Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:41:59 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54
Author Topic: The Crazy SOB Actually Did it!  (Read 73728 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #480 on: November 10, 2022, 06:42:33 PM »

Some humbly offered advice, ralfy. Your posts are unfocused because they go everywhere. Maybe you could concentrate your reply in a single post that summed up your thoughts instead of trying to play tag with everyone, and thereby appearing scattered as to what ideas you want to convey on the topic of the bats**t atrocities of Russia's maniacal dictator.

It's actually the opposite: my arguments are very clear and focused.

The gist is that the U.S. is owned by the rich, and the U.S. government that works for it uses neoconservatism (as seen in the military industrial complex) and neoliberalism (as seen in IMF-WB structural adjustment policies) to make sure that the global economy continues to use the dollar as a reserve currency. The reason that's needed is because the same use is the only thing that allows the U.S. to maintain four decades of heavy borrowing and spending.

Neoconservatism involves the use of a heavily funded military to set up over 800 military bases and installations worldwide to coerce, destabilize, and even bully others, as well as encircle rivals like Russia and China.

The problem is that not only Russia and China but also Brazil, India, South Africa, and over forty countries have become stronger economically and are answering back.

That's why many of them, including U.S. allies like Saudi Arabia and Israel, refused to follow the U.S., and plan to continue trading with Russia. The same goes for countries like Singapore, Malaysia, and others in Asia.

Why are they doing that? It's probably because they understand what happened to Ukraine from 2004 onward, when the U.S. manipulated Ukraine through coups and economic deals. There are more points from this 2015 lecture:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Well goddamn, I think it's terrible that you have all the answers yet aren't running for President so you can fix the f**king world.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #481 on: November 10, 2022, 11:36:08 PM »

most of the wealthiest counties in the US are in Virginia and Maryland because that's where the military industrial complex is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-income_counties_in_the_United_States

its all a scam, a clever method of moving money from the continental US to  DC
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:02:47 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #482 on: November 11, 2022, 01:00:38 PM »

Even if you guys are 100% right about the military industrial complex, it doesn't change the Russians from the bad guys into the good guys in this particular scenario, or make Putin's decision to invade a rational one.

If a drone hits the apartment where my Ukrainian friend lives and kills her, I'm not blaming her death on the West.

If my Russian friend mysteriously disappears forever after making a Facebook post criticizing the "special operation," I'm not blaming the West.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #483 on: November 11, 2022, 02:41:41 PM »

Even if you guys are 100% right about the military industrial complex, it doesn't change the Russians from the bad guys into the good guys in this particular scenario, or make Putin's decision to invade a rational one.

If a drone hits the apartment where my Ukrainian friend lives and kills her, I'm not blaming her death on the West.

If my Russian friend mysteriously disappears forever after making a Facebook post criticizing the "special operation," I'm not blaming the West.

Dig it!

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #484 on: November 11, 2022, 03:12:01 PM »

Who you blame or what you believe is besides the point, objectively speaking

« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 03:17:54 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #485 on: November 11, 2022, 03:26:27 PM »

Who you blame or what you believe is besides the point, objectively speaking

Ditto for you.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #486 on: November 11, 2022, 03:29:10 PM »

I mean my Dad was in Vietnam. i wouldn't blame him if he hated Vietnamese people but he doesn't, he hates the people who put him there. Sometimes the thing thats right in front of you isn't the real problem.

Aim for the puppeteer not the puppet as I believe Malcolm X said

that said, I certainly hope your friends are okay
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 03:35:25 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #487 on: November 11, 2022, 06:58:11 PM »

Well goddamn, I think it's terrible that you have all the answers yet aren't running for President so you can fix the f**king world.

I'm not sure, but I think I shared one documentary from Pilger related to this incident. Just in case I didn't, here it is:

"The Coming War on China"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

There's an interesting point given by one Chinese expert interviewed in it. He said the main difference between China and the U.S. is that the ruler of China is the Communist Party while the ruler of the U.S. is Wall Street.

That's why, as another documentary puts it, everything is a rich man's trick:

which should not be surprising if the world economy is essentially controlled by the rich:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21228354-500-revealed-the-capitalist-network-that-runs-the-world/

In which case, the one who becomes President will likely not fix the world but continue working for those who call the shots.
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #488 on: November 11, 2022, 07:05:41 PM »

most of the wealthiest counties in the US are in Virginia and Maryland because that's where the military industrial complex is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-income_counties_in_the_United_States

its all a scam, a clever method of moving money from the continental US to  DC

The bulk of the economy is controlled by a few:

https://economics.princeton.edu/working-papers/top-wealth-in-america-new-estimates-and-implications-for-taxing-the-rich/

That's why around 90 pct of media are controlled by six corporations, a large chuck of assets managed by only three, and even food processing, pharma, etc., are mostly owned by a few.

