:28:34 PM »

I'm hungry & I gotta go real bad, & I just spent the last hour watching a live video of some fat broad chipping the solder off a one-hundred & forty year old lead box......

So far, a few books & some envelopes with water damage..........

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #572 on: December 22, 2021, 04:30:13 PM »

^ So- you been on the toilet eating and s**tting for an hour watching someone opening a box?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus

« Reply #573 on: December 22, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »

^ So- you been on the toilet eating and s**tting for an hour watching someone opening a box?  Question

No, I was waiting for the woman to open the damned box so I could get up & do those two things.......

The press kept saying there was gonna be some fancy s**t in that box, but it was just some water damaged books......

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #574 on: December 22, 2021, 04:45:22 PM »

Well, that sucks.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus

« Reply #575 on: December 24, 2021, 08:44:39 PM »

Every time one my conservative friends posts LGB (for "Let's Go Brandon"), II can't help wondering what they did with the TQ, y'know, for LGBTQ..........

I wonder if my conservative friends know that...........

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #576 on: December 24, 2021, 08:52:03 PM »

^ Why do you even care about all this?  Question
Is it in anyway affecting your life? Your mind-sure. But your actual life?
Has anything really changed in the last 8 years- for you?
Obama, Trump, Biden- are you not where you were 10 years ago- no matter what party was in power?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 08:54:55 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus

« Reply #577 on: December 24, 2021, 08:55:16 PM »

^It's just that LGB meant something else for ten years, and I'm REALLY bored!^

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #578 on: December 25, 2021, 03:10:10 AM »

^ When I'm really bored, I read old comic books or paperbacks or monster magazines.
I made some model kits!

It's fun, it keeps you busy, and looks cool on your bookshelf!

« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 04:09:31 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #579 on: December 25, 2021, 05:48:12 AM »

^ When I'm really bored, I read old comic books or paperbacks or monster magazines.
I made some model kits!

It's fun, it keeps you busy, and looks cool on your bookshelf!

Those look really cool  Smile Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #580 on: December 30, 2021, 07:14:13 AM »

How come so many people want to go back in time to high school? If ever I found myself back there I think I would start violently screaming, which would probably also solve the problem of my being there, but then again my high school was not like most in that it had two functions: for most there it existed to impress good colleges by putting its name on a diploma without actually demanding much more from a student than most schools would; or to create a handful of high-functioning scholars to bring academic glory onto the school and carry the reputation of the others.

I was one of the latter, existing in a pressure cooker environment so demanding and intense that most days I wanted to stand up and walk out, and once or twice actually did, which sent the staff into meetings trying to figure out why a cog in their machine was giving them a problem, and concluding it was a nut behind the wheel.

The fact they didn't kick me out revealed something amazing to me: if I gave them the results they wanted I could otherwise get away with anything else there.

Wish I'd figured that out a few grades sooner.

My schoolteacher friend says it's a shame I went there instead of a gentler school like the one where he teaches, but if I had, well, would I have known the difference without a comparison, and just have complained about that school too? I think it's my nature not to have liked school, no matter how "good" at it I seemed at the time.

Thoughts like these arise after living through a Christmas season hearing: ".... I was back at school, and felt that old familiar pain...." Though I'm pretty sure that's not what Dan Fogelberg meant. I bet his school didn't have counselors who tried to guilt trip you over getting A's instead of A+'s, though I guess they wouldn't have indulged my rejection of them my last year either because a public school doesn't live or die on reputation like mine did.

Ah, memories during new year's week.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 07:16:43 AM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #581 on: December 30, 2021, 07:45:04 AM »

How come so many people want to go back in time to high school? If ever I found myself back there I think I would start violently screaming, which would probably also solve the problem of my being there, but then again my high school was not like most in that it had two functions: for most there it existed to impress good colleges by putting its name on a diploma without actually demanding much more from a student than most schools would; or to create a handful of high-functioning scholars to bring academic glory onto the school and carry the reputation of the others.

I was one of the latter, existing in a pressure cooker environment so demanding and intense that most days I wanted to stand up and walk out, and once or twice actually did, which sent the staff into meetings trying to figure out why a cog in their machine was giving them a problem, and concluding it was a nut behind the wheel.

The fact they didn't kick me out revealed something amazing to me: if I gave them the results they wanted I could otherwise get away with anything else there.

Wish I'd figured that out a few grades sooner.

My schoolteacher friend says it's a shame I went there instead of a gentler school like the one where he teaches, but if I had, well, would I have known the difference without a comparison, and just have complained about that school too? I think it's my nature not to have liked school, no matter how "good" at it I seemed at the time.

Thoughts like these arise after living through a Christmas season hearing: ".... I was back at school, and felt that old familiar pain...." Though I'm pretty sure that's not what Dan Fogelberg meant. I bet his school didn't have counselors who tried to guilt trip you over getting A's instead of A+'s, though I guess they wouldn't have indulged my rejection of them my last year either because a public school doesn't live or die on reputation like mine did.

Ah, memories during new year's week.

I've always felt sorry for people who think that your school days are the best ones of your life. Imagine the rest of your life being an anti-climax.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #582 on: December 30, 2021, 09:51:13 AM »

I've always felt sorry for people who think that your school days are the best ones of your life. Imagine the rest of your life being an anti-climax.

I went to an English Public School from 1980 - 1984: a school founded on EPS principles in my hometown where you had to wear ties, a suit in the winter and even a straw basher. It was both the best and the worst of times: some of the teachers were brutal bastards, some were nasty and some were just plain bad.  Buggedout

The only good thing I got there was a good education, despite the teachers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaplin_High_School
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 09:53:54 AM by Trevor » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #583 on: December 30, 2021, 09:52:49 AM »

I went to an English Public School from 1980 - 1984: a school founded on EPS principles in my hometown where you had to wear ties, a suit in the winter and even a straw basher. It was both the best and the worst of times: some of the teachers were brutal bastards, some were nasty and some were just plain bad.  Buggedout

Did you divide up into houses?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #584 on: December 30, 2021, 09:58:46 AM »

I went to an English Public School from 1980 - 1984: a school founded on EPS principles in my hometown where you had to wear ties, a suit in the winter and even a straw basher. It was both the best and the worst of times: some of the teachers were brutal bastards, some were nasty and some were just plain bad.  Buggedout

Did you divide up into houses?

Yes, we had both girls and boys houses. I was in MacDonald and our sister house was Hamilton.

I will never forget MacDonald winning the interhouse sports in 1982: that was a surreal day. At one point, we became aware that we had a chance of winning the competition and then, the unthinkable happened. We won. We were screaming, crying, hugging each other and I remember after we took a lap of honor around our track, I sat down in the stands and cried: tears yes, but happy tears.  Smile

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 83
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.