Main Menu

Character Deaths That Made You Smile

Started by Mr. DS, April 14, 2008, 08:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. DS

I'm not sure this was ever posted but but I figured I'd start this thread.  GangreneWidescreen.com usually has a section in their reviews for people they wanted most to see killed in the film.  Has there ever been a victim in a horror film who's death made you cheer?  One I can think is Kelly Rowland's character in Freddy Vs. Jason.  It happened at the right time too. 
DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall

Oldskool138

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place

Killer Bees

The blonde chick in Ice Queen.  She coudn't act and was a quite a slapper but even though her death was satisfying to me, she couldn't even act scared or regretful about it.   :lookingup:
Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......

BoyScoutKevin

Smile? I effing lost it. This description doesn't do it justice, but . . .

"Captain Kronos" The Captain sees a man, who has been ran over by a wagon, lieing in a field. He goes to the man and picks him up to see, if he can help. The man's arm falls off, where it has been severed by the wagon wheel. ROTFL!

Trevor

:smile: Good topic, DS.

SPOILER ALERT

[trevor spits in hands, rubs them together and then gets his fingers stuck on the keyboard]   sxwfit3efy9e8ydiweuowiy2re......sorry.  :wink:

Ellis (Hart Bochner) getting his in "Die Hard": also Hans Gruber taking a dive. I saw "Die Hard" on a huge curved screen which made this all the more frightening.

The insane murderer Judith (Nadia Fares) in "The Crimson Rivers"

Stewart Granger in "The Wild Geese"  :teddyr:

The death of the drug dealer in "Lullaby" (not released yet, but this made me  :smile:)

Edward Woodward in "Hot Fuzz". Ouchies  :buggedout:

Matt Clark in "An Eye For An Eye". Double ouchies.  :buggedout: :buggedout:

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

AnubisVonMojo

Though you could make the argument it technically wasn't a death scene, seeing that whiny little emo turd Hayden Christiansen graphically scorched near the end of Revenge of the Sith gave me the satisfaction I'd been waiting for ever since they introduced him in Attack of the Clones.

Also, though I love the character, Herbert West's "death" at the end of Re-Animator will always be a classic. Strangled to death by p**sed-off intestines?! Brilliant!  :teddyr:

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge

KYGOTC

Lucy in the 92' Dracula. That b!^*h was ANNOYING. 
"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"

JJ80

-Professor Marcus (Alec Guinness) being crowned by a railway signal at the end of "The Ladykillers".
-Man being eaten off the toilet by the T-Rex in "Jurassic Park".

Patient7

The one little annoying kid in 1981's The Boogeyman.

Also, John Lovitz's character in Little Nickey, idiot.
Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.

zbranigan

feyd rautha and the beast rabban - dune

ming the merciless

black guy from 'equilibrium' - "don't ruin the suit" *face cut off* lol

the twitching feet guy from 'the rock'

main bad guy -'kiss of the dragon'

street preacher - 'johnny mnemonic'
if we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.........checkmate!!

AndyC

I can think of a couple that elicited cheers from the audience in the theatre, with Annie Wilkes in Misery at the top of the list. Everybody whooping and cheering as James Caan beats Kathy Bates to death with a blunt object. Hard to explain that to somebody who hasn't seen the movie.

General Chang in Star Trek VI got a cheer I could hear in the cinema next door 15 minutes before it happened. You could sense the anticipation on our side of the wall after that.

And the audience seemed quite delighted with the conclusion of Con Air, with Cyrus the Virus being dispatched in a manner that would make Wile E. Coyote wince.
---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."

darthchicken

I smile every time someone dies in a slasher film. I can't help it, they're funny.
"His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" - James Madison

Andrew

The kid in the sleeping bag in Prophecy:

Click Here (If you haven't seen it before, make sure you are not drinking anything.)
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

AndyC

Quote from: Andrew on April 16, 2008, 05:06:05 PM
The kid in the sleeping bag in Prophecy:

Click Here (If you haven't seen it before, make sure you are not drinking anything.)

That one didn't make me smile so much as giggle uncontrollably. The irony is that I was a kid when I first saw it, and the movie actually did scare me - except for the bouncing banana disappearing in a puff of feathers.
---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."

tpjazz

The D&D nerd in A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 is classic.