Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:17:57 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Jesus, Guns, Babies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Jesus, Guns, Babies  (Read 4852 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2022, 10:52:16 PM »

Certain people HAVE to carry firearms, AHD.

I do love you.  Shut up. 

Guns were designed to kill.  Now I am stating the obvious as you had.  Any discussion that was taking place was between ER and myself.  Wading in stating a reality check is "rude".  You have a double standard.  You have a double standard about suffering.  You have a double standard about Christianity.  That does not change the deep respect I have for you, a good man, though you can be self-righteous. 

Between us, John? Only conversations carried on in private meet that description. I think Indy made a good point, and I think your replies here have been impolite as well as lacking in constructive ideas. They've just been criticism of the posters.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2022, 11:04:35 PM »

So if I "disarm" and "disavow the firearm" shooting murders will end?

It must start somewhere. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2022, 11:07:21 PM »

Disarming the police isn't a solution...
Seriously, you should google what Obama had to say about this tragedy.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2022, 12:31:01 AM »

Britain ended the horror of school shootings after one single massacre 

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/a540e8b2-5a44-323a-9138-5255fb06fd51/britain-ended-the-horror-of.html

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2022, 12:42:25 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/a540e8b2-5a44-323a-9138-5255fb06fd51/britain-ended-the-horror-of.html

The thing I remember most from this is hearing one of the surgeons operating to save the wounded already knew that his own child was amongst the dead.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2022, 02:02:02 AM »

This is not about drugs. Or mental health. It's also not just disavowing guns. Guns are so deeply ingrained into some parts of American...culture. That's never going to happen. Outlawing certain guns might.
Background checks, so lunatics like the 18 year old in Buffalo can't buy assault rifles, and had a history of mental health problems. Simple fix- a better backround check would have stopped him from buying them. If he's nut's- well then he's f**king nuts. Just don't give him a f**king gun!

Another thing- blaming this on drugs. How many of the people who did these school shootings were high?
I can guarantee nobody who is high on pot will go on a shooting spree. Might watch hours of cartoons- but not go shoot somebody. Drug dealers are not walking into schools shooting kids.

The availability of combat firearms to anybody off the street is madness.
Like I said, I'm no loud mouth in office with a pocket full of NRA money.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 09:34:23 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2022, 07:34:48 AM »

The thing I remember most from this is hearing one of the surgeons operating to save the wounded already knew that his own child was amongst the dead.

The article also mentions the tennis player you had mentioned earlier in the day as having been from that town. 

claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2022, 05:18:27 AM »

Is it October yet?
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2022, 05:37:28 PM »

^ Cool.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2022, 09:39:26 PM »

The Jesus, guns, babies lady shows up in this John Oliver segment. She was polling at less than 5% in the Republican primary, she's even crazier than she looks, and the story takes a weird turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEa3sK1iZxc&t=2s

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2022, 09:50:05 AM »

When I first heard of Kandiss Taylor (the "Jesus, Guns, Babies" airhead) I thought she was an actress playing a character (ala Elvira), parodying ultra right wing conservatives. When I found out she wasn't, I was like "Wait, she's serious? This lady is for real?  Good grief."

Her campaign for Governor in Georgia's Republican primary flamed out spectactularly, by the way (thank goodness). She pulled in a hair over 3 percent of the total votes (by way of comparison, incumbent Brian Kemp raked in more than 73 percent.)  So the only way Kandiss will get near the Governor's Mansion anytime soon is if she's part of a tour group and buys a ticket.

I don't even live in Georgia, but I follow her on Facebook anyway, cuz quite frankly, she's f**king hilarious. As soon as the primary was over, she predictably started making noises that the election was "rigged" (gee, that sounds familiar, wonder where we've heard that before?) and demanding a recount.  I kinda hope she gets one, and that the new results show that she got even LESS than 3 percent, just to see her head explode. 

The comment sections on her posts are comedy gold, they're about a 50/50 split between Jesus freaks telling her "Never give up, you got this, girl!" and people with common sense telling her "Please stop, you lost, you're only embarrassing yourself and our state."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 10:01:25 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Jesus, Guns, Babies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.