Main Menu

Personal Questions

Started by RCMerchant, February 05, 2022, 11:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Powell

Quote from: RCMerchant on February 07, 2022, 02:37:50 PM
Rev- what drew you to Bad/ Psychotronic films?

A PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE screening on PBS. The idea of a movie that was so bad it was funny sounded appealing, and it turned out I loved it. Later I moved to Dallas and Joe Bob Briggs expanded my knowledge and appreciation of exploitation movies (this was when he was just a local columnist, before his TV show). A little later I bought Michael Weldon's books and I was off.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

^I loved PBS in the 70's. They played NOSFERATU, the BATTLESHIP POTMEKIN, MABUSE THE GAMBLER, The CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI and many other silent films.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ER

Hey, indy, y'ever sleep wearing socks?
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

indianasmith

Quote from: ER on February 08, 2022, 11:26:15 AM
Hey, indy, y'ever sleep wearing socks?

I'm trying to think . . . not that I can remember.   Even when it's cold, I rarely wear more than my skivvies to bed.
Maybe once, when I was camping out about 30 years ago - I do remember sleeping fully clothed that trip.
I presume that included socks.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

RCMerchant

John- do you ever chuckle to yourself when you're alone?
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Allhallowsday

Quote from: RCMerchant on February 09, 2022, 02:33:59 AM
John- do you ever chuckle to yourself when you're alone?
Often. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

ER

Anyone else here ever throw loose change into open fields and along riverbanks, seeding future artifacts for people to find someday?

Alex

Quote from: ER on February 15, 2022, 05:54:21 PM
Anyone else here ever throw loose change into open fields and along riverbanks, seeding future artifacts for people to find someday?

Can't say I have.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

RCMerchant

Never. I put it in a dish on a desk.
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Trevor

I normally chuck random loose change out of my window and then I hear "Yo! WTF is the matter with you?" from outside.  :teddyr:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Rev. Powell

Hey Alex, do Scots still eat traditional sheep-stomach haggis? Have you ever had it and if so do you like it?

Alex

Quote from: Rev. Powell on February 18, 2022, 02:16:12 PM
Hey Alex, do Scots still eat traditional sheep-stomach haggis? Have you ever had it and if so do you like it?

Yes they do (although there are other versions available), and I do enjoy it. Most people find it tastes entirely different to what they expect. I'd say 80% of the people I've seen try it from the US have liked it (normally to their surprise).
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

Hey, Rev, what do you think of Southeast Christian Church?

Rev. Powell

Quote from: ER on February 19, 2022, 06:57:15 PM
Hey, Rev, what do you think of Southeast Christian Church?

I don't think much of any Church. However, I do think that's the church my ex-addict cousin goes to and receives support that keeps him from going back to drugs, so they're good in that regard.

Also, every time we drive past it my mother says she's glad my father doesn't make her go there anymore. Neither of them have ever been inside in their lives.

ER

Somebody ask me something and I will likely answer. After all, couldn't be rougher than my little "Ask Me Anything" event last year.