Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

Whaaaaat!??? We used to sing this on the playground in first grade and play patty-cake to it, and we never knew what we were saying:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Sue_from_Alabama#:~:text=Miss%20Sue%20was%2C%20in%20African,recorded%20in%201934%20and%201939.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Leah

I'm over a month sober (nearly 40 days sober) and my mind has me questioning my gender identity....again.
yeah no.

ER

Quote from: El Misfit on August 04, 2022, 06:02:56 PM
I'm over a month sober (nearly 40 days sober) and my mind has me questioning my gender identity....again.

Out of curiosity, what does it feel like to question personal gender identity?

Leah

Quote from: ER on August 04, 2022, 08:00:16 PM

A frustration that lingers on for hiw ever long you question it that cannot be easily answered with full confidence.
yeah no.

ER

Quote from: El Misfit on August 04, 2022, 08:06:49 PM
Quote from: ER on August 04, 2022, 08:00:16 PM

A frustration that lingers on for hiw ever long you question it that cannot be easily answered with full confidence.

Oscar Wilde said to define is to limit, so maybe instead of trying to define yourself, you should just go with how  you feel at any moment, without worrying about understanding it.

Good luck in any case.

Trevor

Firstly, congratulations on the sobriety and secondly, I feel one's personal gender identity is that person's business.

I have no problem with people claiming a gender that they weren't born with or being gender fluid, intersex, non binary or whatever a person chooses.  :smile:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Alex

I wonder if there is a name for the feeling you get when you ask some D&D players for some short backgrounds for their characters and what you get back from the first one involves four badly spelled chapters that directly contradicts the established in-game lore. I am going to just tell him it is fine and completely ignore all the extra stuff he has put in, over and above he is a disgraced soldier, exiled from his homeland and is a functioning alcoholic (very similar to a character I am playing in another game).
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Alex

What kind of idiots would fire off dozens of flares to distract a radar-guided missile? They would do nothing. You really want an ECM suite to deal with that threat.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

Today someone argued with me that there is no difference between "undead" and "alive." Some people's minds truly have no elasticity.

ER

Would you change your name to Pucey Pugtoes for $10,000?

Alex

I have a really nice tasting dinner sitting waiting for me, but I am craving toasted cheese.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

Quote from: Alex on August 15, 2022, 12:48:21 PM
I have a really nice tasting dinner sitting waiting for me, but I am craving toasted cheese.
That's what my mom just told me she had for dinner, only she insists on calling it a "toasty cheese."

Rev. Powell

I haven't smoked a cigarette in well over a year, but I'm seriously considering buying a carton or two of menthols. I wonder how much a pack will be worth after the ban goes into effect.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Trevor

Quote from: Rev. Powell on August 16, 2022, 07:51:19 AM
I haven't smoked a cigarette in well over a year, but I'm seriously considering buying a carton or two of menthols. I wonder how much a pack will be worth after the ban goes into effect.

I haven't smoked since 2009 and I was shocked when I found out - just a general question - that a pack of smokes costs almost $5 here now.  :buggedout:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Quote from: Rev. Powell on August 16, 2022, 07:51:19 AM
Ban?