Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:48:43 AM
713340 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 54
Author Topic: The Crazy SOB Actually Did it!  (Read 73700 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2022, 04:02:34 PM »

Oh it is very much here or there. NATO is just a convenient excuse and if he didn't have that, he'd have found another one, just like he did for the countries he has invaded that were nowhere near NATO expansion.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2022, 04:04:52 PM »

and why was it a "convenient excuse"? why was it convenient and good to use as an excuse? because it was real and happening and tangible, unlike the idea that he was going to somehow bring back the Soviet Union
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2022, 04:12:39 PM »

[ the direct cause of this conflagration is Ukraine possibly entering into NATO and the US setting up shop on russia's border.

Ukraine has been begging to join NATO for years, for obvious reasons. Ukraine wanted to join NATO so Russia would not invade, Russia wanted to invade Ukraine so it would not join NATO. Chicken and the egg.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2022, 04:29:33 PM »

Ok, let's put this in simple terms.

Putin wants all the old territory the Soviet Union controlled. In order to sell this to the Russian people he has been using NATO as a bogeyman and claiming its expansion is in order to threaten the Russian Federation (ignoring that most NATO members have seriously slashed their defence budgets since the end of the Cold War and would lack the manpower and equipment required to seriously take part in a war against it). If he didn't have this he'd have to come up with something different. Usual ways of achieving this include false flag terrorist operations, but there are other ways. Since he does have the NATO expansion though, he doesn't need to do that. Hence it is a convenient excuse for him. Ukraine has said it would like to join NATO, but NATO has never said it can. The closest has been that it (NATO) has said it (Ukraine) isn't ready to join.

He wants to retake all the territory that the Soviet Union controlled. To achieve this he has launched military operations in several of them (as mentioned previously, in countries that are nowhere near NATO countries, have not expressed an interest in joining).

Ever put some thought into why these countries want to join NATO? To get protection from exactly the stuff Putin is doing. He might claim that NATO getting closer to Russia is a threat to them, but there are areas that have been attacked and invaded many times by Russia over the centuries. Maybe if they didn't they would have more friendly countries on their borders.

He is trying to dictate to other nations what their foreign policy should be. I wonder how you'd feel if another country was telling yours what it could and couldn't do.

Let's not forget, NATO was put together in the first place as a defensive alliance (and still is) as a counter to Soviet aggression. Its members come to each other's aid if one is attacked. There is nothing in there about coming together to launch a war. The reason so many eastern European countries joined Hitler's war against the U.S.S.R. is because it had been terrorising its neighbours and stealing territory off them. What is happening now is just a repeat of what they have been doing for a very long time whether it is the Russian Empire, USSR or Russian Federation.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2022, 06:13:27 PM »

I don't know how many people I've told this, but I've always had a sneaking suspicion I'd be alive for the apocalypse.  Of all the things I've gotten wrong in my life, why did this happen to be the one it looks like I got right.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2022, 06:18:37 PM »

I don't know how many people I've told this, but I've always had a sneaking suspicion I'd be alive for the apocalypse.  Of all the things I've gotten wrong in my life, why did this happen to be the one it looks like I got right.
Agreed

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2022, 06:19:42 PM »

He has said several times he wants to rebuild the USSR.

that is neither here nor there. the direct cause of this conflagration is Ukraine possibly entering into NATO and the US setting up shop on russia's border. both sides have addressed this issue numerous times in the days and weeks preceding this

You are mistaken.  It is totally THERE.  NATO is his pretext and the assumption that the "western allies" were hollow.  NATO gets in the way of pootin  rebuilding the "evil empire".  

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2022, 06:25:33 PM »

Yeah I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2022, 06:37:45 PM »

Why it happened does not seem to be the most important issue at the moment.
They have foot soldiers on the ground; bombs are dropping.
I'm worried where this will lead. A lot of countries are p**sed. When will Putin commit some massacre that draws NATO into a foot war? I am not optimistic.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2022, 07:52:51 PM »

Ya gotta understand, Lester will never acknowledge America is right when it comes to foreign policy.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2022, 07:56:10 PM »

Ironically, if Putin successfully annexes Ukraine he will have a massive border with NATO.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2022, 10:24:12 PM »

POOtin is working off of a 20th century playbook.  It's a disaster that can only worsen.  God help the people on the ground. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2022, 10:42:02 PM »

Yeah I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

Yeh, that POOtin is a "peacemaker".  Piece of sh!t maker. 

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2022, 10:50:45 PM »

I would suggest people read Putins speech if you get the chance

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-24/full-transcript-vladimir-putin-s-televised-address-to-russia-on-ukraine-feb-24

It's mostly about Russia's relationship with NATO. He lays it all out there

President of Russia Vladimir Putin: Citizens of Russia, friends,

I consider it necessary today to speak again about the tragic events in Donbass and the key aspects of ensuring the security of Russia.

I will begin with what I said in my address on February 21, 2022. I spoke about our biggest concerns and worries, and about the fundamental threats which irresponsible Western politicians created for Russia consistently, rudely and unceremoniously from year to year. I am referring to the eastward expansion of NATO, which is moving its military infrastructure ever closer to the Russian border.

It is a fact that over the past 30 years we have been patiently trying to come to an agreement with the leading NATO countries regarding the principles of equal and indivisible security in Europe. In response to our proposals, we invariably faced either cynical deception and lies or attempts at pressure and blackmail, while the North Atlantic alliance continued to expand despite our protests and concerns. Its military machine is moving and, as I said, is approaching our very border.

.... [later]

Despite all that, in December 2021, we made yet another attempt to reach agreement with the United States and its allies on the principles of European security and NATO’s non-expansion. Our efforts were in vain. The United States has not changed its position. It does not believe it necessary to agree with Russia on a matter that is critical for us. The United States is pursuing its own objectives,

indianasmith - I liked when both Biden and Trump killed ISIS leaders.

that said let me add one thing: the whole talking point of "this didn't happen under Trump" is stupid. If Trump were president he would have launched a missile at Moscow and we'd be in a world of hurt. That guy was ignorant about how the world works and also nuts.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2022, 10:54:05 PM »

Well, we agree on Trump, too, then! LOL

I saw some moron on FB had a Bat-signal modified with Trump's profile shining in the sky, with the caption: "The Whole World Right Now!"

And I thought, how clueless can these people get? Trump was the MOST unpopular American leader abroad in decades.  He was a laughing stock, but they seem to think he's Jesus, Batman, and John Wayne all rolled into one.

It's a freaking cult.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.