Main Menu

How's the weather?

Started by Olivia Bauer, January 20, 2012, 09:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

'Enhanced risk of severe weather" today, especially between 2-8 pm.  Hail, tornadoes possible.

Sucky day. Pun intended.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Alex

No heavy clouds or anything in the sky, but it smells like rain is on the way today regardless.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

claws

Autumn weather in February: dark grey overcast, windy enough to make leaves fly, and rainy. Temps yo-yo between 2°C and 8°C

The kind of weather I'd rather stay at home wrapped in a blanket drinking apple & cinnamon tea with honey.
Is it October yet?

claws

Snow and rain today with icy winds. It is -1°C at the moment (01:00 am)
Is it October yet?

Trevor

Hot with rain later: daily Pretoria summer 😊🐢
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Alex

Bright and sunny, bt not warm.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

Alex

Very overcast and grey today.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

Silvery and pleasant. Kind of like when they give you nuts after dinner in France.

claws

low: -4°C high: 11°C

It is 3°C at the moment but it feels colder. It is a dark overcast day today.
Is it October yet?

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Clear and cool and sunny with the air clean and fresh, like it often is after big storms. Just branches down here, thankfully, but yesterday late afternoon through late evening was probably the highest sustained winds locally since the remnants of a hurricane freakishly came this far inland in 2008. We also broke a single-day rainfall total record for the date, so the ground was saturated, and that's when you get a lot of trees toppling in winds. There may be trees down someplace in the woods, I haven't braved the mud to look, but I'm surprised damage isn't more apparent, and worse than it seems. I'm not sure how many tornadoes there were locally but at least two for sure.

claws

We had some snow and rain last night and yep, it continues to be windy (since January I think).
We are supposed to get more rain this week. They are also predicting 12°C for Sunday.
Is it October yet?

Alex

Started snowing last night and continued on through today. I'd mentioned something to a co-worker about 1st and 2nd winter and today he told me he hadn't believed me, but I was right.

Of course, I am right ya dipstick. Its been the weather pattern up here for the past 10-15 years at least.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

Another beautiful afternoon in the ever-scenic Ohio River Valley. Clear, sunny, breezy, cool, birds are singing, grass is getting greener, deer are looking amorously at one another, trees are budding with little-bitty leaf babies, fluffy white clouds drift by, and we are up to THREE tornado-free days in a row!!