Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:16:15 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Humor « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Author Topic: COVID-19 Humor  (Read 33198 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 09, 2020, 11:57:46 AM »

The radio station I listen to in the morning played a song today called "Covid-19" (sung to the tune of "Come on Eileen"). I only heard a few seconds of it, but I thought it was funny. Is it wrong to enjoy humor based on a virus?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 12:14:08 PM »

Using humour as a way to deal with situations like this isn't unusual, or even unhealthy. You should hear some of the jokes made by people who work in the emergency services or military as a coping mechanism.

It all comes down to personal taste after that.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 12:19:59 PM »

Seen on social media: "As an Asian-American with a cold, I've never felt so empowered!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 12:48:50 PM »

I remember the Black Death, wandering around Paris with Oscar Wilde and Joan Rivers in the 1340s while the corpses piled up, people were screaming in their houses "Save moi! Save moi!" and it was so annoying to be in Paris and not find a single good cafe open during this s**tstorm, so what could we do but head back to the time machine without our snails and baguettes, right?

Well Oscar, who had low blood sugar, he turns to Joan and says, "Joannie, dahling, have you a dollar for the vending machine so I can snag some yummy SnackWells?"

And Joan said, "Oscar, how can you think of eating while people are dying all around you?"

To which Oscar replied, "Fvck you, you stretch-faced old drag queen in female form."

And Joan kicked him in the balls.

I guess you had to be there but it was hilarious.

Annieway, long story short, oh yeah, for sure you have to laugh in the face of other people's suffering.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 02:23:49 PM »

"Wash your hands like you've got a club stamp you really don't want your mother to see!"

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 06:31:59 PM »

I'm trying to figure out how to get to the punchline, "I swear she said she was COVID-19!"

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Bushma

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 08:33:56 AM »

Are memes allowed?

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 10:25:09 PM »

The radio station I listen to in the morning played a song today called "Covid-19" (sung to the tune of "Come on Eileen"). I only heard a few seconds of it, but I thought it was funny. Is it wrong to enjoy humor based on a virus?
yes. i could die if i contract this and  it's likely i would. my husband couldn't live through losing me, he'd be alone with very few people to get him through it. so i self quarantine instead. sorry if i'm bringing you down, but that's my reality. Thumbdown

don't EVEN...EVER!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 10:50:11 PM »

I vote, no, laugh away!

Throughout time people have always laughed at calamity, and thereby made it feel manageable. One of the ills of the era is people are forgetting how to laugh, they're becoming afraid of comedy, or satire and parody, becoming oh-so-uptight serious, like Puritans. Laugh in the face of problems and fears and you give yourself a tiny vacation from them.

"Besides that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 10:58:36 PM by ER » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 10:17:54 AM »

One I heard today: The coronavirus won't last long....it was made in China after all.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 11:54:09 AM »

Being around aircraft a lot I guess it was natural that the first one I heard was "Whats the difference between Coronavirus and a 747 Max?" "Coronavirus is airborne."

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 08:54:57 PM »

sweet butthead, it's a 737, not 747. i'm from boeing's original home, i know the model names all too well, lol!  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 07:21:04 AM »

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 08:14:44 AM »

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2020, 11:20:25 AM »

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Humor « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.