Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:36:12 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 54
Author Topic: The Crazy SOB Actually Did it!  (Read 73727 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2022, 10:26:14 PM »

Trump didn't have the United states dependent on Russian oil.

The US is not dependent on Russian oil whatsoever. 7% was imported from Russia. 30% from Canada. Most of our oil comes from right here.

And you got balls to even mention Trump's name in connection with Russia, with his recent appalling comments.

Most of our oil came from "here" during the Trump Administration.
Biden shut down domestic production for green stuff that doesn't work, green stuff that is heavily dependent on polymers from oil.
[/quote/]

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD - Biden did not "shut down domestic production"!! What a crock.
U.S. production has actually INCREASED in the last year.  What he did was place a moratorium on any new drilling permits on PUBLIC land.
80% of all U.S. oil drilling is on private land, and all the promising locations on public lands got drilling permits YEARS ago.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2022, 11:01:09 PM »

^Isn't a moratorium the same thing?^ ^Besides, he doubled all the fees that US companies pay.^
And he's on record BEGGING OPEC to increase production.

Biden is also on record saying Russia would face minor consequences for a minor incursion..........

From the very beginning, creepy joe has made it clear to the world that he has no backbone, and he's made it clear to the american people that he's never had their best interest in mind

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
JuanSnz
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2022, 11:31:37 PM »

It's sad that literally we could see on a screen how a country is invaded in real time, and the only thing that we could, is acting like a color commentator on a game: saying the obvious.

Here, in Argentina, in the Capital City, C.A.B.A (Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires), El Obelisco is painted with the Ukrainian colors.

The irony, is that the official Government's statement, which didn't come from Alberto Fernandez's lips, but from a spokesman (well, spokeswoman) about the conflict, was so soft, so indifferent, just a 'we feel sorrow for what happens in Ukraine' and there is not a single word about who is the invader, and for what reason is the invasion.

It feels like the statement could be used for past or future invasion, just changing 'Ukraine' for the name of the invaded country and if it is convenient add the name of the invader.
LilCerberus

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2022, 11:56:43 PM »

I keep hearing small bits of encouragement, such as this Ukraine jet fighter that that the Russians can't keep up with, or how they passed out free guns & the people used them, setting the Russians back a bit...

But it's still sad.
It seems nobody wanted this but Putin.
Even the Russian people didn't want it....

I hope Biden doesn't get us involved, just keep trying more sanctions.....

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2022, 10:30:46 AM »

It seems that the Russian invasion is not going as well as they had planned and the basic day one objectives have not been met. Good for the Ukrainians. I did like their president's alleged reply to an offer to evacuate him (I don't need evacuation, I need anti-tank shells).

Russia has issued a threat to Finland after in response to Russia's illegal invasion of the Ukraine, their Prime Minister has suggested they will apply for full NATO membership before the next election and some reports suggest Russia is massing troops on Poland's border. One UK minister has already said that if one Russian soldiers boot sets foot on NATO soil then it is war.

For the moment I suspect everyone will stick to sanctions which are a good way of pretending you are doing something, while not really doing anything. China has already lowered its trade restrictions with Russia to counter the already quite weak western sanctions. Maybe if Russia is prevented from accessing SWIFT, it might do something to hurt them, but it still won't change their course.

I wonder at what point people will really stand up against a tyrant?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2022, 11:02:13 AM »

Russian warship, go f**k yourself.

https://youtu.be/6Y2iVHUMZhg

And hey, my friend's still alive as of 6 minutes ago!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JuanSnz
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2022, 11:07:14 AM »

Well, Russian people have a lot of reasons to kick him, especially the Women Rights movements, and the LGBT+ communities, but mostly of the opposition's leaders, are in jail.

Finland is the other country that has a past with Russia. There is a infamous moment when Molotov said, during the Winter War, that the Soviets are not bombing Finland, they are just dropping food for the people  Lookingup
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2022, 12:02:14 PM »

For the moment I suspect everyone will stick to sanctions which are a good way of pretending you are doing something, while not really doing anything.

I wish I could shake the feeling that Ukraine is being sacrificed on some sort of political altar.  Putin simply does not play by the same rules as the rest of the world seems to expect.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2022, 12:10:25 PM »

For the moment I suspect everyone will stick to sanctions which are a good way of pretending you are doing something, while not really doing anything.

I wish I could shake the feeling that Ukraine is being sacrificed on some sort of political altar.  Putin simply does not play by the same rules as the rest of the world seems to expect.

So far he is just pulling the same kind of crap guys like Hitler and Stalin did. He will continue until someone stands up to him. Let's just hope they do it before it is too late. You'd think people would learn from history but apparently not.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2022, 03:15:16 PM »

^ History? Who reads anymore if it's not in a tweet?  Question
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 03:17:23 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2022, 04:36:33 PM »

So far he is just pulling the same kind of crap guys like Hitler and Stalin did. He will continue until someone stands up to him. Let's just hope they do it before it is too late. You'd think people would learn from history but apparently not.

The problem with putting boots on the ground is it's a short slide from there to nuclear war. That would be game over for all of us!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2022, 04:42:31 PM »

What is another word for bed-pan? 

Poo-tin.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2022, 04:49:33 PM »

Trump was giving The Ukraine weapons, now ALL of their neighbors are supplying weapons....

That's what we should be doing, like when Reagan gave weapons to Afghanistan when The Soviets invaded...

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2022, 05:01:32 PM »

^ well, considering recent history, we might have been better off with a communist Afghanistan being paid for and administered by Russia

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/26/us/politics/ukraine-europe-refugees.html?referringSource=articleShare  

"For Ukraine’s Refugees, Europe Opens Doors That Were Shut to Others

Thousands of Ukrainians will end up in countries led by nationalist governments that have been reluctant to welcome refugees in the past."

lets demonize people taking in refugees. nice angle!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 05:04:50 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
LilCerberus

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2022, 05:23:41 PM »

^ well, considering recent history, we might have been better off with a communist Afghanistan being paid for and administered by Russia

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/26/us/politics/ukraine-europe-refugees.html?referringSource=articleShare 

"For Ukraine’s Refugees, Europe Opens Doors That Were Shut to Others

Thousands of Ukrainians will end up in countries led by nationalist governments that have been reluctant to welcome refugees in the past."

lets demonize people taking in refugees. nice angle!

I can't read this article.
It says I need a subscription.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.