Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:43:02 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 146
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 225507 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1200 on: January 22, 2023, 11:04:57 AM »

Sorry, Eastenders, but if someone is "all mouth," how is there room for him to also be "trousers"? This seeming contradiction often kept me awake at night as a child, but I pretended it was jet lag.

The saying is "All mouth and no trousers". Did you possibly mishear it?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1201 on: January 22, 2023, 11:09:57 AM »

Sorry, Eastenders, but if someone is "all mouth," how is there room for him to also be "trousers"? This seeming contradiction often kept me awake at night as a child, but I pretended it was jet lag.

The saying is "All mouth and no trousers". Did you possibly mishear it?
No, at least on there they'd say Lofty was "All mouth and trousers." Maybe there are two sayings. (Just lookedi t up and there are entries for both ways of saying it. It means superficial.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1202 on: January 23, 2023, 09:03:58 AM »

Went to the Salvation Army store last week to buy some toilet seat covers and ended up leaving with a book called Chelsea, Chelsea Bang Bang, by Chelsea Handler, about whom I knew little, and I'm right now fifty pages in and I can't decide if she's a role model, or the worst human being not born in 1890s Austria.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1203 on: January 24, 2023, 07:40:43 PM »

Still reading Chelsea Handler's books, still not sure how I feel about her. One minute I'm cheering in her corner, the next I feel like closing the cover and walking away. Although I don't have it, I understand she wrote a book about her one night stands. If I wrote a book about my one night stands there'd be no inside pages. I wonder if that's something I've missed out on? To me it seems vaguely yucky, to be honest, to meet someone you don't know and roll the dice on having sex with that person? Too many what ifs there, too many unanswered questions, too many impersonal feelings. But then again I've been told there's something of a demisexual in me. Is that accurate? I don't know, like Popeye I yam what I yam, but the more I think about Chelsea Handler's sex memoir, the more I am morbidly curious to read it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1204 on: January 25, 2023, 02:31:36 AM »

Still reading Chelsea Handler's books, still not sure how I feel about her. One minute I'm cheering in her corner, the next I feel like closing the cover and walking away. Although I don't have it, I understand she wrote a book about her one night stands. If I wrote a book about my one night stands there'd be no inside pages. I wonder if that's something I've missed out on? To me it seems vaguely yucky, to be honest, to meet someone you don't know and roll the dice on having sex with that person? Too many what ifs there, too many unanswered questions, too many impersonal feelings. But then again I've been told there's something of a demisexual in me. Is that accurate? I don't know, like Popeye I yam what I yam, but the more I think about Chelsea Handler's sex memoir, the more I am morbidly curious to read it.

If it helps any, most of the one-night stands I've had were with women I knew quite well and we just had sex for fun. I once had a one-week stand where we travelled the country, staying at hotels and having sex in all sorts of places.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1205 on: January 25, 2023, 11:00:06 PM »

Men are simple creatures, not unlike dogs.
All they really require to be happy is to be fed, snuggled, and reassured that they are, in fact, a good boy.
Women, on the other hand, are much more complex - a riddle wrapped inside a mystery tucked into an enigma and then stuffed down the barrel of a bazooka aimed at you by a crazed terrorist shouting threats in a language that is not of this earth.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1206 on: January 26, 2023, 01:01:43 AM »

Jen Kirkman who used to be on Chelsea Handlers tv show, was the singer in my band in high school. She dated my best friend (the bass player) and ultimately hated my guts, typing and sending 3 page long letters detailing all my apparent problems. She wasn't very funny either
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1207 on: January 26, 2023, 08:46:15 AM »

May The Farce be with you all today!

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1208 on: January 26, 2023, 03:08:04 PM »

It's been an interesting month this month has been.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1209 on: January 27, 2023, 05:40:08 PM »

I've long noticed watching faith healers go through their schtick gives me an ASMR effect. Bob Larson's exorcism shows can do that too. I was watching an old video from the '50s of Oral Roberts at some tent revival where he was healing stutters and limps, and I felt a tingle run down my scalp to my back, zoom. When the people went up so Roberts could cure their back pain and poor digestion, he'd read the prayer cards they filled out and he'd give their addresses, and I just had to stop YouTube and Bing the houses to see what they looked like today. I think I have the gift of being easily entertained.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1210 on: January 28, 2023, 07:51:49 PM »

I forgot how painful it is to stand in stilettos lol.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1211 on: January 28, 2023, 08:01:13 PM »

Switchblades hurt much less.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1212 on: January 28, 2023, 08:04:34 PM »

Switchblades aren't as cute though.

yeah no.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1213 on: January 29, 2023, 02:41:03 AM »

The worst pain is when you walk in them and one of the heels snaps  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1214 on: January 29, 2023, 09:02:57 AM »

The worst pain is when you walk in them and one of the heels snaps  Buggedout
My heels have nearly made me stumble over more yhan once.

yeah no.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.