Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:52:20 AM
713401 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do you still watch bad movies? « previous next »
Poll
Question: what's your preference when watching a bad movie?
TV - 7 (18.4%)
Streaming - 11 (28.9%)
Physical Media - 18 (47.4%)
Theater - 2 (5.3%)
other - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Do you still watch bad movies?  (Read 5754 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2022, 10:07:39 PM »

... In my mind a bad movie is one that isn't enjoyable to watch...

In my mind there is no consensus on what constitutes a bad movie or why anyone might enjoy such.  I find "bad" in many different films that may or may not increase my enjoyment of a film.  A film can be well made and "bad".  Conversely a badly made film can be good.  A film can be BAD for you.  Bad sometimes means enjoyment (like VELVET VAMPIRE) or just bad (MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE).   Nonetheless, a "just bad" movie comes to mind and I am eager to see this long boring un-scary cheapo drek again: "IT'S ALIVE!" (1969).   

Or has my decade and a half of going native among you led me nowhere?

Nowheresville. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2022, 11:09:41 PM »

In my mind there is no consensus on what constitutes a bad movie or why anyone might enjoy such.  I find "bad" in many different films that may or may not increase my enjoyment of a film.  A film can be well made and "bad".  Conversely a badly made film can be good.  A film can be BAD for you.  Bad sometimes means enjoyment (like VELVET VAMPIRE) or just bad (MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE).   Nonetheless, a "just bad" movie comes to mind and I am eager to see this long boring un-scary cheapo drek again: "IT'S ALIVE!" (1969).   

Nowheresville. 

I love you, John. You won me a backrub.  Cheers

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2022, 09:48:17 AM »

Nowheresville. 
I love you, John. You won me a backrub.  Cheers

Glad to know it, but I wonder who is obsessed with who?  Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2022, 10:44:28 AM »

I can't see any point to watching a "bad" movie, and I don't think most of you are into truly bad movies. From what I've gleaned in fifteen years here is that what most of you define as a bad movie actually has certain enjoyable elements that make the film good. You look past acting, plot, production, effects, and you find other things to like. Maybe a better word than "bad" is "silly." In my mind a bad movie is one that isn't enjoyable to watch, and I've seen plenty of movies ripped on here, so it's not bad movies you like, it's ludicrously silly ones of the "laughing at, not with" variety. Or has my decade and a half of going native among you led me nowhere?

You trying to dissect bad movies is like describing a food you never tasted, or doing a book report on something you never read.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 11:10:12 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do you still watch bad movies? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.