Main Menu

How's the weather?

Started by Olivia Bauer, January 20, 2012, 09:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claws

It's getting colder again this week. We had quite the windstorm with heavy rainfall last night. Made for good sleeping.
Is it October yet?

Rev. Powell

Too cold and going to remain so for another 3-4 months.  :bluesad:
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Trevor

It's rained the whole day here.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

claws

Gale warning since yesterday. It's been storming since last night, with lots of rain. It is, however, very mild with 8°C. So, by the looks of it, no white Christmas.
Is it October yet?

Trevor

Trevor

Been raining yesterday and today ☔

claws

Warmest day today (11°C) since November 17th. Forecast predicting lower temps starting tomorrow.
Is it October yet?

Alex

Very chilly today. If there were more clouds I'd say we had a good chance of snow.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Rev. Powell

We're supposed to have our first dusting of snow today, but I'm skeptical. As long as it's this cold, I'm OK with a little non-blizzard snow.

claws

It's been raining all day, which I always appreciate. Temps are lingering around 7°C.

According to Weather Service, December in Germany was too warm, more rain than usual, and less sunshine than usual.

Do I ever miss the good old snow days  :bluesad:
Is it October yet?

claws

Is it October yet?

Leah

Absolutely wet; it was raining heavy yesterday and this morning. Had a lightning show at around 1:50 in the morning.
yeah no.

javakoala

We got snow. Apparently the forecast was dire enough that the office where I now work opted to send us home yesterday afternoon and are giving us a paid day off today. Awfully decent of them.

Beats the hell out of the VA call center where they only shut down once there was nearly two feet of snow on the ground, and it wasn't paid time off. Then they complained if people opted to use sick leave so their pay wouldn't take a hit.
I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.

Rev. Powell

Rain all day turning to snow overnight, with a deep freeze coming next week. They're predicting a 9-day stretch where it doesn't get above freezing!  :bluesad:

ER

What does not kill me makes me stranger.