Main Menu

Unpopular TV series opinions you hold

Started by Trevor, March 06, 2022, 05:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie no.one

Quote from: Trevor on March 07, 2022, 01:53:58 PM
OK, I think this opinion will get things - underpants, shoes, small rodents (thank you, Indy) etc thrown at me.

Except for a few episodes here and there, I have never found The Big Bang Theory funny, in fact quite the opposite. The cast is great but I find Jim Parsons' character grating and too much of a know it all.

All of us here, we are all nerds (I say that with pride) but that lot on that program:  :buggedout:

There, I've said it. *Hides in bathroom*

I think you're actually being too kind here! one of the least amusing tv shows I've ever seen, to the point that it makes me angry if I happen to catch a bit by accident. just pure annoyance
please do not mock my potato.

lester1/2jr

I don't get Star Trek and pretty sure I never will. All they do is stand in front of that big screen and say stuff

Gabriel Knight

Quote from: zombie no.one on March 09, 2022, 02:25:16 PM
OK, I think this opinion will get things - underpants, shoes, small rodents (thank you, Indy) etc thrown at me.

Except for a few episodes here and there, I have never found The Big Bang Theory funny, in fact quite the opposite. The cast is great but I find Jim Parsons' character grating and too much of a know it all.

All of us here, we are all nerds (I say that with pride) but that lot on that program:  :buggedout:

I think you're actually being too kind here! one of the least amusing tv shows I've ever seen, to the point that it makes me angry if I happen to catch a bit by accident. just pure annoyance

I recommend looking for the "no laugh track" clips in YouTube for the most cringeworthy moments of your life.
Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2

zombie no.one

had a look... yeah these 'no laugh tracks' are interesting, they did one for Friends. problem is some of the laughter spills over on top of the next bit of dialogue so you can still hear it

Rev. Powell

Quote from: zombie no.one on March 09, 2022, 02:25:16 PM

Me three.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

indianasmith

well, I'm totally put off by what many people swear are two of the funniest sitcoms of all time - SEINFELD and FRIENDS.
On the other hand, I find BIG BANG THEORY endlessly hilarious.
It would be a boring world if all people had the same tastes in comedy.

See, that's easier than just saying: "You are so wrong, philosophers weep at the sound of your voice!"
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

RCMerchant

Quote from: lester1/2jr on March 09, 2022, 09:55:05 PM
I don't get Star Trek and pretty sure I never will. All they do is stand in front of that big screen and say stuff

The original series has lots of action!  But I agree on the other Trek based shows.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Trevor

Quote from: indianasmith on March 11, 2022, 11:42:06 PM
See, that's easier than just saying: "You are so wrong, philosophers weep at the sound of your voice!"

That's what most philosophers say about me anyway  :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Chuck Most

I don't think finding Big Bang Theory unfunny is all that unpopular an opinion. The majority of the "jokes" are just references (OMG HE JUST SAID BABYLON 5!!!!1!!), and the remainder are tired 90s tropes borrowed from Friends and Seinfeld dressed in stereotypical nerd cosplay. I did see one episode where James Earl Jones guest starred that was okay, but that was only because he was in it.

I never really could get into Battlestar Galactica. A Star Wars knockoff underpinned with a weird Mormon theme? Nah... I'll stick to crappy Italian movies when I need my Star Wars knockoff fix. Never mind the fact the main bad guy was a Klingon and it had a pre-A Team Dirk Benedict. Needless to say I never even gave the SyFy reboot a watch. Galactica 1980 had it's moments in a cornball kind of way. William Daniels (voice of KITT) in a clown costume? Don't mind if I do!

As an aside, I love Rick and Morty but I can't stand a big percentage of it's fanbase.

zombie no.one

Quote from: indianasmith on March 11, 2022, 11:42:06 PM
well, I'm totally put off by what many people swear are two of the funniest sitcoms of all time - SEINFELD and FRIENDS.
On the other hand, I find BIG BANG THEORY endlessly hilarious.
It would be a boring world if all people had the same tastes in comedy.

some of my closest friends have wildly opposing taste in certain things to me... just how it is. conversely there are some people I know whose passion for certain things I share, and yet I do not like them as individuals.  I don't know how this works...

p.s. never found Seinfeld funny either actually.

Cult_Moody_Movies

Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel make me miss Jay Leno.

claws

Quote from: Cult_Moody_Movies on March 16, 2022, 11:41:25 PM
Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel make me miss Jay Leno.

Jay Leno once complained that Late-Night is too Political, but it didn't stop him from making jokes about Trump.
I like Jimmy Kimmel who, according to QAnon, has been executed and replaced with a lookalike.
Kimmel keeps me updated on the QAnuts, FoxNooz, right-wing propaganda, the pillow idiot and the Trump Circus madness.
It is great comedy, like reacting to a bad movie.
Is it October yet?

RCMerchant

I like Jimmy Kimmel.
But that late at night I mostly watch TV shows about serial killers or WWII.
And really insane old movies!  :drink:
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

HappyGilmore

Never dug The Sopranos at all.  Entirely overhyped.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Trevor

Quote from: HappyGilmore  on March 22, 2022, 08:29:09 AM
Never dug The Sopranos at all.  Entirely overhyped.

Finally someone agrees with me  :cheers:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.