Main Menu

Name That Video Game.

Started by venomx, August 01, 2009, 12:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Quote from: Mofo Rising on August 16, 2009, 03:57:46 PM
I was so excited to play this next one, so disappointed by the actual game.

Bonus Point: What gaming system is this game based on?

I had this game, and just remember getting frustrated by having to fight in the arena constantly.  Perhaps it was AD&D, and Commodore 64?
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

Mofo Rising

The game was released on the Commodore 64. However, the "gaming system" it was based on is something else. Andrew is pretty much spot on, although he was guessing it as the title.

The game title has not yet been named though.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.

Andrew

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

Mofo Rising

Quote from: Andrew on August 16, 2009, 08:34:10 PM
It's Hillsfar!

Correct! To this day I have no idea why I spent so much time on that game.

The "gaming system" was a bit of a trick question. The answer was Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. However, Andrew did mention it in passing, and a system the game was released on, so I'm sending the bonus points his way.

Total Score -
Mofo Rising-12, Cthulhu-17, Rev. Powell-1, Venomx-17, Circus_Circus-10, doggett-2, Jim H-2, InformationGeek-9, AndyC-2, BTM-3, DarkSider-1, Andrew - 3

Next up, Andrew.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.

venomx

Please note, I made a New Rule a few pages back. :wink:

* Anyone can post a new game photo, but the current guess photo has to be solved 1st.

Ah, and welcome to the gaming club Andrew!

Total Score -
Mofo Rising-12, Cthulhu-17, Rev. Powell-1, Venomx-17, Circus_Circus-10, doggett-2, Jim H-2, InformationGeek-9, AndyC-2, BTM-3, DarkSider-1, Andrew-3

Andrew

Quote from: Mofo Rising on August 16, 2009, 08:39:56 PM
Quote from: Andrew on August 16, 2009, 08:34:10 PM
It's Hillsfar!

Correct! To this day I have no idea why I spent so much time on that game.

The "gaming system" was a bit of a trick question. The answer was Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. However, Andrew did mention it in passing, and a system the game was released on, so I'm sending the bonus points his way.

Total Score -
Mofo Rising-12, Cthulhu-17, Rev. Powell-1, Venomx-17, Circus_Circus-10, doggett-2, Jim H-2, InformationGeek-9, AndyC-2, BTM-3, DarkSider-1, Andrew - 3

Next up, Andrew.

I knew that it was an AD&D game, and that I played it on my Commodore 64.  What I couldn't remember at first was the darn name!

Here's the next one to solve:

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

venomx

Thats Forbidden Forest! Commodore 64. :thumbup:

ghouck

I think it's the sequil, "return to the Forbidden Forest", but almost surely for the C-64, like Venomx said. .
Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution

Andrew

Quote from: Venomx on August 16, 2009, 09:29:50 PM
Thats Forbidden Forest! Commodore 64. :thumbup:

It sure is!  I loved playing that, because the music went crazy and your little dude danced at the end of each section.  Dance, little archer, DANCE!

Mofo Rising-12, Cthulhu-17, Rev. Powell-1, Venomx-18, Circus_Circus-10, doggett-2, Jim H-2, InformationGeek-9, AndyC-2, BTM-3, DarkSider-1, Andrew-3
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

venomx

Cool! Next game - Commodore 64 and Atari 2600

This photo below is from the Atari 2600 ver.

Bonus Points - What game is this below? lol ...

Please note, New Rule.

* Anyone can post a new game photo, but the current guess photo has to be solved 1st.

Total Score -
Mofo Rising-12, Cthulhu-17, Rev. Powell-1, Venomx-18, Circus_Circus-10, doggett-2, Jim H-2, InformationGeek-9, AndyC-2, BTM-3, DarkSider-1, Andrew-3

Andrew

Montezuma's Revenge, and the bonus game is "Star Control II!"
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

venomx

LOL, I even tried tricking you with that last photo, I zoomed in. Goodjob! correct and correct 3 points.

Please note, New Rule.

Total Score -
Mofo Rising-12, Cthulhu-17, Rev. Powell-1, Venomx-18, Circus_Circus-10, doggett-2, Jim H-2, InformationGeek-9, AndyC-2, BTM-3, DarkSider-1, Andrew-6

Andrew

Quote from: Venomx on August 17, 2009, 12:39:46 PM
LOL, I even tried tricking you with that last photo, I zoomed in. Goodjob! correct and correct 3 points.

I played a good bit of "Montezuma's Revenge," and still love "Star Control II."  The C64 version of Montezuma had much better graphics.

Well, nuts!  You beat me to the next post!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

venomx

Next game - Arcade version.

Bonus Points - Name the 2 game characters above.