Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:11:59 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 146
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 225165 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2021, 03:05:55 PM »

The Letters of Shirley Jackson provides more true insight into who Shirley Jackson was than any biography of her I've so far read. I think I really like her.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2021, 04:30:02 PM »

The woman I've been seeing going on two years just got accepted into a master's program at NYU. She's hinting she'd like to try a long-distance thing but I don't see it working out.

They can work, but it takes a huge amount of effort and commitment from both parties.

I've never had any luck with them.

I got married through one, but yeah my previous long-distance ones were a disaster. It was a matter of finding things we could still do together, date nights where we'd start watching the same movie at the same time and chat on Skype while it was on, gaming online together etc. I was so very close to calling the whole thing off early on due to prior experience. If you do decide to go for it, then you both need to fully commit to it 110%. It takes a hellish amount of work for something that is not guaranteed to succeed. It might be better to call things off early than go through that. I am not trying to advise either way, but if you ever want to chat about how me and Kristi made things work then drop me a PM.

Whatever you both do decide, the best of luck to the pair of you. I don't envy you having to make this choice.

Thank you for the offer. Truth is, I already know I am not interested in trying another long-distance thing. I am more worried about her accepting that fact.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2021, 04:52:35 PM »

The Letters of Shirley Jackson provides more true insight into who Shirley Jackson was than any biography of her I've so far read. I think I really like her.

I have a book of her collected works, which includes many of her letters.
An amazing mind.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2021, 01:37:45 PM »

I wonder if Get Smart could be done in this day & age....
I don't just mean in the age of smart phones & guns that have built in flashlights, but also in the age of HD television....

Such as when smart was wearing a stealthy fake nose to protect him from poisonous gasses instead of a gas mask, or the fake lips to protect him from a woman wearing poison lipstick.....

I keep wondering if people would notice those those things these days.........

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2021, 04:32:10 PM »

Joyce Carol Oates' latest short story collection (knowing her she should have five more out by next week) contains a stream of consciousness tale of a Manson follower rehearsing her speech before a parole board, and even though it was fiction, as I read it I found myself thinking: may you never walk free, you wretched scum.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2021, 01:28:23 PM »

Been so warm and sunny here this week I managed to get a mild sunburn.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2021, 08:51:48 AM »

My daughter: "Why haven't more species of freshwater sharks evolved?"

Me: "Honey, God invented war, genocide, diseases, and hurricanes, but he's not THAT cruel."

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2021, 09:48:07 AM »

Me: "Honey, God invented war, genocide, diseases, and hurricanes, but he's not THAT cruel."

You could always tell her about the Bull Shark which can survive in both fresh and saltwater (as well as being the animal believed most likely to be responsible for the shark attacks that would later inspire Jaws, rather than a Great White).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2021, 11:37:39 AM »

You could always tell her about the Bull Shark which can survive in both fresh and saltwater (as well as being the animal believed most likely to be responsible for the shark attacks that would later inspire Jaws, rather than a Great White).
Ha! That is EXACTLY what we were talking about when she asked that.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2021, 11:58:55 AM »

You know, I've done things in my life that I guess would have to be considered brave, but little in a long time has required more personal courage than going with my daughter to her horseback riding these last couple months. Though I think I conceal it well, horses (i.e. long-faced assassins :-) terrify me and I don't know what the root of this fear is, present life, past life, no cause, but when I am standing there watching her happily ride these seemingly gentle and benign beasts, I have to force myself not to start trembling. Shrug.

claws
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2021, 12:47:24 PM »

Try some horse sausage. Maybe you won't fear them anymore after you ate some?

Is it October yet?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2021, 04:37:07 PM »

^ "Horse cock!"

That's a saying around here. I don't know why. Same as saying "bulls**t."

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #192 on: December 05, 2021, 09:14:50 PM »

I heard a gross, disturbing, almost funny story today. Remind me to tell you.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #193 on: December 05, 2021, 10:32:29 PM »

I heard a gross, disturbing, almost funny story today. Remind me to tell you.
Go on....

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2021, 09:24:23 AM »

You know, I've done things in my life that I guess would have to be considered brave, but little in a long time has required more personal courage than going with my daughter to her horseback riding these last couple months. Though I think I conceal it well, horses (i.e. long-faced assassins :-) terrify me and I don't know what the root of this fear is, present life, past life, no cause, but when I am standing there watching her happily ride these seemingly gentle and benign beasts, I have to force myself not to start trembling. Shrug.

Telling you, it is because of a past life experience Catherine....  BounceGiggle

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.