Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:59:10 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 54
Author Topic: The Crazy SOB Actually Did it!  (Read 73757 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2022, 07:47:01 AM »

Rev, how is your friend doing now? Hoping things have calmed down in Kyiv with the Russian withdrawal and redeployment.

Sadly (but not unexpectedly), I've been told that for reasons directly connected to my job I can't host a Ukrainian refugee, but we are still doing what we can to help out, sending over medical supplies and whatnot.

Since the Russians withdrew and they stopped bombing nightly, things appear to have returned to more of a normal routine. People are getting out more and socializing. Of course, every now and then they lob a few missiles her way.  Bluesad

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #316 on: May 02, 2022, 04:10:39 PM »

One of our idiotic politicians here has now decided to go to the Ukraine on a "fact finding mission" 😳🤧💩😝

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2022, 04:24:03 PM »

and the 2022 Darwin Award goes to ...

Is it October yet?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #318 on: May 02, 2022, 04:27:05 PM »

I didn't read the article, but I saw something about Angelina Jolie visiting and being caught up in an air raid.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #319 on: May 02, 2022, 05:42:26 PM »

One of our idiotic politicians here has now decided to go to the Ukraine on a "fact finding mission" 😳🤧💩😝
I think the word is "gek"?  (Is "bossies" offensive?)

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2022, 01:51:28 AM »

and the 2022 Darwin Award goes to ...

TeddyR TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #321 on: May 03, 2022, 01:53:09 AM »

I think the word is "gek"?  (Is "bossies" offensive?)

Gek is right: it means mad or crazy, while bossies [bushies] dates back to the war in Angola: many veterans of that war suffer the bush curse which is akin to PTSD.

For context, this is the idiot politician:

https://ewn.co.za/2022/05/02/what-are-you-doing-there-safricans-question-why-steenhuisen-visiting-ukraine

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2022, 03:20:15 PM »

My favourite moment is about the 47 seconds mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tsyBj-lMj8

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2022, 04:36:18 PM »

My favourite moment is about the 47 seconds mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tsyBj-lMj8

Y'mean the little dancing poo tin?  Hilarious.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2022, 11:21:49 PM »

interesting perspective from Dutch passenger today. He ultimately blamed Putin for the war, but pointed out that NATO really has nothing to gain by having Ukraine as a member. European take on them is mostly that they are incredibly corrupt.

He was very critical of biden, Macron, and other leaders who couldn't stop the clearly avoidable conflict  "this is what we pay them for" are they really world LEADERS if they can't rise to the occasion on such... occasions?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #325 on: May 18, 2022, 01:13:50 AM »

I agree with them being corrupt, but if your passenger can't see the value in having a country that is kicking Russia's arse in an alliance that was set up to basically defend against that same country, then there really is no hope for him.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #326 on: May 18, 2022, 07:46:33 AM »

I don't buy your passenger's premise that the conflict was "clearly avoidable."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2022, 01:29:36 PM »

kicking Russia's arse
I don't know about that

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukrainian-troops-evacuate-mariupol-ceding-control-russia-2022-05-17/
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #328 on: May 18, 2022, 01:39:56 PM »

We're also running out of those javelin missiles, as well as stinger missiles.....
Lockheed Martin says it will take at least two years to resupply the number of javelins that have been used in Ukraine, and the stingers they've been using haven't been made in over a decade & the components are no longer available....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2022, 01:57:24 PM »

PMSL, did you actually read that article before posting it?

With lines like
More than 250 Ukrainian fighters surrendered to Russian forces at the Azovstal steelworks in Mariupol after weeks of desperate resistance, bringing an end to the most devastating siege of Russia's war in Ukraine and allowing President Vladimir Putin to claim a rare victory in his faltering campaign.

(Just so you know, capturing 250 troops, is not really a big deal in this size of a war).

Even as the Kremlin prepares to take full control of the ruins of Mariupol, it faces the growing prospect of defeat in its bid to conquer all of Ukraine's eastern Donbas because its badly mauled forces lack the manpower for significant advances

A few thousand defenders held up 5 full combat units for how long? Surrounded with no fresh supplies, no hope of reinforcement, defending a steelworks and holding up 5 full Russian combat units, tying up manpower the Russians badly need elsewhere. If you want to know what kind of effect a defeat like that can have, well I'll assume you are familiar with the story of the Alamo. I am willing to bet that the defenders of that plant will become legends in their country for holding out for so long against those odds.

Thanks for posting an article that backs me up on the Ukrainians kicking Russia's arse though. Not that I needed it, but thanks anyway.

In more good news for Ukrainian forces, they have pushed Russian forces outside of their country and reached the Russian border. This war has a long way to go and everything could still all change. Even if Ukrainian forces still keep winning, they will still experience setbacks like Mariupol but it is nice to see the good guys winning at the moment.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.