Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:54:48 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  How to Survive a Zombie Attack « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: How to Survive a Zombie Attack  (Read 98812 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2007, 04:56:11 PM »

I think the one problem with a monomolecular wire would be weight.  However, the general idea of a weapon like that is sound.  If so, I vote for a lightsaber.  When not on it is small and light, you can thrust or slash with it, and it will go right through a body.

If bitten huh?  I guess the first thing I would try is dumping some sort of acid into the wound in hopes of burning out the contaminant.  If that would not work, well, I could cause a distraction for the rest of the group at some point to go out in a final zombie-chopping or blasting mission.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
DarkAdmiral
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007, 05:24:31 PM »

All hail the mgihty Andrew. I never expected the webmaster to post in my topic.
I also didnt expect anyone to continue this topic.

I like the idea of mono wire, but Id string it across a corridor or something in a building so that it would slice the Zombies like cheese if they broke in, Of course Id have to mark so that humans would know its there. Normal wire set up to trip Zombies would be good too, to delay them as you escape. The lightsaber would be the uber weapon for pretty much ANY close combat. But if it comes down to any kind of weapon I'm hoping to end up going werewolf, and hopefully being immune to Zombie bites. That or I hope to gain control of Hellfire. Although I wouldnt pass up the Grim Reaper's scythe (maybe I'll be lucky and my guardian angel will be the angel of death).
A mace would be a bad idea if you had something like a hammer avaible, it does the same thing and is much mroe useful. The same with any full auto weapons. I am intrigued though by the idea of wrapping a baseball bat in ductape, but I have no idea if it would help or not.

If I was bit I'm not sure what I'd do, depends if I"m solo or not. If I was solo I think I'd take a look at how the other side lives and get a bullet proof helmet and an abestos suit.

Thank Puppet Master for bringing me here since May 27, 2002.
The greatest power of all is knowledge. And laser eye-beams.
Fairness Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked in jet engines.
IdiocyNever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Brain
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 08:14:25 AM »

I like the idea of the wire tripping Zombies or slicing them, but myself I'd just build a pit for them to fall into on the main entryway.
I understand the helmet but why the abestos suit?

On the baseball bat some (2) people Ive talked to said it would maybe hold it together longer but woulod maybe make it so that it wouldnt produce much sound if hit against something, silence it basically. Not for hard swinging hits of course but like if it fell on the floor.

On anotehr note I found this topic on another site and one of the people said that he would git a giant metal sphere/ball cage and travel in that, if the Zombies attacked. I could see that working like a giant hamsterball, until he did what my hamsters did and roll of a high place.
Panic_Attack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2007, 11:32:11 AM »

The pits should be used away from your location so that they don’t fill up with Zombies and form a bridge.

I just had the mental image of a zombie tripping on other zombies.  TeddyR
brain
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 08:15:31 AM »

The pits should be used away from your location so that they don’t fill up with Zombies and form a bridge.

I just had the mental image of a zombie tripping on other zombies.  TeddyR

Yeah that would proably happen until the formed a high enough ramp and the other zomvies just go sledding off them.

Question for the maker what should we do for fast ones?
DarkAdmiral
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2007, 05:40:32 PM »

Find an airship/blimp or armored vehicle and haul ass for a both gender military base and hope they let you in.

Brain
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2007, 08:08:06 AM »

Find an airship/blimp or armored vehicle and haul ass for a both gender military base and hope they let you in.
Yeah you dont want to end up in one like the one in 28 Days Later.
Questonia
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2007, 08:09:56 AM »

Why a blimp?
And whats an Airship?
brain
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2007, 08:06:41 AM »

Why a blimp?
And whats an Airship?
An airship is another form of blimp, I think it has a frame inside.
As to why youd want one I have no idea.
Maxxy
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2007, 04:32:34 PM »

A blimp or airship combines the longevity of a balloon and the landing any capabilities of a helicopter and the controll of an airplane. Basically you can land anywhere, control your destination, and stay in the air longer, it is essentially a flying, well floating anyway, fortress.
DarkAdmiral
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2007, 08:16:17 AM »

A blimp or airship combines the longevity of a balloon and the landing any capabilities of a helicopter and the controll of an airplane. Basically you can land anywhere, control your destination, and stay in the air longer, it is essentially a flying, well floating anyway, fortress.
Correct, you must have read "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks. If you had to travel by air the blimp would be the way to go, for land you should use a bike or dirt bike and water you should use whatever your comfortable with within reason and with caution.
The guide is very well done but there are a few things I dont quite agree with especially the tight clothes being the best armor, leather or maybe some football gear would be able to keep the Zombies from getting a bite at you right away, and would not noticably affect your overall speed.

venomx
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007, 11:10:33 AM »

You did a great job on this "The Zombie Survival Guide" ... DarkAdmiral  Thumbup
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2007, 02:40:23 PM »

why not just find a boat?  Zombies can't swim.

Brain
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 04:15:00 PM »

why not just find a boat?  Zombies can't swim.
You have to know how to use it properly and sooner or later you will have to make land fall to find supplies, Also if its shallow water the Zombies could capsize the boat among others things.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 08:17:37 PM »

Has anyone read the Z War bok that this author wrote? 

I was looking at it on the shelf yesterday but have too many books to read before I buy another.  It looks good though...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  How to Survive a Zombie Attack « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.