Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilCerberus

If a vampire decided to go to medical school, would they study hematology in order to learn more about blood, or would they study psychiatry to learn more about getting into peoples' heads?
Maybe they would cross anthropology with sales & advertising......
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

ER

I used to be acquainted with a gay German kleptomaniac. Bet not many girls who grew up in '90s Midwestern suburbia could say that.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

lester1/2jr

what's with the super ostentatious cat sounds in movies? life if theres a cat in the room the microphone goes right to its face and its like " MEEEOW!" right in your ear.

ER

That's cool, but aren't all boots made for walking?

RCMerchant

^  :bouncegiggle:

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

RCMerchant

Quote from: El Misfit on October 08, 2021, 11:22:32 AM
Soft rock is my most despised music genre. I absolutely can't stand it. A graveyard at night has more life in it than soft rock has.

" I'm so lost in love, I can't live without out you..."
I don't disagree. I also hate bands that pretend to be  good rock bands. Like Limp Biscuit.
:bluesad:

http://youtu.be/gES95UtYTr0
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

RCMerchant

I wonder if ducks think we are gods if we save them from dying in an oil spill that we caused?  :question:
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

That '90s Show is coming? I'm down with that.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: RCMerchant on October 09, 2021, 06:53:06 PM
...I also hate bands that pretend to be  good rock bands. Like Limp Biscuit.
:bluesad:...

...or LINKIN PARK... or NICKELBACK...  :lookingup:
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

RCMerchant

If they ever made a 7 cent coin, it should be called a dickel.
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

A song that makes me recall a funny moment is Bullet With Butterfly Wings, because it was playing years ago while I was being bench-pressed like a 115-pound weight. Just an idea someone got, "Think I can bench-press you if you hold real still?"

"Let's see."

So as Billy Corgan warbled that he was still just a rat in a cage, I held myself rigid and was lifted toward the ceiling several impressive times in a row.

It was fun til he tickled me and I fell on him and my elbow busted his lip.

Crazy times.

ER

Death goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone.

LilCerberus

The more I learn about the business practices Horace Smith & Dan Wesson, the more it surprises me that these two didn't wind up in jail at some point during there careers....
Considering how many business partners Horace Smith & Dan Wesson left shirtless, the more ironic I find it that Volcanic Arms was bought out by a shirt maker.....
The more I learn about the evolution of Volcanic Arms, the more I can't help imagining these things turning up in some late night infomercial......
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Leah

Quote from: Allhallowsday on October 09, 2021, 10:43:50 PM
Quote from: RCMerchant on October 09, 2021, 06:53:06 PM
...I also hate bands that pretend to be  good rock bands. Like Limp Biscuit.
:bluesad:...

...or LINKIN PARK... or NICKELBACK...  :lookingup:
Sadly all three bands have more energy than a radio station that plays at work. I swear that radio station is what drives my hatred for soft rock. My manager is even more vocal on his displeasure with soft rock than me.
yeah no.

claws

Quote from: El Misfit on October 11, 2021, 09:32:50 PM
I swear that radio station is what drives my hatred for soft rock.

I feel the exact same way. I was working a few weeks in a section of our firm that had a radio station on all day. It was torture because they would repeat certain songs throughout the day and all week long. The radio station had a hard on for Westlife's Total Eclipse of the Heart, a cover version of the Bonnie Tyler classic. Funny thing is the Westlife version was never released officially as a single, but the radio station would play it 3-4 times every day for weeks. I felt violated and brain washed lol. Thanks to that radio station pushing that song (it is still on their heavy rotation list to this day. Why?) it became one of my most hated songs.
Is it October yet?