Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:42:26 AM
715660 Posts in 53150 Topics by 7766 Members
Latest Member: Epiphonecbc
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Amicus Studios to return. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Amicus Studios to return.  (Read 3862 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: August 13, 2023, 12:24:27 PM »

The Hammer copycats (and I mean that in a nice way), are to return with their first movie in over 30 years.

Some of you might recognise Megan Tremethick (who plays Nemain in The Slave and the Sorcerer"

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to spread the news about this huge update! As you know, we're all enormous fans of Gothic Horror. It's the reason we initially came together to support the creation of our Gothic chiller, "Automata," also known as "The Devil's Machine."

Now, I am both proud and honored to announce that we are collaborating with the Subotsky family to revive the classic British Horror Studio Amicus. This collaboration marks their very first feature film in over 30 years—perhaps even longer, right?

Our upcoming film will be titled "In the Grip of Terror." It follows a Gothic macabre medical theme that might evoke memories of the 1972 Amicus classic, "Asylum."

While our campaign has yet to launch, I sincerely encourage you to visit and follow our campaign page. Together, we can make Horror History by reviving one of Britain's most beloved studios.

Visit the Campaign Page!

I'd be enormously grateful for your support folks, once we've hit 1200 followers, we'll feel ready to launch our film campaign which will of course, include all the stunning physical goodies you've come to expect from our team at Hex Studios.

If you'd like more information about this project, you can also read our latest newsletter

Big Hugs and Regards

Lawrie Brewster

Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 12:59:07 PM »

interesting... own all the Amicus portmanteau horrors and ASYLUM might be my fav of the bunch

at the same time not holding out any hopes for this being a return to the glory days.... didn't Hammer return with some Daniel Radcliffe thing?

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 01:13:45 PM »

interesting... own all the Amicus portmanteau horrors and ASYLUM might be my fav of the bunch

at the same time not holding out any hopes for this being a return to the glory days.... didn't Hammer return with some Daniel Radcliffe thing?

Yeah, they released Wake Wood and two Woman in Black movies. My understanding is the firdst Woman in Black was quite a big hit. I don't know if they've released anything else though.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 02:39:07 PM »

Christopher Lee was featured in the New Hammer studios the RESIDENT in 2011.
I seen it. It was...so so.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1334102/?ref_=nm_flmg_i_14_act

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 02:52:34 PM »

Hammer's return wasn't that remarkable. I doubt Amicus will do better but we shall see.

I would love to see Film Ventures International (FVI) return. They released Pieces (1982), Grizzly (1976), Mortuary (1982), Day of the Animals (1977), Mutant (1984), The Power (1984) and many more.

Is it October yet?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2023, 03:05:40 PM »

Hammer is still going. They have a new film coming out in a few weeks. I liked Wake Woods, The Woman in Black and The Quiet Ones out of their new films.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 03:08:16 PM by Alex » Logged

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2023, 03:19:01 AM »

and here's little miss obnoxiously optimistic, ME!! I AM BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS THRILLED!!!

don't EVEN...EVER!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2023, 09:18:23 PM »

Without Christopher Lee or Peter Cushing? And without producers and screenwriters Milton Subotsky and Max Rosenberg? It will be in name only, I'm afraid.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2023, 10:22:11 AM »

Without Christopher Lee or Peter Cushing? And without producers and screenwriters Milton Subotsky and Max Rosenberg? It will be in name only, I'm afraid.

sadly I agree however it's a long time since I saw a portmantau horror so if they come out with one of those I will 100% watch it anyway

the problem is that it will just be indistinguishable from anything else nowadays... hope I'm wrong about that, but that's what's wrong with the present day horror films. There's no individuality. Not like the old ones, the great ones.  TeddyR
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 10:25:49 AM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2023, 10:28:40 AM »

sadly I agree however it's a long time since I saw a portmantau horror so if they come out with one of those I will 100% watch it anyway

the problem is that it will just be indistinguishable from anything else nowadays... hope I'm wrong about that, but that's what's wrong with the present day horror films. There's no individuality. Not like the old ones, the great ones.  TeddyR

Check out Ghost Stories & Tales from the Lodge. There is another recent one that I am trying to remember the name of. It even had one of the actors who regularly appeared in the older ones.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2023, 11:29:08 AM »

Hammer's return wasn't that remarkable. I doubt Amicus will do better but we shall see.

I would love to see Film Ventures International (FVI) return. They released Pieces (1982), Grizzly (1976), Mortuary (1982), Day of the Animals (1977), Mutant (1984), The Power (1984) and many more.

What would they come up with now? They didn't produce films. They released them from independent filmmakers. They didn't make films. They had no stable of directors or actors.
Even IIP, run by Sam Sherman, with films by Al Adamson, made their own product.
And both would be in name only- just like the Hammer and Universal reboots. I suspect this will be mediocre at best.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2023, 11:40:51 AM »

What would they come up with now? They didn't produce films. They released them from independent filmmakers. They didn't make films. They had no stable of directors or actors.
Even IIP, run by Sam Sherman, with films by Al Adamson, made their own product.
And both would be in name only- just like the Hammer and Universal reboots. I suspect this will be mediocre at best.

I think Film Ventures International still has to find Edward L. Montoro who buggered off with millions of $$ and hasn't been seen since.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2023, 11:49:35 AM »

They didn't produce films.

FVI produced and co-produced: Grizzly (1976), Day of the Animals (1977), Search and Destroy (1979), The Dark (1979), The Visitor (1979), Kill or Be Killed (1980), Kill and Kill Again (1981), The Incubus (1981), Texas Lightning (1981), Pieces (1982), They Call Me Bruce? (1982), The Pod People (1983), Vigilante (1983), The House on Sorority Row (1983), Mortuary (1983), The Power (1984), Alley Cat (1984), and Mutant (1984).

Ok, now what?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:07:30 PM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2023, 02:43:08 PM »

I think Film Ventures International still has to find Edward L. Montoro who buggered off with millions of $$ and hasn't been seen since.  Buggedout

According to wiki he took $1m. That would be $2.9m today. Not really worth the hassle I think.

Is it October yet?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2023, 03:15:15 PM »

I think Film Ventures International still has to find Edward L. Montoro who buggered off with millions of $$ and hasn't been seen since.  Buggedout

According to wiki he took $1m. That would be $2.9m today. Not really worth the hassle I think.

Probably not 😳😉

Kavaliers Films here produced KILL OR BE KILLED aka KARATE OLYMPIA as well as KILL & KILL AGAIN. Both were distributed by Film Ventures International although FVI partly funded the second movie. Both great fun to watch 😎

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Amicus Studios to return. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.