Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:21:34 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 146
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 225579 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #795 on: July 31, 2022, 11:01:46 AM »

Whaaaaat!??? We used to sing this on the playground in first grade and play patty-cake to it, and we never knew what we were saying:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Sue_from_Alabama#:~:text=Miss%20Sue%20was%2C%20in%20African,recorded%20in%201934%20and%201939.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #796 on: August 04, 2022, 06:02:56 PM »

I'm over a month sober (nearly 40 days sober) and my mind has me questioning my gender identity....again.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #797 on: August 04, 2022, 08:00:16 PM »

I'm over a month sober (nearly 40 days sober) and my mind has me questioning my gender identity....again.

Out of curiosity, what does it feel like to question personal gender identity?

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #798 on: August 04, 2022, 08:06:49 PM »

A frustration that lingers on for hiw ever long you question it that cannot be easily answered with full confidence.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #799 on: August 05, 2022, 01:51:19 AM »

A frustration that lingers on for hiw ever long you question it that cannot be easily answered with full confidence.

Oscar Wilde said to define is to limit, so maybe instead of trying to define yourself, you should just go with how  you feel at any moment, without worrying about understanding it.

Good luck in any case.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #800 on: August 05, 2022, 02:04:53 AM »

Firstly, congratulations on the sobriety and secondly, I feel one's personal gender identity is that person's business.

I have no problem with people claiming a gender that they weren't born with or being gender fluid, intersex, non binary or whatever a person chooses.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #801 on: August 08, 2022, 03:43:43 PM »

I wonder if there is a name for the feeling you get when you ask some D&D players for some short backgrounds for their characters and what you get back from the first one involves four badly spelled chapters that directly contradicts the established in-game lore. I am going to just tell him it is fine and completely ignore all the extra stuff he has put in, over and above he is a disgraced soldier, exiled from his homeland and is a functioning alcoholic (very similar to a character I am playing in another game).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #802 on: August 09, 2022, 01:29:22 PM »

What kind of idiots would fire off dozens of flares to distract a radar-guided missile? They would do nothing. You really want an ECM suite to deal with that threat.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 03:46:15 PM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #803 on: August 09, 2022, 05:00:05 PM »

Today someone argued with me that there is no difference between "undead" and "alive." Some people's minds truly have no elasticity.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #804 on: August 10, 2022, 12:57:22 PM »

Would you change your name to Pucey Pugtoes for $10,000?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #805 on: August 15, 2022, 12:48:21 PM »

I have a really nice tasting dinner sitting waiting for me, but I am craving toasted cheese.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #806 on: August 15, 2022, 02:07:07 PM »

I have a really nice tasting dinner sitting waiting for me, but I am craving toasted cheese.
That's what my mom just told me she had for dinner, only she insists on calling it a "toasty cheese."

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #807 on: August 16, 2022, 07:51:19 AM »

I haven't smoked a cigarette in well over a year, but I'm seriously considering buying a carton or two of menthols. I wonder how much a pack will be worth after the ban goes into effect.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #808 on: August 16, 2022, 08:03:18 AM »

I haven't smoked a cigarette in well over a year, but I'm seriously considering buying a carton or two of menthols. I wonder how much a pack will be worth after the ban goes into effect.

I haven't smoked since 2009 and I was shocked when I found out - just a general question - that a pack of smokes costs almost $5 here now.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #809 on: August 16, 2022, 10:31:08 AM »

Ban?

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.