Since the 1960s that economy has been increasing dependent on borrowing and spending as the country reached late capitalism. That's why debts have been soaring, and much of it needed to support even the same MIC and pay for a very expensive military.

Given that, even an unwary public will wonder why they are being asked to pay for something that's not needed. That's why the media has to show them that the U.S. has lots of enemies and that the country has to be aggressive in countering them. As one ex-general in this short video put it, when all one has is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail:

ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #489 on: November 11, 2022, 07:11:58 PM »

I think it's because the situation isn't as simple as most thought. In this case, the context of the invasion might be seen in this:

The implication is that the West was manipulating Ukraine to side with it while it continued demonizing Russia and even countries like China. How is this connected to the MIC? Because the only way to justify very high military spending is war.

Finally, that history of manipulation and more is extensive:

https://sites.evergreen.edu/zoltan/interventions/

One can argue that this is expected of "crazy SOBs" like Russian "bad guys". But why did the "good guys" do the same, and most are not aware of this?

ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #490 on: November 11, 2022, 07:21:01 PM »

I mean my Dad was in Vietnam. i wouldn't blame him if he hated Vietnamese people but he doesn't, he hates the people who put him there. Sometimes the thing thats right in front of you isn't the real problem.

About this aside, from what I remember, the Vietnamese called for elections and the Communists won. The South and the West rejected it, so the U.S. started arming the South, leading to a continuation of war. Eventually, the South fell apart.

Today, Vietnam experienced a 13.7-pct GDP growth rate last quarter, probably the highest in its history. The Philippines, which has been cooler towards the U.S., got 7.6 pct, also a record high, and all taking place even during a pandemic and war.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #491 on: November 11, 2022, 08:00:59 PM »

About this aside, from what I remember, the Vietnamese called for elections and the Communists won. The South and the West rejected it, so the U.S. started arming the South, leading to a continuation of war. Eventually, the South fell apart.

Today, Vietnam experienced a 13.7-pct GDP growth rate last quarter, probably the highest in its history. The Philippines, which has been cooler towards the U.S., got 7.6 pct, also a record high, and all taking place even during a pandemic and war.

How about on Veterans Day you give your America-bashing oh-so deep wisdom there a rest and think for a minute that not everyone shares your pessimistic cynicism, including people who loved this nation so much they served it, many at great personal cost? There's nothing so tiresome as know it all critic, and that's how you are coming off. This thread is supposed to be about the atrocious invasion of Ukraine, but your "see how smart I am" desire to speak badly about this country oozes in. Ever tried to see the glass as half-full? Ever felt any gratitude at all for people who have done and are doing their best to make other people's lives better? Any words giving credit to anything good the US has done for the world? What about those suffering right now in Ukraine (and in Russia too)? Any sympathy there? Any constructive use of  any sympathies you might have? Some of us who see life differently find endless negativity sophomoric and boring.
So, so boring.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #492 on: November 11, 2022, 08:15:48 PM »

In the case of the Ukraine War, the puppeteer is POO-TIN. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #493 on: November 11, 2022, 09:06:13 PM »

How about on Veterans Day you give your America-bashing oh-so deep wisdom there a rest and think for a minute that not everyone shares your pessimistic cynicism, including people who loved this nation so much they served it, many at great personal cost? There's nothing so tiresome as know it all critic, and that's how you are coming off. This thread is supposed to be about the atrocious invasion of Ukraine, but your "see how smart I am" desire to speak badly about this country oozes in. Ever tried to see the glass as half-full? Ever felt any gratitude at all for people who have done and are doing their best to make other people's lives better? Any words giving credit to anything good the US has done for the world? What about those suffering right now in Ukraine (and in Russia too)? Any sympathy there? Any constructive use of  any sympathies you might have? Some of us who see life differently find endless negativity sophomoric and boring.
So, so boring.

I agree with ER here, his post was a reminder that even if you believe you are right and may be to a degree you can let it go one day once in a while.  Also do we have to have SMFH here?

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #494 on: November 12, 2022, 12:42:33 AM »

Allhallows - wrong. US/ NAto is the agressor
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.