Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:48:43 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 99
Author Topic: Personal Questions  (Read 102364 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #570 on: May 31, 2023, 11:34:10 AM »

. I guess root beer might be an acquired taste, but I expect Trevor didn't sample the highest quality bottle.

I bought one of this company's products: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie%27s  Not nice at all Drink TongueOut TongueOut
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 12:59:55 PM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #571 on: May 31, 2023, 12:03:06 PM »

American candy is strange. I can understand why so many of my stateside friends and family get me to bring over stuff they can't get there. Kristi once sent me a bag of Hershey's hugs and kisses. When I tried one I seriously thought this was her way of telling me I was dumped. It tasted like someone had just vomited in my mouth. Because of the adverts in comics I'd read as a kid I'd always wanted to try Twinkies and Jolly Ranchers. When I did, I pretty much spat them straight back out.

I don't know if there are any candies worse tasting than any of those, but after those experiences, I gave up trying them. Good job the cheeseburgers made up for things (we are arranging for someone to have a Pace's Countryboy Double Burger waiting for me when I get off the plane).

I don't know about candy but I once bought a bottle of root beer: ice cold on a hot day and I almost 🤢🤮😝

Agreed on Twinkies, I have always found them pretty disgusting. The Hershey's kisses might have gone bad; I can see someone not liking them, but I can't see describing them as tasting like vomit. Jolly Ranchers are a bit sour and not my favorite, but they're OK. I guess root beer might be an acquired taste, but I expect Trevor didn't sample the highest quality bottle.

I know Kristi won't touch Hershey's chocolate. Certainly, the impression I've gotten from her friends and family when they've visited was that they weren't a very liked brand. One of the local shops started selling it when some US troops got permanently based here with the P-8s. The box is still sitting there pretty much untouched (unless the boxes of them get emptied really quickly and I've only seen them just after they've been replaced) over a year later so I got the impression they weren't really that popular with anyone. I would say the hugs and kisses were the foulest-tasting sweets I have ever tried, a position that had been previously held for 20 odd years by Fishermen's Friends.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #572 on: May 31, 2023, 12:12:46 PM »

I would say the hugs and kisses were the foulest-tasting sweets I have ever tried, a position that had been previously held for 20 odd years by Fishermen's Friends.

Those lozenges taste like they've been made with run-off from my undies but they do work.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #573 on: May 31, 2023, 12:29:16 PM »

I've never liked Skittles even a little bit. Plus in college a friend left a pack in her car overnight in sub-zero weather, popped one in her mouth the next day and chipped her tooth it so so frozen solid.

Skittles do have one neat use though:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ihN8dR9N1-M

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #574 on: May 31, 2023, 12:51:56 PM »

American candy is strange. I can understand why so many of my stateside friends and family get me to bring over stuff they can't get there. Kristi once sent me a bag of Hershey's hugs and kisses. When I tried one I seriously thought this was her way of telling me I was dumped. It tasted like someone had just vomited in my mouth. Because of the adverts in comics I'd read as a kid I'd always wanted to try Twinkies and Jolly Ranchers. When I did, I pretty much spat them straight back out.

I don't know if there are any candies worse tasting than any of those, but after those experiences, I gave up trying them. Good job the cheeseburgers made up for things (we are arranging for someone to have a Pace's Countryboy Double Burger waiting for me when I get off the plane).

I don't know about candy but I once bought a bottle of root beer: ice cold on a hot day and I almost 🤢🤮😝

Agreed on Twinkies, I have always found them pretty disgusting. The Hershey's kisses might have gone bad; I can see someone not liking them, but I can't see describing them as tasting like vomit. Jolly Ranchers are a bit sour and not my favorite, but they're OK. I guess root beer might be an acquired taste, but I expect Trevor didn't sample the highest quality bottle.

I know Kristi won't touch Hershey's chocolate. Certainly, the impression I've gotten from her friends and family when they've visited was that they weren't a very liked brand. One of the local shops started selling it when some US troops got permanently based here with the P-8s. The box is still sitting there pretty much untouched (unless the boxes of them get emptied really quickly and I've only seen them just after they've been replaced) over a year later so I got the impression they weren't really that popular with anyone. I would say the hugs and kisses were the foulest-tasting sweets I have ever tried, a position that had been previously held for 20 odd years by Fishermen's Friends.

They used to be the #1 selling chocolate brand here and probably still are. They are fine, but a little boring. The chocolate bar with almonds is excellent.

I found this: https://www.quora.com/Why-do-most-Europeans-hate-Hershey-s-chocolate that may explain the "vomit" comment. Personally I can't tell much difference between Hershey's and European style chocolate. Of course dark chocolate tastes much different (and better).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #575 on: May 31, 2023, 02:26:53 PM »

Chocolate covered pecans are one of my favorite treats, but they are pricey!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #576 on: May 31, 2023, 07:45:50 PM »

I like Raisonettes and Goobers (chocolate covered peanuts.)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #577 on: June 01, 2023, 08:22:08 AM »

I try to keep my sugar intake low, so when I eat chocolate, it's almost always a high-cacao dark chocolate, but honestly, I find chocolate in general, like coffee, leaves me jittery, so I don't eat it too often.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #578 on: June 01, 2023, 04:34:48 PM »

Would you rather be eaten by a shark, or die from leprosy?

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #579 on: June 01, 2023, 05:08:10 PM »

Getting eaten by a shark is WAY cooler.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #580 on: June 01, 2023, 10:56:43 PM »

Y'all ever lie awake with insomnia late at night and watch 1950s faith healer videos on YouTube? The kind where they are all in a big tent in Oklahoma or Arkansas and the men wear tiny ties and plaid suits and the women have on little hats and lace cloths hanging over their shoulders even though it's clearly 100 degrees inside there, and the preachers have slicked-back hair and whack the faithful on the forehead with their hands and shake their cupped heads violently before shouting in tongues and asking the sick if they can hear/walk/breathe now? Those are fartin' awesome. I mean like more out there than '80s Japanimation clips. Those engross me.

Ahem. Yes, that's my question.

No, I have not been drinking but I did get stung by what looked like a flying scorpion earlier, so I may be experiencing the onset of mutant powers. Fingers crossed....

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #581 on: June 01, 2023, 11:33:55 PM »

^ Hmm. No.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #582 on: June 02, 2023, 12:52:14 AM »

I can't say I ever have.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #583 on: June 04, 2023, 09:57:08 AM »

What's a personality trait that you wish you had/had more of?

Me, I wish I was more mellow and less driven.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #584 on: June 04, 2023, 09:58:24 AM »

More self-confidence.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 99
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.