Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:57:56 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 243
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 595067 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #495 on: August 27, 2020, 07:46:24 AM »

^  The mutants!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #496 on: August 27, 2020, 08:42:26 AM »

THE FABULOUS BARON MUNCHAUSEN [BARON PRASIL] (1962): An astronaut discovers Baron Muchausen living on the moon, and they fly back to earth on a sailing ship drawn by flying horses to rescue a woman abducted by a sultan. Karel Zeman advances his craft by taking the visual style of INVENTION FOR DESTRUCTION---a mix of cutout animation and live actors on highly artificial sets---and adding vivid color and a dashingly comic Baron. 4.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #497 on: August 27, 2020, 08:46:30 AM »

THE FABULOUS BARON MUNCHAUSEN [BARON PRASIL] (1962): An astronaut discovers Baron Muchausen living on the moon, and they fly back to earth on a sailing ship drawn by flying horses to rescue a woman abducted by a sultan. Karel Zeman advances his craft by taking the visual style of INVENTION FOR DESTRUCTION---a mix of cutout animation and live actors on highly artificial sets---and adding vivid color and a dashingly comic Baron. 4.5/5.

I LOVE Zeman! He's like a latter day George Melies.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #498 on: August 27, 2020, 08:49:24 AM »

And you can see that Terry Gilliam stole quite a bit from him for his Monty Python animations.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #499 on: August 27, 2020, 08:52:46 AM »

And you can see that Terry Gilliam stole quite a bit from him for his Monty Python animations.

Oh yeah! The man was a genius at his craft!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #500 on: August 27, 2020, 10:40:57 AM »

Doctor Who versus the Daleks.

Wow.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #501 on: August 27, 2020, 10:46:39 AM »

"The Unholy" (1988)
A Catholic priest (Ben Cross) with a troubled past is assigned to re-open a run-down parish in New Orleans, and proceeds to do battle with the demonic force that killed his two predecessors.
A throwback to the "devil" movies of the '70s (think "The Exorcist" or "The Omen," updated with lots of flashy '80s music-video style lighting and dry ice), featuring the always dependable Hal Holbrook and Ned Beatty in supporting roles. There's some splashy gore and some hilariously cheesy creature effects, but in the end "The Unholy" turned out to be an entertaining slab of '80s B-horror.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #502 on: August 27, 2020, 06:59:40 PM »

Doctor Who versus the Daleks.

Wow.

My favorite Dr.Who is Peter Cushing.  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #503 on: August 27, 2020, 07:52:05 PM »

...My favorite Dr.Who is Peter Cushing.  Thumbup

I saw the end of LAURENCE OLIVIER's HAMLET (1949) yesterday and was delighted to see a very young PETER CUSHING in a part there !!!  I like PETER CUSHING!!!

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #504 on: August 27, 2020, 08:35:42 PM »

He was also in Laurel and Hardy's A CHUMP AT OXFORD (1939)! 

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #505 on: August 27, 2020, 10:49:02 PM »

He was also in Laurel and Hardy's A CHUMP AT OXFORD (1939)!  

Oh cool!!!  

Here he is in HAMLET (1949) :

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 10:51:05 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #506 on: August 28, 2020, 12:03:42 PM »

1 Br (2019) - The scenario isn't remotely believable, but luckily they made sure to not have any humor, sex, or interesting cinematography either. blandly watchable, passionless, cliched... netflix instant par excellence  1/5
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #507 on: August 28, 2020, 10:26:41 PM »

CAROUSHELL (2016)  I must say, this was the best movie about a carousel unicorn serial killer I have ever seen, and I think I have seen them all.
Blood!  Decapitations!  Unicorn sex!  Bad puns!  Irate pizza delivery guys!  A goofy cowboy mascot!  A kid named "Lunchbox!"

Throw away your Picassos, CAROUSHELL is the only art you will ever need!!!!   5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #508 on: August 30, 2020, 01:44:20 PM »

NINJAS VS. VAMPIRES - A group of wisecracking ninjas take on an evil vampire lord with the aid of a witch and a good vampire.   A couple of local teens get sucked into the conflict and the guy decides to join forces with the ninja to protect his lady love.  This was low-budget, but done with a lot of heart.  The swordplay and martial arts are impressive, and the vampire effects were surprisingly goof for a movie made on a shoestring.  Turns out this is the middle movie of a trilogy; I'm motivated enough now to go watch the other two.  Free on Amazon Prime, but I woulda paid the $3 rental fee for this one!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #509 on: August 30, 2020, 01:59:06 PM »

SHAKESPEARE'S s**tSTORM (2020): Very loosely following the plot of Shakespeare's "The Tempest," the story involves a party ship packed with pharmaceutical executives washed up on the shores of Troma, New Jersey, after a storm of whale feces. "s**tstorm" may not be quite as surreal as "Tromeo & Juliet," but it represents a capstone Troma's transgressive punk aesthetic; it may just be their most offensive movie yet---and one of their smartest and funniest. I saw it via Fantasia Festival online; not sure when it will be widely available, but a lot of folks here should remember to look for it. 4/5.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 243
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.