Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:11:09 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 146
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 225288 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #765 on: July 25, 2022, 01:21:25 AM »

Looks like a warm and wet day today. Should I dress for the heat or dress for the rain?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #766 on: July 25, 2022, 07:13:19 AM »

Looks like a warm and wet day today. Should I dress for the heat or dress for the rain?
Heat. Always dress for the heat. 

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #767 on: July 26, 2022, 01:00:06 AM »

After her rampage last night, the cat is getting locked into a single room tonight. She managed to wake up everyone in the house at some point and Ash is currently sleeping in our bed, which he hasn't done for months.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #768 on: July 27, 2022, 01:10:47 AM »

A company called Restoration Games has been emailing me a lot, asking me to back a game they are reprinting. The launch of the kickstart (although it is actually on a similar site) was today, so I had a look at it. I decided that $300 was more than I was willing to pay for the game though, never mind shipping on top.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #769 on: July 27, 2022, 03:06:10 AM »

I found out today that Ennio Morricone was nominated for a Razzie for The Thing score.

Boy did they call that one wrong.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #770 on: July 27, 2022, 04:42:46 AM »

I found out today that Ennio Morricone was nominated for a Razzie for The Thing score.

Boy did they call that one wrong.

That's like giving me an award for Best Laundry  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #771 on: July 27, 2022, 05:46:43 PM »

I sense a disturbance in the force. Anyone else have the unsettling feeling something huge and bad is about to happen?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #772 on: July 27, 2022, 06:17:24 PM »

I sense a disturbance in the force. Anyone else have the unsettling feeling something huge and bad is about to happen?

I hurt my back on Monday, & I've been in a funk today.....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #773 on: July 27, 2022, 06:28:06 PM »

I hurt my back on Monday, & I've been in a funk today.....

OK, that explains it.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #774 on: July 28, 2022, 05:14:00 AM »

I hurt my right foot during the night: how the hell do you do yourself an injury while fast asleep?  Buggedout

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #775 on: July 28, 2022, 05:15:32 AM »

I hurt my right foot during the night: how the hell do you do yourself an injury while fast asleep?  Buggedout

Kristi managed to kick a wall while asleep and break her small toe. The bed wasn't even up against the wall.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #776 on: July 28, 2022, 06:03:02 AM »

Kristi managed to kick a wall while asleep and break her small toe. The bed wasn't even up against the wall.

My bed is up against the wall and I think I turned over a bit too quickly last night.

My work mentor just shrugged it off and said "You're getting old."  Buggedout Buggedout

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #777 on: July 28, 2022, 09:22:36 AM »

I had a 6:45 appointment with an oral surgeon today to have a wisdom tooth removed. He wanted to knock me out and take all my wisdom teeth out but I said no, only one is bothering me, and even it has no decay, just never came in 100% right years ago, leaning in a little too much so I'd often bitten my tongue there, and after one good solid chomp too many three weeks back, I said it had to go. (The fact I waited twenty-whatever years to get it out shows how little it bothered me.)

I asked if he'd take out the tooth without anesthetic, and he winced and asked, "Are you into pain or something?"

Not at all, but I don't react well to anesthesia, so we compromised and he gave me a low dose of it, injected by my tooth, telling me it was half what he gave most patients. I definitely experienced the extraction, which coincidentally felt exactly like a tooth ripping out of my jaw, and he rocked my head so much I wondered if my neck was going to be kinked all day (so far so good), then he cheated by giving me a last shot after the tooth was out that had a component of la-la to it, so that I not only felt no pain in the extraction site but floated with a wonderful dreamy light-headed quality for the next hour, smiling and asking the nurse who wheeled me out if she believed in love at first sight.

She said, "If you've fallen in love with me, I'll tell the doctor to market that anesthetic to single people."

It only occurred to me later that in buzzing me like that the surgeon deprived me of my cunning plan to steal my tooth from the medical waste bag he'd put it in.  I not only wanted to show my kids but I was hoping for one last tooth fairy visit.

So, I can now say I have had a dental procure done, and a minorly-major one, I suppose, but for the life of me I can't see what the big deal is about dentistry that leaves the mere mortals of the world so afraid of it.

Eeew, a wittle bit of pain....

Wimps.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #778 on: July 28, 2022, 09:31:11 AM »

Sounds like a much better experience than mine!
My first two wisdom teeth were very badly impacted and I had them removed during Navy Boot Camp.
They weren't budging, so the butcher dentist had to shatter them with a little hammer and chisel and extract them a fragment at a time with tweezers.
My mouth bled for two days, the pain was extensive, and I couldn't eat normal food for nearly a week afterward.
The other two came out once I was out in the fleet, and that dentist was great - I had very little pain or bleeding and was able to eat solid foods the next day.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #779 on: July 28, 2022, 09:54:04 AM »

I had all my wisdom teeth removed under nitrous oxide. That's the way I'd recommend having it done. Painless and pleasant.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.