Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:21:23 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Facebook « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 8821 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: August 31, 2021, 10:59:41 AM »

Are you a member?
 Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 11:08:37 AM »

Are you a member?
 Question

I was, haven't been on there in a long time. Some of my family members started getting on my case about Mom, I told them to f**k off as I was genuinely doing my best for her and I haven't gone there since.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 11:12:45 AM »

I haven't been on there in a couple years.
I don't miss it.
Such an influx of moronic s**t. I found no use for it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 04:36:24 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 11:57:04 AM »

I signed up in 2009, deleted my account 6 months later, signed up again in 2010.

I have always been indifferent with Facebook. I'm not the social media type, I don't like to be the center of attention, I don't really need a platform for my musings, opinions  and whatever. I used to follow celebs and music artists that Interest me but unfollowed all because it got boring. I usually don't do groups, but I did join a 1980s music group a few months ago. It was fun first but got repetitive fast because people post the same popular 1980s songs over and over.

I used to list my favorite movies until one day I noticed Facebook was promoting the Point Break remake with my name attached in mine and my friends feed. It said I like the 2015 Point Break and it is hitting theaters soon. Facebook swapped the 1991 Point Break from my list and replaced it with the remake. I was p**sed. I tried to delete it from my list but Facebook wouldn't allow it because it was part of an ad I think? I then tried to block the Point Break remake Facebook page but couldn't again. Then I changed all my likes to private, which seemed to work as the Point Break remake ad with my name didn't show anymore. After that I deleted everything from my likes and profile. It wasn't until 3 months later I was finally able to delete the Point Break remake from my likes, which was the last remaining title. I've kept my profile and likes empty ever since because of Facebooks odd manipulations. They pulled the same stunt with the Ghostbusters remake one year later.

I don't really have much use for Facebook except for keeping in touch with longtime friends from the states. Most of the people I know personally don't use Facebook anymore, everybody is on WhatsApp.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 09:47:42 PM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 12:22:40 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/greg.smalley.9/

and

https://www.facebook.com/366-Weird-Movies-92771755974

(ya'll can like that second one if you'd like)

I resisted for a long time, but I needed to get on for 366 Weird Movies. Twitter, too. Now I check it out every weekday during lunch. It does allow me to connect/interact with a couple of old friends I would fall away from without it. The key is to not respond to every stupid post/comment you see or you'll drive yourself crazy!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 12:35:54 PM »

I am on it. Mostly for keeping in touch with friends and family around the world. I think I more often post memories up than actual new stuff though.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 01:10:40 PM »

Yes...
For some reason, I usually don't hear from friends & family, mostly from the groups I'm in....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 01:19:46 PM »

Yes.  I can keep in touch with family and most people I know all in one place.  I have a page for my business and a couple for  volunteer organisations I am involved in.  Works for me.    🤷

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2021, 05:56:04 PM »

I found it very weird. People I knew in high school.
f**k all them.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 06:56:43 PM »

I'm very active there, doing my part to bust the chops of those who post lies and conspiracy theories, promoting my books, keeping up with family and former students, and liking almost every picture of cats and snakes that gets posted!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 07:18:26 PM »

I miss peeps like Rev, Newt, Indy, AHD, Alex, Barri on FB where I can post funny stuff but I can do that here too.

Of late, a friend of a friend on there - no one from here - attacked me personally. This person said "You should not disparage the day that the former apartheid country of South Africa found unity in the game of rugby in 1995: you should also chill out and stop being such a pedantic smarty"  Buggedout

I can't believe I just typed all that out: I was showing how inaccurate the movie Invictus was regarding the events that led to SA winning the 1995 Rugby World Cup, not the actual events on that wonderful day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Rugby_World_Cup_Final

That made me feel I didn't want to be on FB much anymore so I left not long after.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 07:23:27 PM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2021, 09:02:26 PM »

I found it very weird. People I knew in high school.
f**k all them.

I once out of boredom ran all the names of my former classmates through Facebook. Not a single one showed up. I tried the same with childhood friends, only one showed up. He had moved away many years ago, was married and had children. I didn't contact him. Years later I found out that most of my former classmates use a place called stayfriends.de. Out of curiosity I signed up with a fake name just to see who was there. I had tons of friends when I was in school, but not one of them was from my class. Weird huh? I was only contacted once for our 10 year reunion. I never went to any reunions. When I was finished with school it was a closed chapter, and since I wasn't close friends with any of my classmates, why bother?

Is it October yet?
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 09:59:59 PM »

I'm on it. Basically I use it as a bulletin board to post stuff I think is cool/funny/interesting. No religion, no politics, and for damn sure nothin' about my job.

If hackers/identity thieves are gonna get hold of my personal info from FB, all they're gonna find out is what albums I listened to while walking my dog.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2021, 10:43:50 PM »

yup

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2021, 11:27:15 PM »

I belong.  I go to it when I get notices that today is some friend's birthday.  I look at posts when I get notices.  I am not active.  Fnckfacebooger. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Facebook « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.