Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:37:07 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do you still watch bad movies? « previous next »
Poll
Question: what's your preference when watching a bad movie?
TV - 7 (18.4%)
Streaming - 11 (28.9%)
Physical Media - 18 (47.4%)
Theater - 2 (5.3%)
other - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Do you still watch bad movies?  (Read 5879 times)
claws
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Occidentali's Karma

« on: June 11, 2022, 11:29:24 PM »

Do you still watch bad movies?
what's your viewing preference when watching a bad movie?
Do you (still) collect favorite bad movies?

Is it October yet?
Trini
Crazy Poor Asian Valley Girl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 11:30:43 PM »

Hell yeah I still watch bad movies and collect them when and where I can. If you've got a Roku device, B-Movie TV is a godsend and I love that channel unironically
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 01:33:12 AM »

Although I still have them, since I have 2 screens on my PC I tend to stream stuff from Amazon, or watch them on my Roku (watching Jaws: The Revenge right now and if that isn't a bad movie, then I don't know what is). I remember seeing this one in the cinema when it first came out.

No wonder I so rarely pay the full price to go to the cinema anymore (it is a lot more expensive to go in the UK, than in the US, generally ending up about £20 ($25) per person).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 04:11:30 AM »

Streaming mainly, with the odd DVD. I tend only to go the movie theatre for good movies.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 08:46:13 AM »

Honestly, I watch them far less often than I used to. Still, nothing beats a good bad movie every now and then! Once or twice a month is fine (not counting MST3K/Rifftrax/The Mads, which I watch once a week).

Physical media is my preference for sure. Then streaming. Movies in theaters are almost never bad enough (although the last bad movie I saw in a theater was CATS, which was actually TOO bad). No live TV anymore.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2022, 09:21:17 AM »

I watch Tubi a lot, when I watch TV. I have a large vhs collection, but my vhs player took a dump long ago.
Yes- I still enjoy Bad movies. I just watched Ed Wood's the SINISTER URGE again. Why I don't know.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 09:23:42 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2022, 09:23:27 AM »

Depends on your definition of "bad" I guess.  My viewing habits are all over the map.

I still love digging up forgotten 60s and 70s horror/action/exploitation flicks, many of which are considered "bad" by mainstream audiences, but I find them entertaining. I have gotten pickier about what I watch, though.

I'm slso completely over the whole "bad on purpose" creature-feature fad (i.e. "Sharknado," etc.)

As far as collecting goes, I still pick up DVDs when I find 'em cheap but even then it's usually old favorites that I know will have re-watch value. Most movies are a "one watch and done" experience for me, so streaming has been the way to go for me for quite some time.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 09:29:56 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2022, 09:31:00 AM »

I'm slso completely over the whole "bad on purpose" creature-feature fad (i.e. "Sharknado," etc.)

I never liked that genre. ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES and most Troma films were  just camp junk for camps sake.  I don't like most Sci Fy channel junk.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 09:36:03 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Cult_Moody_Movies
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2022, 10:27:05 AM »

I still like a bad movies but it has to be sincere. If it's something like the Syfy Channel, Wild Eye Releasing, modern Troma, and so on; I tend to avoid it. I tend to take suggestions from places like Red Letter Media, Good Bad Flicks, or various specialty DVD/Blu-ray companies (Shout/Arrow/Severin). I also enjoy Riffrax and the new MST3K.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2022, 11:14:01 AM »

yes. don't do streaming and gave up watching any tv, but I still buy bad movies blu rays and dvd... it gets harder and harder to strike bad movie gold but I'm still finding stuff

I was just thinking the other day that if I was only allowed to watch 10 movies ever again, I'd pick 5 genuine masterpieces (to me), and 5 'bad' movies.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2022, 11:16:37 AM »

(watching Jaws: The Revenge right now and if that isn't a bad movie, then I don't know what is).

it's such a crapfest. but it's also the only JAWS movie I own  TeddyR

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2022, 11:43:54 AM »

In 2013 I assisted a client in digitizing nearly 150 of the most notoriously bad movies made in South Africa - heck, anywhere for that matter - films made during the so-called subsidy era in SA cinema in the 1980s, made around the time that films like Space Mutiny were. Knock offs of ET, The Karate Kid and Halloween abounded and these things were made by fraudulent "filmmakers" who discovered a loophole in our film laws and exploited the loopholes. Buggedout

But yes, for me, the badder the movie, the better.  Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2022, 03:27:56 PM »

In 2013 I assisted a client in digitizing nearly 150 of the most notoriously bad movies made in South Africa - heck, anywhere for that matter - films made during the so-called subsidy era in SA cinema in the 1980s, made around the time that films like Space Mutiny were. Knock offs of ET, The Karate Kid and Halloween abounded and these things were made by fraudulent "filmmakers" who discovered a loophole in our film laws and exploited the loopholes. Buggedout

But yes, for me, the badder the movie, the better.  Cheers
You had to have a see a few interesting (or horrible) ideas in all those knock-offs.  Care to share a few?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2022, 11:30:37 AM »

You had to have a see a few interesting (or horrible) ideas in all those knock-offs.  Care to share a few?

Yes indeed.

Joe Bullet (1974): the SA version of Shaft and an African James Bond. Terrible film for which its' star wasn't paid a cent and was temporarily banned, then promptly disappeared. It disappeared so well that we have a 35mm print of it and it is also on Youtube.  Lookingup

Umfana We Karati [literally The Kid of Karate]: a very lowwwww budget ripoff of the famous 1984 movie where a bullied child tells Mr Miyagi to f*** off and learns his martial arts moves from an arcade video game  Buggedout

Space Mutiny: I will spare you all any mention of this piece of space poo - filmed in a Johannesburg warehouse and photographed by a mentor of mine  Buggedout - which also uses stock footage from better sci-fi films.

The Demon: one of SA's first horror films and our version of Halloween. All I can say is "Oy" and "go here": http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,136044.0.html

Nukie: the SA version of ET: too terrible for words.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2022, 12:58:35 PM »

Space Mutiny: I will spare you all any mention of this piece of space poo - filmed in a Johannesburg warehouse and photographed by a mentor of mine  Buggedout - which also uses stock footage from better sci-fi films.

Going to watch this later tonight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL0otRR3bfs

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do you still watch bad movies? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.