Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:23:56 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 146
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 225430 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #255 on: January 10, 2022, 11:28:32 AM »

So the last half-week was a blur, a total blur. I remember only bits and pieces of it.  Zoom, Friday middle of the AM to yesterday, long stretch of white-out taken to my life. Last time I ever eat discount Somalian food, buy cocaine from a guy in a trenchcoat, have a drink with Bill Cosby, work for my former bosses again.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2022, 12:43:41 PM »

Do black people became paler when they're in shock? I asked someone I know who is married to black man and he paused and said....you know, I'm not sure.

So I don't feel bad about not knowing.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2022, 01:15:10 PM »

Seems this site's been a bit quiet the last few days.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2022, 03:41:44 PM »

Good news, I'm back.  Wink

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2022, 04:12:25 PM »

Good news, I'm back.  Wink

Maybe there's a correlation.  Buggedout

I'm joking! I joke! I couldn't resist!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2022, 04:19:29 PM »

Found out today that I am heading back up to Inverness this weekend.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2022, 04:37:26 PM »

Bring us back some Inverness capes!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #262 on: January 11, 2022, 08:06:28 PM »

Over Christmas my cousin Adam called saying he was in town and asked if I wanted to get together while he was around, and I didn’t give an automatic yes, since he and I were never close, and growing up he was a psycho drug addict, whom our grandpa once threw off a balcony, but I finally said OK and I saw him and he slid into this anecdote:

Out in LA, where I went after San Diego, I had a job where I had to final-interview a lot of candidates for positions, and a woman came in and I was talking to her, and sometimes I toss out off the wall questions no one could prepare for, just to see the reactions, so out of the blue I asked her when was the last time she used a coupon on something she was buying that wasn’t for herself?

She said, “Yeah, well, in college I worked as a part-time caretaker for elderly people, through a service, and we had voucher coupons for different products on the job, so when I was there I used these all the time buying things for other people. In fact one of my clients was Paula Poundstone’s mother, Mary.”

I said, “Oh, yeah? That’s interesting. What was she like?”

“Mary was so old she didn’t say much.”

“I guess I meant what was Paula Poundstone like?”

“I’d like to say she was a terrible mean b***h, but then she’d do something to redeem herself.”

“Huh. Like what?”

“Well, one evening, because I only worked evenings, I was changing her mom’s diaper and Paula came in and yelled at me for not cleaning up a mess she herself had made on the counter. She yelled hard, like red-faced and shouting.”

“Jesus. What did you say?”

“I told her it was never my job description to clean up her house, that’s what maids were for, so any clean-up I ever did was me doing her a favor. She quieted down and said, ‘I guess so. I guess we both need a break, so after you change Mom, take a breather before you finish the counter.’”

Adam said, “You serious? She said that? She still expected you to clean up her counter?”

“Yeah.”

“And that was her being nice?”

“’Redeeming herself’ is what I said. Not ‘nice.’”

“Huh.”

“Then her mom died that winter, so I never saw Paula again.”

Adam said he didn’t hire that applicant for the job, anyway, and then he said to me, “The funny thing is weeks later I wasn’t doing anything and remembered that interview, so I looked up Paula Poundstone on Wikipedia, and it turns out her mother’s name isn’t Mary, it’s Vera, her mother is still alive, and her mother never lived in Los Angles, she lives in Tennessee.”

“No way!” I said.

“Exactly. I wonder who would lie about any of that? Working for a C-list celebrity nobody exactly adores, making up stories about it, and even claiming you did a gritty job like changing old people’s diapers? Who would do that?”

I told him, “Probably a good thing you didn’t hire her.”

“Yeah, and maybe I should’ve been locking my doors.”

I liked Adam’s story so much I invited him to the house and he gave my children presents and seemed popular, and so far none of my offspring have gotten into drugs or parental abuse as a result of his visit.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2022, 08:22:09 AM »

Bring us back some Inverness capes!

Not sure on the current exchange rate, but I'd estimate that this would be around $1000.

https://misterantony.com/product-category/black-barathea-inverness-cape/

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2022, 09:30:15 AM »

Someone told me you don't stop being young if you believe the best of life is still ahead.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2022, 11:34:20 AM »

With climate change causing a number of droughts across the world, I have discovered that the excess rain now falls on Fort William.

Seriously, there hasn't been one dry day since I got here.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2022, 10:38:07 PM »

Megan fox was hilarious in Jennifer's Body. I wish her the best with her new dorkball white rapper husband
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #267 on: January 13, 2022, 08:32:15 AM »

If you go on a vision quest and don't have a vision, is that an answer or a result?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #268 on: January 13, 2022, 10:53:14 AM »

Because I have a need to learn things, today I ended up discovering what is meant by a 'Roman shower'. Wish I didn't know now.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #269 on: January 13, 2022, 01:23:45 PM »

Because I have a need to learn things, today I ended up discovering what is meant by a 'Roman shower'. Wish I didn't know now.

"A Roman shower is a type of architecturally designed shower stall that does not require a door or curtain. These showers are often used as handicapped-accessible showers in hotels. They may also be known as "'roll-in showers.'" Not so bad, really.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.