Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 10:48:54 PM
715894 Posts in 53159 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 99
Author Topic: Personal Questions  (Read 112371 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1350 on: October 24, 2023, 09:23:17 AM »

What's your favorite day of the week?

Hard to beat Saturdays!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1351 on: October 24, 2023, 09:35:51 AM »

Prior to  starting this job id have said Fridays. Now any day can be the start of my weekend.

Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1352 on: October 24, 2023, 10:09:44 AM »

Saturday mornings, I sleep late, drink coffee, catch up on my Internet reading. It's my favorite time of the week.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1353 on: October 24, 2023, 02:24:43 PM »

Mondays mainly; I don't have doctor's/therapist appointments on Mondays.

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1354 on: October 24, 2023, 06:59:44 PM »

I like Saturdays and Sundays equally.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1355 on: October 24, 2023, 11:41:22 PM »

do you get trick or treaters? i miss that here at the apartment.

don't EVEN...EVER!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1356 on: October 25, 2023, 04:40:45 AM »

^ Yes!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1357 on: October 25, 2023, 04:55:14 AM »

Is western civilization in a moral dark age?

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1358 on: October 25, 2023, 05:38:20 AM »

Not really, which is a bit of a shame.
Can you please explain this to me?

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1359 on: October 25, 2023, 06:00:08 AM »

Can you please explain this to me?

I don't think we are in a technological dark age akin to that which befell the west after the loss of Rome as a superpower, but I wonder if the term dark age is over-arching enough that it can include other forms of decline to the point that things have become "dark."

While I don't subscribe to the notion that past times were necessarily free of great evils, clearly they were not, it might be argued that each era has held virtues other eras lack, strengths and weaknesses being relative to each chapter in history, with much shared.

Right now it seems to many observers that we are in a period of either moral abandonment or moral decline to the point our civilization has tipped into a kind of interpersonal darkness. At the very least if all eras exist in a state of flux, ours does seem to be deliberately disregarding past ethics as a conscious collective choice.

I am unconvinced we are particularly better or worse than people were in any period in history but I can follow the train of thought that leads to such questions, and I do think we could both do much better, and also that we could collectively pause to consider that some of the societal morals which in the past were given higher billing than they are today were established in the fabric of a culture for the simple reason they worked, which shouldn't be forgotten.

We have far better laws against child labor than five generations ago, but we also don't seem interested in enshrining common courtesy as at the very least an ideal. We have placed materialism higher than veneration of elders, championed the good of a hypothetical collective while seemingly overlooking that a collective is composed of individuals. Never before has more information been available to so many, and never in my lifetime have I seen ignorance so openly championed, or rewarded, while intolerance has become celebrated over free expression.

Are we in a moral dark age? I don't know but I do find it a timely question to be raised.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1360 on: October 25, 2023, 07:13:26 AM »

^ I don't think so. The WWII era was much worse. As was the Crusades, where killing for Christ was common.
Also the Spanish Inquisition, the rape of the America's by Europeans, the Civil War- hell- all of history. I really can't see now as being any worse.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 07:17:04 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1361 on: October 25, 2023, 07:42:57 AM »

Not much of a dark age as per say. We're exposed to news about s**t that has been happening for a long time, it's only recently that things are being done about it. For better and for worse the Internet has redone the world, so I don't think we're in a moral dark age as much as we're f**king exhausted of seeing s**t people doing s**t things. We cheer for when karma bites them in the ass while also worrying about the innocent and how they'll cope in the present and future.

yeah no.
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1362 on: October 25, 2023, 01:22:57 PM »

Yes, but not as many as we used to.  Years ago we'd get a bunch of candy but would often have to run out to get more before the night was over.  Now we give handfuls of candy to kids and usually still have some leftover.

Maybe.  I see it as every generation will have a substantial population the rebels against previous generations simply because of an “F them” mentality – right or wrong we’re going to do the opposite sort of thing.  Sometimes it works out for progress, and other times it doesn’t.  Then there’s always another portion of that generation that embraces the previous generations and hopefully we live and learn and things even out, but only for a future generation to start flipping things on their heads again.   
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1363 on: October 25, 2023, 03:40:26 PM »

Do you think it was morally just to drop the A-Bombs on Japan?
Those were civilians. I believe it was neccisary for the US to destroy the Axis, but not moral. Nothing in war (ie. murder) is ever moral.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1364 on: October 25, 2023, 03:46:38 PM »

When you start a war, you can't then credibly complain about the retaliation. Dropping the bombs was a tough call, but how many civilians and soldiers would have died had they not?

Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 99
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.